Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:27:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which stablecoin is the most reliable?  (Read 1993 times)
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

I have only used DAI and when i sell it i get rate of 98c-$1. That's stable enough for me.

It's collateralized by Ether.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:36:38 AM

In fact, I have not used any stable coins so far. Nor have I invested in it so far. And I do not see any benefit in investing in stablecoin as they are usually constant in price. Their price neither increases nor decreases. I think, they are there for those who want to store their money in stablecoin and use to purchase other coins wherever they want. So it does not work for me at least at this time of period.
Few altcoins that have prices around $1 have stable prices such as USDT or Stellar, but certainly not every time their market experiences stable prices, because market conditions sometimes change.
but I want to ask, what do you expect from the stablecoin market? safely? oh dude, if you want to find safely investment then crypto is not the place, the price of each coin will definitely fluctuate sometimes
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2145

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 04:40:31 AM

I prefer USD Coin (USDC) than Tether because of its governance. IMO Coinbase is more trustable than Bitfinex since it compliance with US regulations. You can exchange 1 USDC to 1 USD in Coinbase.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
khiholangkang

Activity: 2030
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 05:37:57 AM

Is there a stablecoin to which you can put your funds and be sure that you will get back what you put? (I know it cannot be 100% guarantee, but which according to your opinion is the best?)
this is the world of cryptocurrency, whatever stable a coin can certainly go down, if you want your money to be stable you have to convert it to fiat

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 08:36:23 PM

Before when I was trading I always used USDT and I never had any problems. There will always be a risk in using stable coins, but using USDT reduces this risk.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 04:26:44 AM

USDT is the most stable because it is on the government and I guess there will be no problem in using that also the risk will be lessened. Binance coin also for me this year it is stable and doesn't going down easily because it had a big support from the binance exchange.
wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 04:33:11 AM

I have always used Tether (USDT) so far, and it's not so bad, prices can change appreciably, maybe because it is main pair in a variety of large markets.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 04:37:25 AM

Before when I was trading I always used USDT and I never had any problems. There will always be a risk in using stable coins, but using USDT reduces this risk.

The risk is more lesser when you are dealing with day trade as you can keep monitoring the value and your assets itself, there's a risk as we are still
in an industry where assurance can't be assume right away, we are seeing volatility and even stable coin is not free from suffering if a huge dumped
happen inside the exchange.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 04:38:50 AM

Even USDT has some bad rumors about it but still, it has the highest volume it terms in stablecoins it used on almost all top exchanges, I might also consider USDC it has quite some reputation because it is fully backed by the US dollar and developed by the CENTRE consortium.

You can find other stablecoins here: https://cryptoslate.com/cryptos/stablecoin/
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 09:52:16 AM

Hello,

I have never really used stablecoins so far, my question simple:

Which stablecoin is the real stablecoin and can be trusted? USDT always seemed like an option but they had that issue when the price suddenly dropped down to 0.85, which makes me trust them less.

Is there a stablecoin to which you can put your funds and be sure that you will get back what you put? (I know it cannot be 100% guarantee, but which according to your opinion is the best?)
Well tether would have really been the best bet, as when it comes to leveraging, they serve that purpose right and even changing your other cryptos temporarily to them, but for now, I really don’t know what is going on with tether with these FUD news about them, I guess they have not been so transparent as much as we all thought, since they are being accused of over printing.

I don’t really know any other USDT, but you can still check the coinmarket to see which one is still above the other, then you can probably go for that, but always check updated from time to time, as there are so many factors that could contribute to their not being stable.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 09:56:25 AM

For Stablecoin, I still believe it might be USDT and USDC. The two Stablecoin that I still hold in trust are stable. If indeed it decreases, of course, the value will not decrease. Because when I move my assets to USDT or USDC, of course the value doesn't change much. Therefore I still believe that USDT and USDC are the trustworthy Stablecoin now.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:35:39 AM

if you want stablecoin for investment just pick ethereum or bitcoin, because ethereum and bitcoin have establish position and make it low risk to investment
Ha bro, when did ethereum and bitcoin become stable coins with all these volatility that they have, and moreover, they are not designed to be stable cons yet since they are not being controlled and not equal to stable assets.

I guess you have to study more on what stable coins are, but for the record, and according to Forbes definition, “A “stable coin” is a cryptocurrency pegged to another stable asset, like gold or the U.S. dollar”, they are the ones you usually see people refer to as USDT, USDC and many more. Tether is an example of stable coin and their value doesn’t usually fluctuate that much because they are meant to be pegged to stable assets.
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:48:19 AM

I have some time in this market.  And I want to tell you that there is no reliable and stable cryptocurrency on the market.  This is all very relative.  Today this coin can be reliable and tomorrow is gone.
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:54:34 AM

I trust coinbase's USDC stablecoin. In my opinion, this is the best and most reliable stablecoin in the market, which has sufficient volumes and is supported by one of the best platforms in the cryptocurrency market. As an alternative, I would have looked to Gemini Dollar.

lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 12:17:16 PM

I have no plan to invest in stablecoin. Because it is more risky rather than bitcoin and other coin. And on the other hand I dont have enough knowledge to manage that coin unlike bitcoin that easy to handle. But I read some arucle that USDC is a good coin and right now I am continue to have a research about that coin. And I find people who already to use it before I invest on it to have some advised.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
sctunter

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 03:09:45 PM

never had experience except from USDT and USDC
for me Tether or USDT is better here , although there was many issue about Tether being scam and another bad news but the price now look stable.
other_side

Activity: 285

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 04:33:40 PM

Hello,

I have never really used stablecoins so far, my question simple:

Which stablecoin is the real stablecoin and can be trusted? USDT always seemed like an option but they had that issue when the price suddenly dropped down to 0.85, which makes me trust them less.

It only recently dropped to about 95 compared to other stablecoins. And the important advantage of USDT is that it is the most widely used stablecoin with large volume. So it has a much higher liquidity than the rest of the stablecoin.
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 04:54:38 PM

I think it is best to buy 2 or 3 different stable coins, no one can be trusted 100%, so it is better to share the risks.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 05:11:05 PM

I don't know which stable coin is which out there but stable coins that are actually regulated by the government are the ones that is reliable, you should avoid stable coins that are dodgy like tether where $750M is missing and they refuse to do any audit prior before the loss was announce.
Denongels

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 05:35:27 PM

in my opinion the best is usdc, for the reason he already has a lot of exchange and also the fee is very low because it is still in ethereum network and also the decrease is not too severe like tether.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: