Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:53:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending wrong erc20 tokens  (Read 840 times)
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:46:42 PM

Is it possible a bounty provider or bounty team as the case maybe send more than what you earn on the spreadsheet to your wallet? I was reading in a bounty group where sone one said he got more than 1million token when the whole bounty pool is just 9million . won't that affect other bounty hunters from getting their reward?
I do think its possible and it did happen to my friends. He got paid double from what it supposed to be. No wonder it could happen cause of human error.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:48:59 PM

That could be a different reasons which one might be multi account to participate and another is error from the sender but that can be correct if the receiver is a good person and can return the token in balance to what he suppose to get.

In the other hand , some have more than 2-10 account to participate in bounty which result in having large amount of the token when other participants are receiving little .
If one member enrolled with multiple accounts and receiving all the bounty rewards into the same ethereum address then it won't take too long to get caught by the DT members for abusing bounty so the team might send wrong amount but it is no way to recover unless the receiver found guilty of receiving more and return that extra rewards back.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:57:25 PM

This will of course affect, a person who receives more than 10% of the bounty pool is unbelievable, it's a mistake or he is a cheater
That's achievable especially for signature campaign if you're a high rank like hero/legendary you can take most of the bounty pool if there's only a dozens of people and probably most of them will be low rank, getting most of the bounty pool isn't cheating if done in the legit way.
CryptoLing

Activity: 493
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 04:02:36 PM

It's possible, bounty manager is still human so there are always be a possibility of human error. But if the bounty manager send 1Million token from the pool I would probably go to scam bounty, because it's just so silly if you someone send 1Million token by accident.
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 04:07:07 PM

It's a cunning game of a bounty manager. I often see in spreadsheets, many accounts have not gotten a stake, but only 1 account gets it. That is no surprise. I already know the manager campaign's cunning.
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 04:13:11 PM

Wow, is this really happen? I have never heard before about that. If true, he is very lucky can receive the bounty token until 1 Million. But I hope the bounty token can shared with the stakes based of the bounty hunter that their have.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 04:13:27 PM

I don't think that the bounty team or bounty providers sent him more than what he earned. I have never seen such case scenario so I think he lied. He must have done multiple accounts and the tokens he earned on this accounts collectively earned him that.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
infarterr

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 04:27:16 PM

I don't think that the bounty team or bounty providers sent him more than what he earned. I have never seen such case scenario so I think he lied. He must have done multiple accounts and the tokens he earned on this accounts collectively earned him that.

That's right, because it is very rare if the team from the gift is wrong in sending the token or more, if there is any, he will contact the party who receives it, and there will also be sanctions if the recipient does not return him to the team.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:20:56 AM

That's right, because it is very rare if the team from the gift is wrong in sending the token or more, if there is any, he will contact the party who receives it, and there will also be sanctions if the recipient does not return him to the team.
Previously the bounty team made corrections before giving the tokens to the participants so that this would not be possible unless the campaign manager gave more bonuses to the participants so they could give more bets as a form of gratitude for their cooperation in promoting the related project and being able to walk with success

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:30:26 AM

Is it possible a bounty provider or bounty team as the case maybe send more than what you earn on the spreadsheet to your wallet? I was reading in a bounty group where sone one said he got more than 1million token when the whole bounty pool is just 9million . won't that affect other bounty hunters from getting their reward?

In my entire years of being in a bounty promotion, i did not heard any cases where bounty team wrongly sent a large amount of tokens to a bounty hunter, well if thats the case, then it might be lucky to the recipient because it cannot be reversed, not unless the recipient would return it to the sender.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:38:36 AM

And the payment wasn't been send to bounty manager? Because the highest reward is always for bounty manager that care about the quality of the campaign.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:47:49 AM

I do not think it would be happen sending wrong erc20 tokens i never heard something like that and if that happen the team fault, i do not know if they can return to the senders. I guess the allocation for the bounty hunters will be deducted.
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:19:06 AM

I have seen situations where project developers had to change the contract address to their tokens, this would have been one of such reasons or compromised wallet or contract system, one of such is hydro, their initial contract address was later changed to the current one which is listed on exchanges like Bittrex and mecartox and renders the earlier one useless

levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 02:37:43 PM

Yes it is possible. If they sending the token reward manually, then mistakes may occurred.
Imagine that you manually send token one by one to thousands bounty participants addresses, it is not an easy task.
kevinex

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 02:41:18 PM

Yes it is possible. If they sending the token reward manually, then mistakes may occurred.
Imagine that you manually send token one by one to thousands bounty participants addresses, it is not an easy task.
why do you have to manually if you want to send a large number of tokens to many wallet properties? now there are more simple ways and delivery can be done automatically and quickly.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 02:12:15 PM

Such errors are rare, but they happen. More often you can find spam tokens that have the same letters as normal coins. Spammers can send such coins in huge quantities.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: