Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:24:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Android wallets to store Bitcoin and do transactions  (Read 298 times)
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 04:42:56 PM

I wanted to investigate this topic because unlike before today there are many Android and IOS mobile application wallets such as, Breadwallet, Airbitz, Samourai Wallet and many more that allows to do crypto transactions claiming usability and effectiveness but when it comes to Bitcoin the main concern should be the safety than any other because its value and demand so,

1. What is the safest and usable Android Wallet do you suggest to store Bitcoin and to do transactions ?
2. Why do you think it is reliable  ?

For storing ETH and other erc-20 tokens you can use official apps from MEW
Available for android and IOS, you can scan the barcode on your screen on PC to do transaction
Very easy to use and safe
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 621

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:23:27 PM

For wallets I'm good and no issues with coinomi. I also have used blue wallet(lightning network wallet) for smaller transactions and I just liked it as if I'm contributing to its adoption.

But I dont suggest to keep large amount on coinomi, if you want to keep big amount then go with electrum or keep it on a hardware wallet such as ledger.

I use Coinomi especially for shitcoins and I'm very happy with it. No way am I going to bother running a proper wallet for anything I've got in there.

For the stuff that counts there are no shortage of other and better options.
I have few mbtcs sitting there and altcoins too.

Do not seek adventure in vain. All wallet applications may have some risks. Use paper wallet or hardware wallets. It is secure and relaible way to keepin Bitcoin.
OP would love to do transactions so I don't think that paper wallets will suit his need but hardware wallets will do with any of these:
- Ledger nano S
- Trezor
- Keepkey

While checking https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/hardware/ there's a 2 new addition:
- bitbox
- cold card

Anyone that has used these hardware wallets?

funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 08:00:21 PM

I wanted to investigate this topic because unlike before today there are many Android and IOS mobile application wallets such as, Breadwallet, Airbitz, Samourai Wallet and many more that allows to do crypto transactions claiming usability and effectiveness but when it comes to Bitcoin the main concern should be the safety than any other because its value and demand so,

1. What is the safest and usable Android Wallet do you suggest to store Bitcoin and to do transactions ?
2. Why do you think it is reliable  ?

Someone doesn't like popular things. But I prefer Blockchain wallet for my Android phone. It seems good, secure and simple. And I think that we can find customer care if need quickly. Some other wallets can't provide that.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 11:41:20 PM

I have 2 smartphones with me all the time. On my primary phone I have coins.ph wallet, thats what I use to exchange my Bitcoins to fiat and I also have Blockchain wallet installed since that's where my funds are stored but not all of them are there. Most are stored on another wallet that I don't bring with me. On my other smartphone I have trust wallet where I store not only some Bitcoins but also my alts.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: