Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2024, 06:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop doing Air Drops of alt coins .... We've got Bitcoin  (Read 1101 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:12:26 PM

Hi all -

I have been in correspondence with the people who are organizing aid for people in Kiev, via Bitcoin donations.  There were a few articles written about their efforts a couple weeks ago.   The Auroracoin thing was super interesting, but a side of me said "Don't we actually want them to adopt Bitcoin right now?"  I didn't think much of it.  No harm done I guess.

Next thing I hear is (of course) some unoriginal people wanting to get rich have come up with Kievcoin or UkraineCoin.  I realize there is an ongoing debate about alt coins ruining Bitcoins potential.  But here is an example of where Bitcoin is what is actually needed.   The people of Kiev are suffering.  Even dying.   They need a currency that has an infrastructure, products, and services so they can buy things to aid their fight.
http://www.coindesk.com/hold-ukraine-protestors-turn-bitcoin-fundraising/  

I realize some of you only give a shit about yourselves, and you want to get rich.  And there's more money in it for you to create a clone coin and market an air drop. But this doesn't help the people of Ukraine.  If you are going to do a air drop, do one with Bitcoin.  Can you imagine the headlines if some rich bastard took $1 million and printed out 200,000 paper wallets with $5 worth of bitcoin on them?  Seeding all of Kiev with Bitcoins, suddenly causing an entire nation to adopt bitcoin on the "underground"?  

*THAT* would be monumental.
*THAT* would be humanitarian aid.

This irritates the shit out of me for some reason.  We've got a viable currency that is taking hold around the world, and you're air dropping some no-name coin that has zero commerce.  Stop it.  

I have no problem with a bunch of teenagers playing with alt coins, pump and dumps, etc.  I am an avid Alt-coin miner myself.  But this is real life.   People's actual ability to survive.   This isn't a playground.  Some of you need to remember the big picture.  Its Bitcoin we need to propagate around the world first.   If you want to help the people of Ukraine - respond to their pleas for Bitcoins.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 04:29:15 PM

IMFcoin is way ahead of you Bitcoin guys, I agree that Bitcoin didn't have a perfect start, but IMFcoin is a new innovative coin that causes the nation to do what it wants.

it does this though its innovative "Proof of Scam" system  (there were a few clone of IMF coin on here actually.)

in no time the people of Kiev will be feeling the warm benefits of IMFcoin.

Soon the city will be blossoming with productivity! IMFcoin already has ATMs in place and there are new ATMs being set up all the time that exclusively only take IMFcoin.

furthermore there is no evidence that the people of Ukraine support Bitcoin in any way??

where as they overthrew the government to support IMFcoin, so I'd really doubt that Bitcoin has a look in here.

but good luck !

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
edok

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:43:27 PM

IMFcoin is way ahead of you Bitcoin guys, I agree that Bitcoin didn't have a perfect start, but IMFcoin is a new innovative coin that causes the nation to do what it wants.

it does this though its innovative "Proof of Scam" system  (there were a few clone of IMF coin on here actually.)

Soon the city will be blossoming with productivity! IMFcoin already has ATMs in place and there are new ATMs being set up all the time that exclusively only take IMFcoin.

furthermore there is no evidence that the people of Ukraine support Bitcoin in any way??

where as they overthrew the government to support IMFcoin, so I'd really doubt that Bitcoin has a look in here.

but good luck !

IMFcoin? Never heard of it and can't find a thread, website, or anything.

Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:02:01 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-13/ukraine-s-yatsenyuk-sees-commitment-to-change-helping-imf-loan.html

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:03:22 PM

Hi BittBurger,

I am one of the more serious contributors to the Auroracoin initiative. I agree with you that creating and airdropping new coins to serious causes like the Ukraine are not adding any sense or value to doing it in Bitcoin. Therefore I support your thread as well.

Having that said, the initiative behind Auroracoin is not based on supporting a weak nation, because that is not what Iceland is. It is a well thought over plan that embraces the idea to drop a new digital currency on an entire nation and make it a success.

If any country is a an ideal candidate for that is's Iceland. Their monetary system is completely broken due to the 2008 financial crises and the value of their national currency has been devaluating over the last 80 years. Combine that with a nation that had the mentality to collectively break their government with a non-violent "pots and pans revolution" and an internet penetration of over 90% and a Facebook penetration over 80% and you'll see why this small (only 330.000 inhabitants) country is the ideal candidate...

So if you need any support in getting a bitcoin based operation going for the Ukraine, you can count me in. For now I have to focus on the succes of airdropping Auroracoin though. After that I'm really up for this!

Good luck on this mate!

LTEX

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:15:16 PM

but good luck !

see, now this is why i love this forum !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
edok

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:26:53 PM

but good luck !

Because people are looking for new information and assuming the community will be helpful and welcoming instead of condescending to those who don't know as much?

renodaret

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:27:05 PM

i absolutly agree
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:52:29 PM

but good luck !

Because people are looking for new information and assuming the community will be helpful and welcoming instead of condescending to those who don't know as much?

chill Winston, i was speaking of your keenness for opportunity, nothing more, I love this forum because of the keenness and pure capitalist nature in which it functions, its a great environment generally for innovation , and open systems multiply that, so don't misunderstand by condescending nature in this case with my rather more humble appreciation of the your question and what it represents for the open system capitalist environment which harbors such innovation.

quite to the point if only the people of Ukraine showed your motivation , why they would have the ability to make the necessary sacrifices they they need to make for IMFcoin, they would work that little bit harder knowing the innovative nature of the Proof of Scam system is going to provide them with the boost they need to give money to the politicians that just elected themselves, and is now going to complete the wealth PoS give away.

The important thing is that every one gets in more debt, and then you have to (oops already gone) sell your gold and assets to the IMFcoin devs, in return you get IMFcoin and a certified Proof of Scam document as invoice for the land, businesses and gold.   

in no time they will be pushing way ahead of Nigeria and more into a proper basket case nation of debt and destruction.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:27:54 PM

Bitcoin's número one issue is not altcoins, government or banks. It is ignorance. Airdrops solve this problem.
lphelps

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:37:05 PM

seeing as there will only be 21 million Bitcoins ever produced, How the hell do you plan on getting all 7 billion on this planet to accept it.. Unless a whole Bitcoin equals several billion dollars and then owning only a fraction of a BTC would make the holder somewhat well off.. Just curious..
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 09:50:24 AM

seeing as there will only be 21 million Bitcoins ever produced, How the hell do you plan on getting all 7 billion on this planet to accept it.. Unless a whole Bitcoin equals several billion dollars and then owning only a fraction of a BTC would make the holder somewhat well off.. Just curious..

Again,  this is where IMFcoin has significant advantages, if you give over enough real things like gold , land and businesses, you can literally have an unlimited amount of IMFcoin due to the innovative Proof of Scam system.

Bitcoin is great for people to trade and stuff like that, but it can't get suckers to hand over real assets like IMFcoin.

plus most Governments support IMFcoin, one way or another ; ) 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
escrowman

Activity: 262

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:14:48 AM

so many clone coin with no feature ,we need innovation 、competition and so on
phreakish

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:24:03 AM

Again,  this is where IMFcoin has significant advantages, if you give over enough real things like gold , land and businesses, you can literally have an unlimited amount of IMFcoin due to the innovative Proof of Scam system.

Bitcoin is great for people to trade and stuff like that, but it can't get suckers to hand over real assets like IMFcoin.

Im rather curious on this IMFcoin?

As for auroracoin I adopted it , traded it and still holding for the sake that it will retain value later down the road. Doing the same with Darkcoin and blackcoin as well as 66coin.

a cunning and whitty statement to follow.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:31:12 AM

Im rather curious on this IMFcoin?

As for auroracoin I adopted it , traded it and still holding for the sake that it will retain value later down the road. Doing the same with Darkcoin and blackcoin as well as 66coin.

you won't be disappointed with IMFcoin, AUR is a pretty good attempt at giving out a crypto, but it doesn't achieve any of the things IMFcoin can.

IMFcoin is a proven system that works 100% of the time, in some cases.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 03:47:04 PM

And then the transaction fee is like 0.0001 or something like that. Cheesy Pathetic crap. Roll Eyes

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:20:25 PM

And then the transaction fee is like 0.0001 or something like that. Cheesy Pathetic crap. Roll Eyes
for the BTC0.9 wallet the transaction fees will be reduced again.  the transaction fees will continue to go down as the currency gains more value and more transactions occur.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Hillbilly

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:38:06 PM

but good luck !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessions_of_an_Economic_Hit_Man  IMF at it's finest
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:41:29 PM

but good luck !

Pretty sure he is making fun of the international monetary fund.
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:25:09 PM

but good luck !

Pretty sure he is making fun of the international monetary fund.

No?!? Seriously? :p
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: