Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:37:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many accounts has Atlas made and why isn't he banned yet?  (Read 7045 times)
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:48:00 PM

Haha. All I did was change the DNS. I did not transfer ownership. It is mine, Matthew. You have no claim.

Let them come on here. I fear nothing. I am in the right here. Any claims of ownership on their part will be falsehoods.

I think you're in control of the domain but you made up a lie to try to discourage Matthew.  Otherwise you'd contact the registrar to regain control of the domain lest SOMEONE ELSE LEECH VALUE FROM YOUR PROPERTY.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALPHA.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:48:34 PM

The right thing is ignoring you. It is still my domain. It's just my acquaintance (or somebody else) changed the password on the hosting account. You have no claim to it. If anybody does, I do. Nonetheless, I will let it expire and you can have it then.

You really wanna go that direction? Excuse me while I go tell everyone who saw you give it to them in Skype while saying (paraphrased) "Still looking for a domain? You can have mine!" and then ran to go change the DNS (we trusted you at the time and didn't push the transfer issue), followed by the phrase (again, paraphrased) "I really love what you've done [to it]!".

Now you've got a very short amount of time before everyone comes here swearing you gave it away and promised it to the group, all pasting logs as well.

You still want to go this direction and get banned?
Haha. All I did was change the DNS. I did not transfer ownership. It is mine, Matthew. You have no claim.

Let them come on here. I fear nothing. I am in the right here. Any claims of ownership on their part will be falsehoods.

Yeah, yeah. We'll let theymos and the community decide what "Hey guys, I really believe in you, please take my domain, it is best used by you guys" means.

By all means, Matthew. The fact is it was never fully transferred to you. You can take me tinkering with my domain's settings as however you wish but that does not establish a property right.
Jalum

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:50:53 PM

By all means, Matthew. The fact is it was never fully transferred to you. You can take me tinkering with my domain's settings as however you wish but that does not establish a property right.

Come on man, just be honest.  You gave him the domain and now you want to take it back because you're having an internet slap fight.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:51:13 PM

Come on man, just be honest.  You gave him the domain and now you want to take it back because you're having an internet slap fight.
No, that is not the truth.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:57:16 PM

Again, Matthew is committing an act of libel and fraud by claiming I owe him or have stolen anything. Discretion is advised when interacting with this man and his circle of acquaintances.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:00:50 PM

Come on man, just be honest.  You gave him the domain and now you want to take it back because you're having an internet slap fight.

It has nothing to do with the internet slap fight. It was never popular when he ran it, now it is with my content. This "lost password" crap is nonsense. He must think we were all born yesterday.

By his own admission,he doesn't mind me having it, it's just that he "doesn't have access anymore", but then he says it's not mine. He's a total liar.

False and irrelevant. The only relevant fact here is that the domain was never yours.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:02:43 PM

Again, Matthew is committing an act of libel and fraud by claiming I owe him or have stolen anything. Discretion is advised when interacting with this man and his circle of acquaintances.

Considering that you did allow him to use the domain and from all appearances have a sort.of verbal contract giving him control of it his, request for a transfer.does not sound unreasonable, continuing this mud slinging competition will not turn out will for either of you and I would advise that the two of you seek arbitration on the issue, and that you as a minor have a legal guardian aware of it.
As he is using the domain currently and you are content to simply let it expire I do not see why it is so valuable to you.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:04:59 PM

Considering that you did allow him to use the domain and from all appearances have a sort.of verbal contract giving him control of it his, request for a transfer.does not sound unreasonable, continuing this mud slinging competition will not turn out will for either of you and I would advise that the two of you seek arbitration on the issue, and that you as a minor have a legal guardian aware of it.
As he is using the domain currently and you are content to simply let it expire I do not see why it is so valuable to you.

What I do with it is irrelevant. The fact I direct the domain to his server's IP is irrelevant. The relevant fact is the domain is rightfully mine and I never transferred to it him. I do not need to seek arbitration. I am innocent. I care not what this man feels and thinks about my property. He has no say and no claim on it. I am the judge here and the domain is my court.

The ruling: I am innocent.
Jalum

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:10:05 PM

What I do with it is irrelevant. The fact I direct the domain to his server's IP is irrelevant. The relevant fact is the domain is rightfully mine and I never transferred to it him. I do not need to seek arbitration. I am innocent. I care not what this man feels and thinks about my property. He has no say and no claim on it. I am the judge here and the domain is my court.

Actually if someone else put effort into something and improved it, they have more right to it than you do.  You didn't pay him for his efforts, right?  Because tort law is all about making parties whole.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:12:22 PM

Actually if someone else put effort into something and improved it, they have more right to it than you do.  You didn't pay him for his efforts, right?  Because tort law is all about making parties whole.
Where? What did he improve?

The domain stands on its own. It's just a label that points to a set of numbers. Matthew has given me no such "improvements". He has given me nothing. What he has done is on his own property and remains entirely his own.

All I have is a license with ICANN that gives me a right to the label bittalk.tv that can redirect to whatever IP I wish it to.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:18:06 PM

Actually if someone else put effort into something and improved it, they have more right to it than you do.  You didn't pay him for his efforts, right?  Because tort law is all about making parties whole.

It's not even that complicated. He gave it to us as a group several months ago, and there are a dozen witnesses of it. He's just a liar and a thief.

Do you see how keeps changing what he's saying?

First it was he didn't have access, and that I would need to 'jump through some hoops' to get it.

Now 'it was never mine' in the first place.

I'm sorry Atlas, but only in your delusional world would giving someone something and then taking it back because you change your mind, alright by any measure.

You're a thief and a coward, and although I had given you the benefit of the doubt and only 'mildly' trolled you for your obvious ridiculous lack of grasp of the English language, now you're flat out stealing, and then lying about it.

Any claims of me aggressing against another person or his property in this paragraph are false and have no backing. I've given this man nothing and he has given me nothing. Nothing is owed. Any claims made by this man towards my property are false.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:34:53 PM

Ok, I gotta know...

Atlas: Why so many user names?

Matthew: Are you doing this out of self interest, for Atlas' own good, or just for the lulz? First you were a psychology cop worried about a minor, now you're looking out for your group, and you've been making jokes the whole time. You keep saying you will call his parents, apparently an empty threat?
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:36:48 PM

Ok, I gotta know...

So my statements and arguments are treated as they are. My person has been libeled against and I want to unremorsefully evade the falsehoods that pervade this forum.
deslok

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:40:54 PM

Ok, I gotta know...

So my statements and arguments are treated as they are. My person has been libeled against and I want to unremorsefully evade the falsehoods that pervade this forum.

Taking a solid, well reasoned stance with a single user name will gain you more respect than starting a new one every time a flat in you're logic or in your statements is found.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:41:58 PM

Ok, I gotta know...

Taking a solid, well reasoned stance with a single user name will gain you more respect than starting a new one every time a flat in you're logic or in your statements is found.
Flats in my logic and statements are extremely rare. Moot point. Anyways, I have the right to alter my appearance as I wish. I'll proudly stand by it.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:49:18 PM

Question:  How are you able to check the IP addresses of other users without being a moderator/admin of the forum?
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:51:13 PM

Ok, I gotta know...

Matthew: Are you doing this out of self interest, for Atlas' own good, or just for the lulz? First you were a psychology cop worried about a minor, now you're looking out for your group, and you've been making jokes the whole time. You keep saying you will call his parents, apparently an empty threat?

Trolling for the lulz has been the reasoning this whole time (Atlas is quite easy to troll because he's so obnoxiously self absorbed) but this has nothing to do with me this time. There are 5 people financially invested into the workings of that domain, who all have proof he gave it to them, and now he's bold faced lying because he knows it's valuable. He is a self important twisty snake.

I'd like to say "If you don't give that domain to me right now I'll blah blah blah", but frankly, I won't be the person doing anything. There are way more pissed people than me at this point. You really don't know what you're getting into Atlas.
Bring it on, Matthew. I am right. You're wrong. You could have Bill Clinton and his voluptuous groupies stand by your case and it would make little difference. The domain is mine and you can have it once it expires. It's very simple.
deslok

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:52:37 PM

Why not simply offer to sell him the domain for a reasonable price instead of continuing to stamp your feet?

ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:54:15 PM

Why not simply offer to sell him the domain for a reasonable price instead of continuing to stamp your feet?
Because calling up the hosting company and sending them copies of identification is not worth $20 of Matthew's filthy money.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:56:27 PM

Ok, I gotta know...

So why do you associate your identities with one another? Unless you actually make an effort to remain pseudonymous, Matthew will just keep adding your user names to this list. Anyone with any significant reputation will have SOME criticism, you just have to trust people to weigh the evidence themselves.

Trolling for the lulz has been the reasoning this whole time (Atlas is quite easy to troll because he's so obnoxiously self absorbed) but this has nothing to do with me this time. There are 5 people financially invested into the workings of that domain, who all have proof he gave it to them, and now he's bold faced lying because he knows it's valuable. He is a self important twisty snake.

I'd like to say "If you don't give that domain to me right now I'll blah blah blah", but frankly, I won't be the person doing anything. There are way more pissed people than me at this point. You really don't know what you're getting into Atlas.

You heard it here mods, he's a troll.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: