Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:14:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin sCrypt = the next big thing.  (Read 7002 times)
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:13:48 PM

Tell me how it's better than say ... catcoin ?

What makes Bitcoin or Litecoin better than CatCoin?

Well bitcoin is the original so no comments there, let's assume bitcoin scrypt is better than ltc because there are more ltc total. But catcoin has 21m total, scrypt. Why is bitcoin scrypt better? Is it faster, more secure, energy saving, 51% resistant, multipool resistant or is it just litecoin with a smaller market cap and has bitcoin in the name ?

Having Bitcoin in the name does help a lot, got to admit.

So that's the only plus .. well damn point me to a pool I want to waste my 10 mh on it because I like the name.

nope
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:15:36 PM

Well bitcoin is the original so no comments there, let's assume bitcoin scrypt is better than ltc because there are more ltc total. But catcoin has 21m total, scrypt. Why is bitcoin scrypt better? Is it faster, more secure, energy saving, 51% resistant, multipool resistant or is it just litecoin with a smaller market cap and has bitcoin in the name ?

So that's the only plus .. well damn point me to a pool I want to waste my 10 mh on it because I like the name.

http://btc2.cryptominer.net
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:26:50 PM

There are so many altcoins it is hard to understand which one has potential; I invested in 13 of them, let's see if I can make a profit; to make a profit I need the altcoins to outperform bitcoin!

You can tell from my post "I will buy 10 altcoins" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511246.0

yaboymarvo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:34:35 PM

IMO thats a negative not a positive. There is going to be confusion with two diffrent bitcoins with and two diffrent blockchains. Honestly this whole alt coin thing has gotten out of hand,every week 5 new coins come out that are going to be the next big thing but only offer a name and diffrent total amounts. Do people really think places like overstock are going to accept flappycoin or kittehcoin? Even dogecoin has its limits.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:38:41 PM

IMO thats a negative not a positive. There is going to be confusion with two diffrent bitcoins with and two diffrent blockchains. Honestly this whole alt coin thing has gotten out of hand,every week 5 new coins come out that are going to be the next big thing but only offer a name and diffrent total amounts. Do people really think places like overstock are going to accept flappycoin or kittehcoin? Even dogecoin has its limits.

Bitcoin sCrypt is not one of the new "coin shitstorm" that hit us recently, it has been around for 6 months now.

And there can be only one real Bitcoin sCrypt.

foodies123

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:43:56 PM

there's a coin that can be mined by asics, gpus and cpus thus cannot be monopolized or multipooled or 51%ed with a fair chance for all having independent algos with independent difficulties and people are still pushing scrypt clones with nothing but name and reward changes as you can see I am not giving out the name because I did not come here to bash on a coin so that the one I support gets more suporters, I just think that it's retarded when coin clones that come out like 5 a day are being pushed and hyped while coins that are fair to the miners and bring inovation to the crypto world go largely unnoticed and when they finally take off everyone is bitching how early miners got the best of the coin ... well yeah ... they did because they weren't mining fucking "retard coin" litecoin clones with premines and ipo scams.

nope
NamunX

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:58:54 PM

Cryptohunter _O_

You are a great critic. I like that, and your sharp answers.

One of the purposes of Bitcoin sCrypt is to keep it out of the hands of ASIC mining companies. I think switching to Scrypt Jane or Scrypt-N would be very wise, when the first Scrypt asics are released.

I understand that you're a big holder of this coin, however your only argument to get this coin pumped (as there is not other real reason to promote it constantly except to get it pumped) is the ASICs.

Now since the Scrypt ASICs are out, for quite some time now, it seems there is no purpose for this coin anymore ?

Maybe it would be better to create a new Scrypt-N version of this coin, from scratch.

MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 10:03:29 PM

Cryptohunter _O_

One of the purposes of Bitcoin sCrypt is to keep it out of the hands of ASIC mining companies. I think switching to Scrypt Jane or Scrypt-N would be very wise, when the first Scrypt asics are released.

I understand that you're a big holder of this coin, however your only argument to get this coin pumped (as there is not other real reason to promote it constantly except to get it pumped) is the ASICs.

Now since the Scrypt ASICs are out, for quite some time now, it seems there is no purpose for this coin anymore ?

Maybe it would be better to create a new Scrypt-N version of this coin, from scratch.

The algo can be changed to Scrypt-N, or any other algo, in a hardfork.
foodies123

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:22:37 PM

Cryptohunter _O_

so how would the new clients handle the old scrypt generated blocks ?

nope
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 10:58:44 PM

Cryptohunter _O_

Without a problem.
foodies123

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:00:07 PM

Cryptohunter _O_

Without a problem.

well sign me up because I'm sold I want to be a bitcoin scrypt milionaire...
no srsly it's just a clone, I'm out.

nope
leoragraves666

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:07:50 PM

One more, still bitcoin in name might help

PC & Mac repairs
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:45:12 PM

EmotiCoin won the votes on Mintpal after their supporters paid 7 BTC in votes  Shocked
But it has so many coins (1 trillion?) that Mintpal put it on the LTC market and it's getting dumped Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Remember: Bitcoin sCrypt has a limit of 21M coins Smiley We are now back on place 1 in the votes! Keep voting to keep us there Smiley
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:14:09 AM

Bitcoin sCrypt is over 75,000 votes at Mintpal!

Please don't waste BTC on voting, you can vote 5 times an hour when logged in.

https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:20:34 AM

welcome to last year

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:23:47 AM

Price rising slowly but steady for days now!

https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=145
gaazje

Activity: 452

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:27:14 AM

Already 0.00023243 on Crypto-rush

https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=trading&m=BTCS&b=BTC

And at the top voting at mintpal:

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:10:30 PM

I am seeing 12 ghash network. So glad I kept all my BTC2. I went from mining 100/day to 1.6/day.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:12:46 PM

No ANN?
Never heard about this coin

username here

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:25:36 PM

what makes them better is they were the first of their kind! and who would take CatCoin seriously? are you gonna invest 1million $ into something called CatCoin?

I won't.

I wouldn't invest a million into anything, I would buy a house.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: