Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:16:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia is gone?  (Read 10799 times)
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:54:06 PM

I think they will fix all the problems and will be back live! I have some funds there and I can see them. That's mean our funds are stuck there! I asked through email that can we withdraw our funds or they are just numbers! I got no answer! Personally, I did not like Cryptopia exchange for many reasons, but still, I have some funds there! It's mean we need trusted exchange, like or dislike doesn't matter here! I hope Cryptopia will be back very soon like the Binance!

jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 11:04:20 PM

As of now, they are freezing all funds on their wallet that's why deposit and withdraw is unable to do. I don't think if this exchange will recover their loss since people now are afraid of them to store money. Just like they are not trustworthy exchange that you need to be careful into them. However, for me, there's a lot of reputed exchange out there rather than cryptopia.

Psynthax

Activity: 2338
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 11:12:10 PM

As of now, they are freezing all funds on their wallet that's why deposit and withdraw is unable to do. I don't think if this exchange will recover their loss since people now are afraid of them to store money. Just like they are not trustworthy exchange that you need to be careful into them. However, for me, there's a lot of reputed exchange out there rather than cryptopia.
A shitty exchange site will turn into the scam exchange site then. I won't put a lot of hopes. I still have some amount that left on the cryptopia and i just consider my amount has gone. Why doesn't this crappy exchange site make its withdrawal available for at least a week to give a chance for the token holders that still have an amount in there to withdraw their money?
Cryptopia is a crap one same as any other crappy exchange site especially yobit

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 11:57:56 PM

In my opinion, Cryptopia will let the customers and investors withdraw their holdings from the exchange. If they are bankrupt and fille the bankruptcy declaration then we need to act as quick as possible. Investors will not let their money to get seized by some group of criminals.
entebah

Activity: 1564
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 01:48:59 AM

In my opinion, Cryptopia will let the customers and investors withdraw their holdings from the exchange. If they are bankrupt and fille the bankruptcy declaration then we need to act as quick as possible. Investors will not let their money to get seized by some group of criminals.
Yes, I think so too, that Cryptopia has been financially bankrupt, so their exchange market has been stopped for reasons of re-investigation, but I think that is the step of Cryptopia to retreat slowly.

honolulu888

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 05:13:39 AM

Its really bad . Its been for several month and cryptopia can not recover the loses thebn call a liquidator. A lot of crypto trader and investor will lost their money because cryptopia security breach scandal
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 05:21:52 AM

It seems so. I hope we are going to be able to withdraw our funds. Hopefully i didn't have a lot of coins there. That's a very sad news.
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 06:32:45 AM

I was very sad to hear the news about cryptopia because I past used to trade there a lot and now went to experience bankrupt. actually it is an example for other exchanges to have strong security from hackers. now I see many new exchanges and hopefully not having the same fate as cryptopia. Roll Eyes

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 06:40:06 AM

I just read it and WTH. They won't allow users to withdraw their altcoins which haven't been hacked? How can they just shut down. I have funds worth 0.03 BTC or even more on the exchange.
The Press release on their website says this:

"The liquidators are also working with independent experts and the relevant authorities with regards to the company’s obligations."

By "company's obligations" they probably meant paying off whatever amount in crypto a customer had on the exchange before shutting down (as well as settle the outstanding claims made by creditors, employees, shareholders, etc). The whole process could take months, even more, so you might want to sit tight and wait for a long time for the whole thing to resolve to see if you can get your coins back.

They can't just shut down as the balance many users had in their accounts were not hacked and forget about paying the hacked funds to customers, they did not even give us our own money. Unlike Binance that paid users even though they got hacked and that too in a week.

Ridho_ost

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 08:04:59 AM

I just read it and WTH. They won't allow users to withdraw their altcoins which haven't been hacked? How can they just shut down. I have funds worth 0.03 BTC or even more on the exchange.

"The liquidators are also working with independent experts and the relevant authorities with regards to the company’s obligations."

By "company's obligations" they probably meant paying off whatever amount in crypto a customer had on the exchange before shutting down (as well as settle the outstanding claims made by creditors, employees, shareholders, etc). The whole process could take months, even more, so you might want to sit tight and wait for a long time for the whole thing to resolve to see if you can get your coins back.

They can't just shut down as the balance many users had in their accounts were not hacked and forget about paying the hacked funds to customers, they did not even give us our own money. Unlike Binance that paid users even though they got hacked and that too in a week.
I saw news of David Ruscoe and Russell Moore, stating that it would take months, not weeks.  Clients of trading will be reached in two or three days, as indicated by Ruscoe.

in my opinion they are not disappearing. only in repairs that take a long time
sanida

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 09:10:57 AM

That was a big loss, I have traded some coins on crytopia before and they have a little amount of transaction fee compare to other exchanges and they have a friendly user website too. That was last year when I sold my Airdrops coins there. I wasn't expected it to happen that it will be gone this year that's really a bad news.

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 09:42:52 AM

I think we'll get a chance to withdraw coins. It's not a scam exchange. But as others have said this is likely to take quite some time for them to resolve everything and open up withdrawals again. Just another reminder not to keep large volumes of coins on any exchanges.

Sasha Grey

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 10:06:43 AM

Cryptopia is gone?

I don't get what they mean
They liquidated so they are saying that
the exchange shut down
I cannot withdraw anything from their wallet anymore?

Of course it's sad, I still have a few tokens and coins there, and now they close their service, I hope they will be normal again soon, and of course this makes the crypto reputation bad.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 10:29:55 AM

It wouldn't be fair if they just close without giving their users the time to withdraw their funds. From everything I've seen, thats how it works.
They'd tried to revive the exchange, to see them coming back after the hack is something positive. Its still got some way to go of course but without a fighting chance, they may close. I'm not sure what they exactly mean on their announcement but my understanding is that the Liquidator Grant Thornton will act on their behalf probably they will continue its operation.

They chose not to open the withdrawal process maybe because a lot of user accounts were affected by the hack and so it is possible that your account may have zero -- nothing remained in there. Unlike Binance, Crytopia did not establish a fund that can mitigate any successful hack and that is why this exchange is officially dead. Let's hope that the receiver can equitably distribute what belongs to its users. Crytopia was short of a vision and anticipation while they are aware that they are in an industry that is in danger everyday as hackers are evolving to be sophisticated and innovative in their jobs.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 11:06:23 AM

Yes, they can. Any company that files for liquidation will immediately cease any type of activity in order for assets to remain freezed before the liquidation process begins.

And unlike Binance, Cryptopia didn't have a SAFU which, according to Binance, are funds that will be used for any type of emergencies suchs as the exchange getting hacked and/or users cryptos stolen.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1403

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 11:24:45 AM

Due to lack of interest in the security aspect of the Cryptopia platform, This platform has already died after this hacking in January, Which had a severe loss of 15 million dollars, I think Cryptopia if it want to satisfy its customers after they lost confidence in its platform, they have to open the withdraw for all Cryptopia platform customers, after they have finished closing the gaps of the platform, They work slowly and i think it will require months and not weeks, I hope the New Zealand police will be able to find the hackers group that caused these huge losses to the platform and made the users of the platform in utmost concern because of losing their money.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 12:42:15 PM

In reality, it is as if he had never opened; they tried but they lost the trust of the users who tried to withdraw in bulk and in doing so the administrators were "forced" to officially close and declare bankruptcies, probably too many withdrawal requests.

This unpleasant episode for some we hope will serve as a lesson for many other new users:

IF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS, YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR COINS!
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 12:54:42 PM

I liked this exchange and I kept some amount in different coins on the balance in my account at the time of the breaking of the exchange. When they resumed access to their accounts, I thought that they would soon open the opportunity to deposit and withdraw coins, so I don’t understand why they gave up and decided to close completely. There were also many options to stay in the work.
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 01:12:27 PM

Damn
from what i read, they need few months to discuss whats the next move

Hope they will return partial of my coins
Although its not that much, but still precious
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 01:51:56 PM

I am no longer interested in talking about this exchanger, I have experienced an adverse event on this exchanger, therefore I no longer follow the development of this exchanger, let this exchanger go quietly.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: