Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 01:44:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Homelessness has no obvious solution? Wasteful use of resources  (Read 320 times)
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1110

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 04:07:50 PM

Some people want to be homeless. It's not like every homeless person is there because they have no money!

Again these people do not need money, they need food, water and shelter (and a clean environment to to get on their feet)
Have you been to the homeless shelters here? I have, I lived in them, I choose the street/sleeping in McDonald`s because there was less drug addicts there.

I'll ask from a point of view of a capitalist: if they don't need money, why don't they spend what they have on food and shelter. It's much cheaper than drugs and booze.
Isn't giving them good conditions for free like casting pearls before swine? Many of these people have families and friends, but they choose the street.

In fact by now all of taxes should have payed for everyone to have food, water and shelter. WHERE IS MY BUNKER?

I agree. Abandoned property should be rented out to homeless people in exchange for caretaking. There are abandoned buildings wasting away everywhere and the police is throwing squatters out just like that. If they are on drugs they should be offered help, but many won't take it. They're too proud, or like that way of life.

You know what I did yesterday? I saw a boy shooting up heroin on the street, I ended up talking him out of using anymore (he threw the rest of his shit in the garbage) just from me talking to him, We went to the rehab center, He asked me how I got clean, I told him I did it for myself. He thanked me like a million times (he was still tripping).  He had the same story as me, being taken into the hospital and having doctors inject him with who knows what and superscribing shit he does not need so they make money. I told him the doctors are worse than drug dealers, they don`t even know they are drug dealers. Anyways he told me he would not touch anything other than weed again. I told him weed is not a big deal same thing as coffee a plant you heat up and it gives you a little bit of a buzz. He thanked me for not judging him as we walked into the rehab center, I said don`t worry about it but you need to help yourself no one else can. I hope he gets clean and stays clean.

You did a good deed, but rehab isn't free. Once he sobers up and sees the bill, he'll resign. Even going through detox will cost him >$1000 and that's just the beginning, unless in your country it's free somehow.

TimeBits (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 04:17:28 PM

Some people want to be homeless. It's not like every homeless person is there because they have no money!

You did a good deed, but rehab isn't free. Once he sobers up and sees the bill, he'll resign. Even going through detox will cost him >$1000 and that's just the beginning, unless in your country it's free somehow.

I think his ODSP/OW will cover it in Canada and if he spends 3 months clean it will be cheaper than the heroin. You can`t bill people that don`t have a address either Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: