Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:48:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many accounts has Atlas made and why isn't he banned yet?  (Read 7045 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:00:05 PM

Question:  How are you able to check the IP addresses of other users without being a moderator/admin of the forum?

I already explained that in the thread about theymos trying to take away signature images.
Got it - thanks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALPHA.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:37:25 PM

No, this is like me never giving you an iPad.

Affidavit of Truth:

I never gave him the domain. What I do with the domain is irrelevant. The fact I direct the domain to his server's IP is irrelevant. The relevant fact is the domain is rightfully mine and I never transferred it to him. I do not need to seek arbitration. I am innocent. I care not what this man feels and thinks about my property. He has no say and no claim on it. I am the judge here and the domain is my court.

The ruling: I am innocent.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:46:12 PM

When or rather if Atlas should ever leave the nursing care of his parents and move out they should make a Reality TV show about his attempts at life on his own.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:04:03 PM

Affidavit of Truth:

I never gave him the domain. What I do with the domain is irrelevant. The fact I direct the domain to his server's IP is irrelevant. The relevant fact is the domain is rightfully mine and I never transferred it to him. I do not need to seek arbitration. I am innocent. I care not what this man feels and thinks about my property. He has no say and no claim on it. I am the judge here and the domain is my court.

I disagree.  If you say you will give it to him, then do not, then you are no better than any of the other scammers who frequent these forums.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:07:30 PM

I disagree.  If you say you will give it to him, then do not, then you are no better than any of the other scammers who frequent these forums.

He has a history of backing out of agreements/bets once they no longer benefit him. 

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:13:42 PM

Affidavit of Truth:

I never said I would transfer it to him. Moot point.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:14:42 PM

He has a history of backing out of agreements/bets once they no longer benefit him. 
False.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:24:01 PM

Affidavit of Truth:

So you're saying the following is a lie?

You really wanna go that direction? Excuse me while I go tell everyone who saw you give it to them in Skype while saying (paraphrased) "Still looking for a domain? You can have mine!" and then ran to go change the DNS (we trusted you at the time and didn't push the transfer issue), followed by the phrase (again, paraphrased) "I really love what you've done [to it]!".
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:27:02 PM

Affidavit of Truth:

You really wanna go that direction? Excuse me while I go tell everyone who saw you give it to them in Skype while saying (paraphrased) "Still looking for a domain? You can have mine!" and then ran to go change the DNS (we trusted you at the time and didn't push the transfer issue), followed by the phrase (again, paraphrased) "I really love what you've done [to it]!".

It's paraphrased. All I can attest to is that I took my domain and pointed it towards his server and confirmed I did so. Nothing more and nothing less.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:30:23 PM

Also, I am neither mrich8 nor Ragnar in the list above. Whether they truly resolve to my location or not, I don't know; however, they are not me.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:39:10 PM

Affidavit of Truth:

It's paraphrased. All I can attest to is that I took my domain and pointed it towards his server and confirmed I did so. Nothing more and nothing less.
By pointing the domain to his server and telling him to use it, you implied that he would be able to use this domain for as long as you had it.  The reason that this implication can be made is because a domain is not something that a person can easily change without confusing their visitors.  In other words, a domain that may not be yours to use at any point in the future is worse than worthless.  And giving away something worse than worthless, while leading the other person to believe it holds value, is something only a scumbag would do.

Because you pointed your domain to his server, he built his intellectual property around it.

Because you have now redirected the domain to a different server, he has to recreate much of his intellectual property and brand name/image.

That makes you a scumbag.  You may have followed the letter of the law, but you sure as heck aren't following the spirit of it.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:41:13 PM

Affidavit of Truth:

I disagree.  If you say you will give it to him, then do not, then you are no better than any of the other scammers who frequent these forums.

By pointing the domain to his server and telling him to use it, you implied that he would be able to use this domain for as long as you had it.  The reason that this implication can be made is because a domain is not something that a person can easily change without confusing their visitors.  In other words, a domain that may not be yours to use at any point in the future is worse than worthless.  And giving away something worse than worthless, while leading the other person to believe it holds value, is something only a scumbag would do.

Because you pointed your domain to his server, he built his intellectual property around it.

Because you have now redirected the domain to a different server, he has to recreate much of his intellectual property and brand name/image.

That makes you a scumbag.  You may have followed the letter of the law, but you sure as heck aren't following the spirit of it.
I don't recognize such implications.

In any case, the man should of recognized the value I was providing to him before he gave me reason to terminate our relationship.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:44:38 PM

If you don't recognize those sorts of implications, that makes you a scumbag.

What sort of reasons did he give you to terminate the relationship?
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:45:17 PM

IMHO I used to like this Atlas guy and his call for more PR and action to raise the price of BTC BUT he is way too childish and giving a wrong impression of our community to possible outside readers. Stop it please, you are degenerating our discussions.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:46:52 PM

He condoned and encouraged disrespect of my person and what I had provided within his group. Their belief was I provided no value when that is clearly not the case; I own and direct a valuable domain to their server.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:51:04 PM

Affidavit of Truth:

Important to note: he hasn't redirected it to a different site-- yet. To quote him "that's besides the point". The real point is that he claims even he is no longer in control of something he already gave to a group of witnesses. So then the logical conclusion would be to connect that group to the person in control and let them fight it out, no?

There is no doubt in anyone's mind that he gave the domain to us. Who in their right mind would put any work into a website, call it their own etc (on camera even), if it wasn't? The domain was abandoned by him and he saw a use for it. At the time, he was doing what he believed was a good thing for the group. It's just that the group doesn't do anything good for him personally now that he's stormed out all butthurt because we pointed out the flaws in his "woolong device", so this is his one and only avenue of revenge.

It's just pathetic is what it is. He knows the domain is not mine or his-- it's the groups. He also knows what he said, and we have logs, but due to the way skype logs chats I have to wait until someone else wakes up to pull it as I reformatted this PC a while back.

Rebranding won't be impossible, but this is not even about the domain anymore. I've already been advised by the group to just use the domain to forward to a new rebranded one at his expense. It's the only thing that makes any sense now. The real issue here is that he's a scammy fuck and still ignored by the mods and allowed to continue on like this.

When is it going to be okay for baby to get reprimanded for his bad behavior?

I gave the domain to you? So, there's no problem then? It's no longer in my possession in your view, so it's all good?

I'm glad this is settled.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:55:12 PM

He condoned and encouraged disrespect of my person and what I had provided within his group. Their belief was I provided no value when that is clearly not the case.

You're an idiot. I got you-- a 17 year old-- an actual position at an upcoming university to basically stretch your wings and do whatever you want. I also intended to let you use any resources we had and I was writing the backend for your credit card idea, dimwit.

This had nothing to do about 'value', this was about your self obsessed arrogant nature and inability to accept criticism without looking too deeply into things. The "woolong device" will never work for a million reasons. Deal with it. When you want to pitch these unrealistic ideas to a bunch of older profit making, experienced, businessmen and programmers with the tagline "I don't care about money-- this is about not being evil", you can't be taken 100% seriously.

You're so young in the head, and that's why I tried taking you under my wing. You're just scamming me now because I didn't agree with you all the way and give you the rights to my soul, my house and my girlfriend to orgasm in admiration to you.

It's always about value. One doesn't go into an arrangement to receive less than what he had before. Life isn't a zero-sum game.

I never sacrifice.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:57:52 PM

If it's about value just sell him the domain that's both an adult and business wise way to handle this as opposed to an electronic pissing contest.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:59:11 PM

If it's about value just sell him the domain that's both an adult and business wise way to handle this as opposed to an electronic pissing contest.
Getting the password reset on the domain account and transferring it to him is not worth the value he could give me. It would be a sacrifice. Again, I never sacrifice.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:01:37 PM

Getting the password reset on the domain account and transferring it to him is not worth the value he could give me. It would be a sacrifice. Again, I never sacrifice.

The value I could give you? I think you just let your true intentions slip.
To keep my property? Honestly, don't flatter yourself, Matthew.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: