Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:36:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgot toast wallet pass phras  (Read 121 times)
BandonBo (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 08:41:18 PM

Is there any way to revover your toast wallet pass phrase if you forgot it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:19:48 AM

I don't know what wallet you are actually talking about, but if it's a decentralized wallet like coinomi, then I think there is no way whatsoever to recover your passphrase or to recover the coin you have in your wallet, what passphrase does is that it's like a pass to your entire wallet and not just one particular address, private key will give you access to a coin in a particular address,  but passphrase will give access to the entire wallet.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:29:45 AM

If it is a wallet that gives private keys like exodus wallet, I think it is easy to recover your account by simply looking for where your private key is stored, you can use it to restore your wallet back and then change you pass phrase, but if you dot have your private key, I guess your wallet is long gone.

I have not used this wallet before, I am only given you an advise in the ideal situation of a desktop wallet, I use exodus and exodus has made it easy for me to be able to recover my account provided I have my private keys, if you are able to recover your wallet, I think you should try exodus wallet out.
ali115112

Activity: 1806
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:23:34 AM

As you know in cryptocurrency wallet most common thing is seeds,phrases or keys, so when yo join any wallet you should make 2 or 3 backup, so there is no chance to recover wallet.

══════════════☛Digicom Finance☚═════════════
A Digital Commerce
JuggSlash

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:25:36 AM

If it is a wallet that gives private keys like exodus wallet, I think it is easy to recover your account by simply looking for where your private key is stored, you can use it to restore your wallet back and then change you pass phrase, but if you dot have your private key, I guess your wallet is long gone.

I have not used this wallet before, I am only given you an advise in the ideal situation of a desktop wallet, I use exodus and exodus has made it easy for me to be able to recover my account provided I have my private keys, if you are able to recover your wallet, I think you should try exodus wallet out.
So, it is like a private key. Well, if you forgot your wallet passphrase, I don't think you are able to recover your wallet for any reason.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:31:44 AM

Just like the private keys and any other wallets that provide pass phrase key or mnemonic words or recovery words, if you lost it then you lost your keys and balance forever.

Didn't you wrote it somewhere or backed it up after creating?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████