Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:00:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange Hacked - Thief Caught?  (Read 879 times)
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:20:53 PM

For these hackers there is no doubt about their greatness in hacking one of the big Exchange. They are certainly smart and won't leave a trace though. Moreover, they take huge amounts of money. There will be punishment for these hackers if found out. And I think they won't be negligent in doing the action. I think the exchange will not make compensation for its users, which is why don't store money on exchanges.
Hackers are definitely smart but I think the real problem is with the security of exchanges because that's exactly the reason why hackers are targeting them. Exchanges have to be smarter than hackers and find a way to protect their informations better while also create a solution for finding the identity of hackers. Sure, we might think hackers are smart and don't leave traces but in fact they do leave traces behind the only problem being we can't find them.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:24:50 PM

For these hackers there is no doubt about their greatness in hacking one of the big Exchange. They are certainly smart and won't leave a trace though. Moreover, they take huge amounts of money. There will be punishment for these hackers if found out. And I think they won't be negligent in doing the action. I think the exchange will not make compensation for its users, which is why don't store money on exchanges.

Very seldom that we will hear news regarding the whereabouts of thieves and if they ever get caught. And yes, most hackers know how to burn their tracks. So the bottomline, don't let your coins stay long in exchanges. It is better to store it in your own wallets.
jerry0

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:00:42 AM

Do you know if they caught the people who hacked binance?

The other thing i wonder is this.  What do hackers do with these coins?  The obviously have to launder it somehow right?  I mean if they sell the btc to an exchange and then lot of money withdraw to their bank account, obviously there is suspicion on what is going on.  But of course one could say i bought a lot of btc many years ago when it was little price.  But the issue here would be they check the wallet address right?

Also in the binance hack, were users btc affected or binance btc affected only? 
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:23:47 AM

well, I have seen a few cases in which hackers are brought to justice, but these are just a handfull of small cases... never seen any responsible for major hacks behind bars... and if we think about it, these major cases are probably done by top hackers... if these guys can hack nasa and fbi, why not a crypto exchange?
But I don't think we can generalize...

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
olamidey

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 08:48:53 AM

Exchange hackers brought to justice ? Maybe it's the newbie hacker. Most hackers are never caught and they get away with the stolen funds. Hackers are not dumb to live funds to CoinCasso where it can be stucked. Even if the exchange tracks the stolen funds, it can do anything except watch how the funds are being sold on the market.

ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:55:02 AM

Can those hackers who steal coins from online wallets be identified and arrested? Any news before that anybody were arrested?
You can, you have autorithy to report you case if you was hacked and you know who's havker is. But so far, I haven't found an information about it maybe some cases out there ever happened. The difficult way is how you can find the hacker itself? Because you need high skill to looing for or finding the identity of a hacker.
Seth2009

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 12:01:42 AM

Can those hackers who steal coins from online wallets be identified and arrested? Any news before that anybody were arrested?

Since all transactions on crypto was decentralized it is hard to find out who are those hackers and scammers.. That is only the disadvantage of blockchain... We cant detect those bad guys.. So better make your funds safe..

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:16:03 AM

Some good wallets such as :- Zebpay , coinbase etc requires you to submit some documents before you can actually Access the wallet.
Documents like :- Pan card , identity card , address proof etc
Now we all know that if someone made a transaction we can see the address it has been moved to publicly ; People who are able to correlate this address with a verified account may catch the hacker since he or she would leave trails in the blockchain.

Unfortunately then comes wallets like :- Bluewallet and such ; which does not require anything and at the same time the security is also zero. We cannot track those.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
bagalkot

Activity: 85
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:29:41 AM

In most of the Exchange Hacking, their is always some insider who helps the hacker to hack the exchange because without their help hackers wont be able to hack big exchanges. If you see previous exchange hacked records then you will find lot of exchange got hacked due to this reason only. In this cases it is very hard to catch the hacker as they are more smart and well prepared with outcome of problems after hacking.
scoftagel

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:31:42 AM

I don't know but I don't think so
akeegan

Activity: 236
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:03:21 AM

I believe they can be located through advanced blockchain forensics companies like ciphertrace
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:50:20 AM

Only those not organized hackers or newbies to crypto system will be out in bars because those most hacking that happens here in this space are well knowledgeable and know what they are doing so basically this is harder to be put in captivity

Though there are instances that hackers are out in jail but only few from the many and those many is still enjoying life freely and victimizing more until now
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:09:40 AM

I think. It is possible to calculate if there is any detection of the wallet base. For example, they are transferring the wallet from a wallet to any wallet. And who have any identities with those who are involved in this transition. Then it is possible to catch. But the biggest thing is that there is no policy of law.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 08:24:38 AM

Cryptocurrency is digital asset, which every one need to used a strong private key or password in any exchange, to enable the hacker not to penetrate in towards the exchange personal account, Therefore, it is very difficult to caught hacker if the damage has been done.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: