Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:20:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of Quark  (Read 3479 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:14:55 PM

Quark did do things in an unfair way, they set start blocks to have 2048 coins a block and blocks are already down to 1 coin a block. I'm guessing this is what people refer to when they say premine and explains what this chap means by mined out. They coded this coin to give them an very strong advantage early on and then made sure these coins become rare quick. This ruins it for many people, what do this to something different and unique. At least they have left an alternative hashing for others to pick up and use, this is their real contribution.

This is with every coin, the first 6 months with every coin give you a strong advantage. After a while things will get lot harder to even roi. They where mad they missed the opportunity which was there for 6 months. I didn't mine any Quarks i bought them and i don't whine. Afteral the majority won't mine Cryptos, it's too complicated with much maintenance for the average joe. You would be better to just buy it.
DigiWorld

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:27:02 PM

Quark did do things in an unfair way, they set start blocks to have 2048 coins a block and blocks are already down to 1 coin a block. I'm guessing this is what people refer to when they say premine and explains what this chap means by mined out. They coded this coin to give them an very strong advantage early on and then made sure these coins become rare quick. This ruins it for many people, what do this to something different and unique. At least they have left an alternative hashing for others to pick up and use, this is their real contribution.

It is with Dogecoin, ProtoShares, Infinitecoin,  Mintcoin also. Do you also consider those coins are unfair?
ouchmefoot

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:30:15 PM

Don't feed the troll and the thread will die.

PostCoin:PYrnF6rLzvERtS73rRc76fpP4QCKP2WJS4
coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:36:15 PM

Well as I mentioned before Qubitcoin is next Quark...dont miss the ride,you can still jump in.
AcceptWorldcoins

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 08:47:04 PM

The pre-mined quark is all mined out. living on borrowed time. let's inspect the facts.

http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-quarkcoin-addresses.html

32.22% held by 4 people.
77.86% held by around 300 people.
past 24 hrs less than 900 transaction. (probably ALL from exchanges and that group that owns 90% of quark network hash)

network hash rate a 750Mh/s  5.2% orphans.

you tell me that you cannot smell the end?

People, Quark will drop like a ROCK before you know it.
Invest in a coin that has a much longer life!

Noone knew about Quark in the first 6 months, therefore a small amount of people own most of the coin making it potentially VERY UNSTABLE no matter what anyone says.   
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:53:05 PM

That's the problem with most of these coins that have a short mining cycle the coins end up in too few hands.

Yes, that is actually a big problem............. however miners dumped their qrks for 30-100 sats for months... anyone could get some qrk in their hands if they chose too.

I guess it's like anything else in life you can buy or leave until it is too late... or else you can hear about it too late and then you have missed out.

Same goes for most things..... apple shares, anything that suddenly rises in value.

You will find though that even coins WITHOUT short mining cycles tend to end up in the hands of fewer people than you think.... if any coin starts to rise whales march in and buy or mine it all up.

If you want something given out equally maybe fair coin or coin2.... although again if you missed the give away it is gone now. However is still very cheap... can buy tons for a few LTC.

I like doge, qrk, ltc , cgb, dmd, basically i like a lot of alts.

QRK is totally misunderstood by most people, they hear the noobs crying how unfair it all was and spread this shit. QRK was just as fair as most other alts... 1 i mined tons on a few i5 home pcs, then sold tons at under 200 sats... then mined a load more. It was not that hard to mine for weeks on end.

So you could mine or buy for nothing for MONTHS... can't get much more fair than that.

Great to hear. The early dumps by miners led to a pretty wide distribution. Also, while many aren't fans of Bill Still here, you cannot deny the effect he has had on the coin. Ignoring the huge pump (investors trying to manipulate the market) after he endorsed the coin, he has put so many crypto-newbies into the Quark camp. A ton of his viewers have small (100-1000$) investments and they are the grassroots that crypto needs. I just wish they understood the coin better..and I wish Bill understood better.

Additionally, some people think that the coin was mined by very few, but if you look at the hash rate, there was a lot of mining power going into this coin at all times

Producer
DigiWorld

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

The pre-mined quark is all mined out. living on borrowed time. let's inspect the facts.

http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-quarkcoin-addresses.html

32.22% held by 4 people.
77.86% held by around 300 people.
past 24 hrs less than 900 transaction. (probably ALL from exchanges and that group that owns 90% of quark network hash)

network hash rate a 750Mh/s  5.2% orphans.

you tell me that you cannot smell the end?

People, Quark will drop like a ROCK before you know it.
Invest in a coin that has a much longer life!

Noone knew about Quark in the first 6 months, therefore a small amount of people own most of the coin making it potentially VERY UNSTABLE no matter what anyone says.  

You might not know quark in the first 6 months. But it doesn't mean anybody else didn't know.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:13:59 PM

Quark did do things in an unfair way,

It is with Dogecoin, ProtoShares, Infinitecoin,  Mintcoin also. Do you also consider those coins are unfair?

Those other coins did not do it to the degree that Quark did.  In fact Quark claimed this was an advantage, so I don't know why people try to bash people who point out the very front loaded block rewards for mining.  It's not premine, it's not instamine, but it was damn unattractive to later arrivals, good luck making it work!
rockstar888 (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:28:55 PM

it is poor decision making, that's what it is.

once a coin cannot be mined, the only way for the mass to have it, is trade it.
or giveaways.

Quark will be the first coin to die. and we will witness it soon as one day, one large wallet realize they need to cash or never get anything.

maybe that's tomorrow.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:36:06 PM

Quark can be mined forever.  1 million / year.  Not 1 year, not 5 years, not 20 years...forever. 

Most coins hit a hard cap and done.  Bitcoin will have long ago hit 21,000,000 and never a new bitcoin made...while Quark will still be mining along at 1million/year.

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:07:49 PM

at 1st i heard about Quark beiing premined but i made my self research and it wasn't people speaards FUD it is just
crying i think quark was fair.
Quark just started new era of coins fast distrybuted promotin early adopters buyers than later on...
In 6month none cares about quark price 200 then when it get attention all cry premine but i should be
i missed train f.u. scam coin. quark was fair.
Not fair action is like with NXT which ~73% of all coins never touched exchange here all was on exchange but noone cares.
No others spam quark clones...
Quark start new type distribution but i wasn't unfair, i don't own even one quark but i can't blame that coin for that it has different distribution.
Almost all coins hitted market... Coins were selling for nothing 200-50 sat then when price rised and it eat some market share for other alts like LTC flame started
just because Quark made those coins less profitable and miners are trying to defend their coins and spread FUD.
But when you investigate problem mostly all is just flame of jealous miners who missed train.

Quark like other coins is fighting to survive with other clone Cryptos market currently is flooded by trash.
Some of those coins are different it is hard to find that hidden gems like hmm DRK,ANC,BC,HUC,DTC,FATE...
Those Xbilion script coins are spawning around like zergs zerlings to eat BTC...(ah and those premines...)
But in reality 90% of new coins don't brings nothing new they just lead Quark and other crypto down.
Exchanges like cryptsy,mintpal,cryptorush with paid votes help even with those premine scams this is real problem of new alts coins.
At least on BTC usualy ane more unique coins on which is woth take some attention.

Quark won't die as many (script-miners wants) low price doesn't mean death people Cheesy...
This is market price once go up once go down.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:28:25 PM

at 1st i heard about Quark beiing premined but i made my self research and it wasn't people speaards FUD it is just
crying i think quark was fair.
Quark just started new era of coins fast distrybuted promotin early adopters buyers than later on...
In 6month none cares about quark price 200 then when it get attention all cry premine but i should be
i missed train f.u. scam coin. quark was fair.
Not fair action is like with NXT which ~73% of all coins never touched exchange here all was on exchange but noone cares.
No others spam quark clones...
Quark start new type distribution but i wasn't unfair, i don't own even one quark but i can't blame that coin for that it has different distribution.
Almost all coins hitted market... Coins were selling for nothing 200-50 sat then when price rised and it eat some market share for other alts like LTC flame started
just because Quark made those coins less profitable and miners are trying to defend their coins and spread FUD.
But when you investigate problem mostly all is just flame of jealous miners who missed train.

Quark like other coins is fighting to survive with other clone Cryptos market currently is flooded by trash.
Some of those coins are different it is hard to find that hidden gems like hmm DRK,ANC,BC,HUC,DTC,FATE...
Those Xbilion script coins are spawning around like zergs zerlings to eat BTC...(ah and those premines...)
But in reality 90% of new coins don't brings nothing new they just lead Quark and other crypto down.
Exchanges like cryptsy,mintpal,cryptorush with paid votes help even with those premine scams this is real problem of new alts coins.
At least on BTC usualy ane more unique coins on which is woth take some attention.

Quark won't die as many (script-miners wants) low price doesn't mean death people Cheesy...
This is market price once go up once go down.
Same thing happening with Qubitcoin,dont miss the train  this time. Smiley
DigiWorld

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:39:22 PM

Quark did do things in an unfair way,

Those other coins did not do it to the degree that Quark did.  In fact Quark claimed this was an advantage, so I don't know why people try to bash people who point out the very front loaded block rewards for mining.  It's not premine, it's not instamine, but it was damn unattractive to later arrivals, good luck making it work!

Let's compare Mintcoin to Quarkcoin.

Mintcoin:

- 30 seconds block target
 - 100000 - 900000 coins per block initially
 - PoW payout will be halved every week for the first 5 weeks
 - After 5 weeks, the PoW payout will be fixed at 1 coin per block

Quarkcoin:

* Quick block generation: 30 seconds
* 2048 QRK per block (halving every 60480 blocks ~ 3 weeks)
* Block reward will never drop below 1 QRK

Would you agree that the reward per block of Mintcoin decrease faster than that of Quarkcoin?

pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:58:19 PM

Part of me thinks the only one still mining quark right now is botnets, and they only do it because it's free. The hash rate is what, 800mh/s? From 3.5gh/s at a peak?

Quark hits blocks at 30 second intervals, right? Reward is currently 1 coin, and there is hardly any transaction volume. So, the miners, all miners, must fight for 2880 quark coins in a 24 hour period. That is $112 dollars a day, right now, for the entire network. Who mines that? There's hardly any transaction fees to collect, either, if there even were fees. Numbers do not lie...

http://bitinfocharts.com/quarkcoin/

So why is the network going to stay, other than speculation using free hardware and electricity? Those guys have no loyalty. If doge can steal so much of litecoin's hash rate so quickly, you'd be insane to think it couldn't happen again. Your coins aren't worth squat if you can't move them. Who is going to step up and fill the gap when/if it really starts to look bad? Why would they, when they could just sell out and walk away? What other person not holding quark would front the cash for hardware? What would there reward be? Are you going to buy mining hardware, and run it for free, just to attempt to reverse an ever sinking exchange rate?

I don't think the coin is broke, but the reward model is. Next closest thing to premine, leaving absolutely nothing for people in the future to work for. At some point, you will likely be vulnerable enough to be trolled by tiny botnets and server rentals, just for the fun of it.

So, besides the "your mother" and "lol miss the train" replies, does anyone see a flaw in my logic?

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
DigiWorld

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:25:12 AM

Part of me thinks the only one still mining quark right now is botnets, and they only do it because it's free. The hash rate is what, 800mh/s? From 3.5gh/s at a peak?

Quark hits blocks at 30 second intervals, right? Reward is currently 1 coin, and there is hardly any transaction volume. So, the miners, all miners, must fight for 2880 quark coins in a 24 hour period. That is $112 dollars a day, right now, for the entire network. Who mines that? There's hardly any transaction fees to collect, either, if there even were fees. Numbers do not lie...

http://bitinfocharts.com/quarkcoin/

So why is the network going to stay, other than speculation using free hardware and electricity? Those guys have no loyalty. If doge can steal so much of litecoin's hash rate so quickly, you'd be insane to think it couldn't happen again. Your coins aren't worth squat if you can't move them. Who is going to step up and fill the gap when/if it really starts to look bad? Why would they, when they could just sell out and walk away? What other person not holding quark would front the cash for hardware? What would there reward be? Are you going to buy mining hardware, and run it for free, just to attempt to reverse an ever sinking exchange rate?

I don't think the coin is broke, but the reward model is. Next closest thing to premine, leaving absolutely nothing for people in the future to work for. At some point, you will likely be vulnerable enough to be trolled by tiny botnets and server rentals, just for the fun of it.

So, besides the "your mother" and "lol miss the train" replies, does anyone see a flaw in my logic?

I would say it is the quark community which supports the network instead of botnet.
pontiacg5

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:23:50 AM

All I know is, if I had quark I'd be mining still. But, from my rather quick understanding, a 290 will get ~1.6MH/s mining quark. So, that's the equivalent of 500 r9 290's controlling the entire network. I'd bet there are farms out there with 250 or more r9 290's in one building!

But who pays ~$450 (500 r9290x250W/1K*.15/hr*24) to earn $112 bucks? How can you take a coin serious, if you can bring it to it's knees with $225,000 of hardware? (290@$450) Especially when that hardware is already out there at a much larger scale?

If anything, quark is highly overvalued considering the strength behind it. You say they support it, but I don't really see it.

Does anyone here mine quark? Mind showing off your equipment?

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:33:51 AM

All I know is, if I had quark I'd be mining still. But, from my rather quick understanding, a 290 will get ~1.6MH/s mining quark. So, that's the equivalent of 500 r9 290's controlling the entire network. I'd bet there are farms out there with 250 or more r9 290's in one building!

But who pays ~$450 (500 r9290x250W/1K*.15/hr*24) to earn $112 bucks? How can you take a coin serious, if you can bring it to it's knees with $225,000 of hardware? (290@$450) Especially when that hardware is already out there at a much larger scale?

If anything, quark is highly overvalued considering the strength behind it. You say they support it, but I don't really see it.

Quark's network is an issue - there is no denying it at this stage. However, this is in the process of being dealt with. The Quark Foundation has already completed a fundraiser to obtain money to start a Foundation mining pool (http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/projects/). This is planned to be coupled with an auto mining wallet tied to the Foundation Pool, which uses 5-10% of the cpu's processing power of the host computer to mine while the wallet is open. As Quark's adoption improves, there will be a higher average number of open wallets, leading to a higher hash rate. The Quark community is actively looking to remedy the issues - we are still only 7 months or so since it's inception.
Vic
pontiacg5

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:47:32 AM

Quark's network is an issue - there is no denying it at this stage. However, this is in the process of being dealt with. The Quark Foundation has already completed a fundraiser to obtain money to start a Foundation mining pool (http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/projects/). This is planned to be coupled with an auto mining wallet tied to the Foundation Pool, which uses 5-10% of the cpu's processing power of the host computer to mine while the wallet is open. As Quark's adoption improves, there will be a higher average number of open wallets, leading to a higher hash rate. The Quark community is actively looking to remedy the issues - we are still only 7 months or so since it's inception.
Vic

Interesting, I did not know about that.

But, if it is a mining pool wouldn't it make more sense to have each wallet running as a full node? You are going to end up with a huge centralized pool that way, right? It's not like there's much to be made mining anyway.

I still don't agree with the reward structure. Makes no sense to have no reward 7 months in  Smiley

DigiWorld

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:56:28 AM

funny no one questioned about the low network hash, low transaction, and over concentration with no action.

that's when you know the facts are true and death is near.

here's a clue

low hash = most coins are mined now....  too bad you missed it, you had months to mine you were too late.  Notice mint and black were mined out in days.... quark gave you months.

low transaction = most people holding their coins = not selling that's why the market price means NOTHING... when whales decide to empty 50 M or 100M on the market then worry... not over a few 100k that are getting cycled around.

over concentration = that is your gene pool ... qrks concentration is no more than the other top coins.

Another thing people miss out on considering is ..........to the mainstream public, they could not give 1 shit if a noob wave of miners didn't make it in time to mine qrk. The crypto community is fucking micro sized, the distribution within that speck means nothing to mainstream services or uptake.

However AGAIN qrk is no more concentrated than many others of the top alts and btc so again you look retarded pointing out this fact over and over again.

So forget your crying....i'll give you 1 qrk for your empty wallet if you promise cry else where.

Provide some facts that don't apply to many other top alts and stop crying how good megacoin is and how you believe qrk to be.

The fact you can not work these things out for yourself displays just how moronic you are.

Qrk does need to address low hash in the future and perhaps intro POS. This is working out fine for others so i guess they will when they think the time is correct.

I think PoS is very good idea to secure the network for qrk.
Zhoa8

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:59:06 AM

Vic

Exactly, only 7 months... Was this not predicted?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: