Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:00:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Report From Venezuela: An Inside Look At A Country In Free Fall  (Read 403 times)
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:27:41 PM

It seems like Petro was another way for Maduro's people to get more money and enrich corruption.
They used the blockchain technology wrongly and they disrespect the cryptocurrency industry. The sad thing is that people in Venezuela trusted this system but they ended up losing more money.

During their big NEM token sale they raised about $250,000 altogether if you add up the tokens moved from their main address and multiply it by $60, roughly the price of a barrel of oil at the time.

Of course, they ended up ditching the whole thing in favor of releasing their own super duper X11 Dash hybrid coin, which, by all estimates, probably never even existed and was just numbers on a database or spreadsheet. Only a handful of Venezuelans bought paper certificates representing Petro holdings, but yeah, they all got shafted.

Dash is considered centralized by some members of this forum, but I don't know the details surrounding its change from the Darkcoin era. Now take Dash, change its name into Petro, change it enough so that nobody else can participate (node, wallets, etc), put said nodes in a single data center, do not release wallets but force everyone to use the single online wallet in a single server (hosted in the same data center), pre-mine an abitrary number of coins, peg said coins to some other arbitrary value in the world's worst coin; back it all in promises and you get a close picture of what Petro is.

Naida_BR is not too far of, it all appears to be a State backed ICO scam operation. Good luck suing Maduro...

Your description war very accurate and made things crystal clear.
I believe that we are going to see what it is going to happen to Petro only in the case that Maduro will not be in charge anymore.
BLACKCOIN883

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 07:36:44 PM

It's almost as if DASH didn't help them at all to recover.
Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 12:59:09 PM

Hmm, interesting how you decided to snip this part from my post:

So, there are funds for weapons but not for health programs that are in critical conditions...

I guess you have nothing to say about that since you're probably on the same wavelength as Maduro and his gang thinking that weapons and military uniform are far more important than providing funds to health programs and the national electrical system which is a complete disaster.

I snipped because I only wanted to comment about a leader trusting his citizens with weaponry.  It's very rare, and it is almost always a good sign.  It is, of course, anathema to the Talmudics (except for a small class of rabid Zionists in the criminal state of Israel) since it will be a lot harder to control a people without having a monopoly on the use of force.

Maduro has to keep his country independent from the international bankers as a top priority.  To the extent that the population is suffering, and the design of international sanctions is to starve out the people, it's a balancing act and not one which Maduro or the people of Venezuela wish to be playing.  It's a Zio-con game that they are forced to play.

All the boo-hoo'ing about 'providing health care' from the very same people who are trying their best to starve the Venezuelan people out is a laughable charade to anyone paying any attention at all.  Really it is.  You should be embarrassed.

Unfortunately for the Zio-cons, the people of Venezuela remember life while the international corporations were running the show and stealing all the resources from the nation.  It was hardly peaches and cream at that point either except for a few 'elite'.  When Chavez started using some of the country's oil wealth for health care, housing, etc, life got a lot better for a lot of the population.  I suspect that they remember that well, and I suspect it is why you guys are failing so hard.

Unfortunately its not like that. Those weapons are not given to normal civilians, and even Maduro's militia don't get to own them, just basic training to use them at most. The weapons are always under custody. They are supposedly to be given to the militia only in case of emergency (ie. evil us invasion).

This is meant to be a deterrent of sorts against a "foreign military intervention", or so their theory goes. At the same time, Maduro doesn't trust the people, he knows very well the moment the people gets arms, they will use them against him. Let me remind you, the license permit to bear arms was abolished under his term. Only authorities can legally own any firearms. (Of course common criminals own plenty).

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print