Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:30:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-05-14] Satoshi Nakamoto Could Be Criminal Mastermind Paul Le Roux  (Read 355 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 11:15:55 AM

I thought we already settled on Craig Wright being Satoshi  Grin

What the heck is this again?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2795
Merit: 1820

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:33:28 AM

1.The curious Satoshi/Solotshi monikers.
OK, It's close enough to peak my interest.

2.Both were programmers familiar with C++
It was the most used programming language back then.  Roll Eyes

3.Both had a strong interest in cryptography and privacy.
1000s of people share the same interest, but it does not mean that they automatically qualify to be Satoshi.  Roll Eyes

4.Both were wary of authority.
When you want to create something that makes it difficult for "Big brother" to decipher, then you will also be wary of authorities. 

5.Both had an interest in online gambling – Bitcoin’s initial code had a poker client included.
Millions of people gamble, really?

6.Both were well aware of the difficulty with traditional payment systems, Le Roux on account of the illegal prescription drug racket he was running.
Would you not focus your attention of payment systems, if you want to launder money?

7.Satoshi’s spelling and language – “analyse, colour, defence, bloody, hard” is consistent with Rhodesian Le Roux’s.
I would want to see more evidence of that, Satoshi's writings have been very had to decipher. <British style>

8.Satoshi disappeared in early 2011 to “move on to other things” around the time that Le Roux was transitioning from software genius to cartel boss.
So everyone that changed jobs might be Satoshi then?

9.With tens of millions of dollars in cash, Le Roux would have had no need to cash out his BTC once the price began rising.
Why has no family member ever tried to sell any of those coins?

10.If anyone could have hidden wallets containing 1 million BTC, it would have been the creator of disk encryption software TrueCrypt.
I can hide the same amount of coins on a paper wallet without the use of any encryption knowledge or skills.  Roll Eyes

Interesting theories, but it will be interesting to see what happens when authorities start to dig a little bit deeper into this.  Roll Eyes

Add to that a TrueCrypt inventor who by definition is very likely to be a cypherpunk. So far his MO fits more than anyone else i can think of. From what i can see this in no way helps CSW and if anything, makes him a liar that's trying to steal Pauls creation.

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
Fabienne_ayy

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:46:41 AM

One of the most enduring mysteries of modern times has produced another enthralling twist. Satoshi Nakamoto, Bitcoin’s pseudonymous and enigmatic creator, has not been seen online in more than eight years. Evidence has now surfaced that points to a new Satoshi candidate, whose known life has a number of parallels with that of Bitcoin’s inventor. His name is Paul Le Roux and, if proven to be Satoshi, there is a good reason why his 1 million BTC hasn’t moved – the Rhodesian has been in jail since 2012. More here...

What is your thought on this news article? Do you think Paul Le Roux and Satoshi Nakamoto are the same person? Let's discuss.

I hardly believe but probably he would do such things as he did as he's got a lot more
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 03:54:26 PM

*yawn*

I suppose everyone in prison since 2012 is a candidate, then?

Exactly. Some people are really desperate to prove that Satoshi is some petty criminal. I took me 5 seconds to confirm that this guy (Paul Le Roux) has nothing to do with Satoshi or Bitcoins. His skills are insufficient, and his educational background is not good enough to consider such a possibility. He has been in prison since 2012. But then the question arises why he didn't sold at least some of the coins in 2011, when for a brief period the exchange rate shot up to $30 per coin?
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2795
Merit: 1820

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 03:42:52 AM

*yawn*

I suppose everyone in prison since 2012 is a candidate, then?

Exactly. Some people are really desperate to prove that Satoshi is some petty criminal. I took me 5 seconds to confirm that this guy (Paul Le Roux) has nothing to do with Satoshi or Bitcoins. His skills are insufficient, and his educational background is not good enough to consider such a possibility. He has been in prison since 2012. But then the question arises why he didn't sold at least some of the coins in 2011, when for a brief period the exchange rate shot up to $30 per coin?

Are his skills sufficient enough to create TrueCrypt? Cause he did. You should've spent more that 5 seconds researching, then you'd see that he clearly had no use for cash in 2011. So far the only somewhat solid argument against it, is Paul's ability to be on this very forum and communicate with others on the subject of bitcoin while at the same time running his empire.

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: