Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:06:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin sCrypt = the next big thing.  (Read 7002 times)
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:31:47 AM

Classic pump n dump with a 'fancy' name. Well played Magnet, there will be tons of noobs holding bags after this one.

lol

"Classic Pump & Dump" 6 months after the coin was released?  I don't think classic means what you think it means. Wink

The difference between this coin and all others, including BTC, LTC & DOGE, is that BTCS embraces decentralized development by utilizing a novel proof-of-stake voting system to have the community decide development and foundation formation issues, as opposed to a central group of developers.

It looks like it's the first democratized crypto-currency and to vote you have to keep and hold your coins.  Hopefully, there will be a sell-off after it hits Mintpal to shake off some of the speculators, but a lot of its supporters plan to keep holding on for the coming voting phase.

This coin fills the need for a community-driven coin, especially with all the crap coming out of the "top-down" Bitcoin SHA Foundation.  

I wouldn't be surprised if other coins started following suit by democratizing their development because ultimately freedom loving people don't like centralized control with anyone, even brilliant developers.

The latest update can be found here:
http://theotherbitcoin.com/democratizing-development-roadmap-decentralizing-bitcoin-scrypt-development/

You don't sound very smart.

Just because the coin has been in hibernation (so the dev and a few others can hoard thousands of coins), does not detract from the fact that this is a pump n dump. You would be in the category of noobs I see losing at the end of this.

Crypto probably isn't for you.

This noob has been registered on this site longer than you son.  You could have discovered that with a quick profile check, but since you were too lazy to do that I'll guess that you were too lazy to check out the article on decentralized development too.

Because it is incredibly hard to have more than one account...

You being registered on a site for almost a year means nothing. You obviously haven't learned anything while you have been here (which is apparent from your activity).

While I write this message, BTCS is entering the dump phase. Who is the fool holding the bag now? Let's see how long the supposed value holds  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bloods-n-cryptos

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:23:36 AM

Classic pump n dump with a 'fancy' name. Well played Magnet, there will be tons of noobs holding bags after this one.

lol

"Classic Pump & Dump" 6 months after the coin was released?  I don't think classic means what you think it means. Wink

The difference between this coin and all others, including BTC, LTC & DOGE, is that BTCS embraces decentralized development by utilizing a novel proof-of-stake voting system to have the community decide development and foundation formation issues, as opposed to a central group of developers.

It looks like it's the first democratized crypto-currency and to vote you have to keep and hold your coins.  Hopefully, there will be a sell-off after it hits Mintpal to shake off some of the speculators, but a lot of its supporters plan to keep holding on for the coming voting phase.

This coin fills the need for a community-driven coin, especially with all the crap coming out of the "top-down" Bitcoin SHA Foundation.  

I wouldn't be surprised if other coins started following suit by democratizing their development because ultimately freedom loving people don't like centralized control with anyone, even brilliant developers.

http://theotherbitcoin.com/democratizing-development-roadmap-decentralizing-bitcoin-scrypt-development/

Just because the coin has been in hibernation (so the dev and a few others can hoard thousands of coins), does not detract from the fact that this is a pump n dump. You would be in the category of noobs I see losing at the end of this.

This noob has been registered on this site longer than you son.  You could have discovered that with a quick profile check, but since you were too lazy to do that I'll guess that you were too lazy to check out the article on decentralized development too.

You being registered on a site for almost a year means nothing. You obviously haven't learned anything while you have been here (which is apparent from your activity).

While I write this message, BTCS is entering the dump phase. Who is the fool holding the bag now? Let's see how long the supposed value holds  Roll Eyes

Unlike you, I only post when I have something intelligent to say.

The price of BTCS will continue off of these unreal highs but only time will ultimately tell us the fate of its decentralization experiment.

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
OmarG

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:31:16 AM

Come join us!

• Hosted in Canada
  • Low Latency P2Pool Node
  • 1% Fee
  • Transaction Fees Paid to Miners
  • No Signup Required
  • Payouts Directly to Wallet
  • Unique P2Pool Frontend

Canadian P2Pools: http://omargpools.ca/
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:19:35 AM

lol

While I write this message, BTCS is entering the dump phase. Who is the fool holding the bag now? Let's see how long the supposed value holds  Roll Eyes

The price of BTCS will continue off of these unreal highs but only time will ultimately tell us the fate of its decentralization experiment.

You are making the BIGGEST fool of yourself. I clearly state that this is an obvious pump and dump. You vigorously deny it and you seem convinced that some feature defines it from the crapcoin ocean (an old tactic which you have obviously fallen for - again, you are a noob). You then try and use my own tactics towards me (because you lack any intelligence of your own) and try and make out I am the incompetent one when I was clearly right and BTCS is following the traditional pump and dump curve.

Magnet is obviously crying right now and holding a bag worth of BTCS or he pooed all over your dreams. Either way, he is up to his old deceitful tricks  Grin

So in conclusion, you look like a moron holding a bag full of worthless alt crap with a 'fancy' name and you were played because you thought some voting system would be the defining feature (haven't heard that one before! woo) or you thought the name implied it was going to be worth something LOL. 

Like I also said (fuck I'm good), some people should not trade crypto. Take a good hard look at this message and remember your place (as I won't be replying to this dying coins thread or retards).

I'll send some KleenexCoin your way.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:17:55 AM

I clearly state that this is an obvious pump and dump.

Well I know where the pump side came from, I was buying up, guess a few longish holders who saw it many times their buy in dumped some (good on em), but I certainly dumped none of my buy ins.

This coin will do well longish with the right promotions, I think it can exceed ltc price (and I am not the only senior member who sees that potential).

Not so long ago people where laughing at me being a big ltc bagholder Wink (but my long holds I don't go the minute to minute evaluations and panic).
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 07:04:11 AM

lol

Since you didn't see this coin coming, I think the same applies to you Wink

Who says I didn't? I hate Nxt yet I'm still invested. I'm just pointing out that you have poor ethics and you are trying to con laymen people into your pump.

Oh, hows UNOCS going for you?  Cheesy

Thanks for asking.
UNOCS / PhenixEx / PhenixCoin was one of the biggest scams ever and I'm not very proud supporting that back then.

A few weeks after launch, some of us (community supporters) were asked to promote PhenixCoin and so we did. The devs gained my trust, added me on Skype, we talked a lot, got on the phone (I live in Holland, they live in the USA), etc.
While we (the promotional team) were trying to support PhenixCoin and I was buying up, the devs (JohnCar / Iamatrix) dumped their premine, stole money from PhenixEx, etc. I lost ~85 BTC on Phenix. Ghostlander tracked my coins and confirmed I actually bought up a large part of the premine. After they dumped the premine, Iamatrix tried to kill the coin by changing the diff algo / block generation. At that time I believed it was a mistake, it obviously wasn't. This whole history cost me ~85 BTC...

The reason I promote Bitcoin sCrypt is: I never was asked to do so, I mined it a few times since september so I hold quite a few, I like the vision behind it and I like the name.
tavirosu

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 07:18:38 AM

The reason I promote Bitcoin sCrypt is: I never was asked to do so, I mined it a few times since september so I hold quite a few, I like the vision behind it and I like the name.

So you seek the oportunity to get the hype going again with a troubled coin where you were left holding the bag and dumped. Smart move, tho I feel sorry for the guys holding the bags now.

From developers for developers: http://www.cryptocoindev.com/
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 07:25:49 AM

So you seek the oportunity to get the hype going again with a troubled coin where you were left holding the bag and dumped. Smart move, tho I feel sorry for the guys holding the bags now.

Price is at Mintpal is 10x higher than it was 8 days ago, so consider me to be a happy "bagholder" Smiley
Yesterday's price was not relevant: volumes were so low on Cryptorush, if you sold 1000 BTCs it would half the price.

Bitcoin sCrypt market first needs a healthy trading volume, then the price will be set. And 75 BTC value traded in the first 20 hours on Mintpal isn't such a bad start.
cisary

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:55:03 AM

I think the name is very bad for the original Bitcoin. Investors shall be confused with more Bitcoin coins and there will be less investments. Local stores are going to think "what a mess" and consumers are not adopting because there is no "clear simple story" to tell.

The next coin can be named
- Bitcoin Alt
- Bitcoin Crypt
- Bitcrypt Coin
- Bitcoin Cash
and so on. You made it a mess in the hope to fill your own pockets....

Even before the BTC is adopted worldwide by local stores and consumers, you are allready seeding confusion in a bad way.
Very very bad. And remember, till so far, only the BTC (and on some sites, LTC) is the "way out" to dollars or euro's.
This "way out" is as we speak the only reason that people in the street will adopt BTC as value.

So when you disadvantage the original BTC, you disadvantage yourself, your adopters, and your miners.

Bitcoin-scrypt shall never be accepted at your local stores and because of the name, you are delaying the needed adoption of the real BTC.
That adoption is needed to raise the value of the BTC, and in that way, all the other coins. The choice of this name brings damage to the whole process.

It's a pity....

Exactly!!! I wish more people can see the situation around altcoins this way.. We should definitely focus on adoption of original "Satoshi Nakamoto's" Bitcoin! Looking to the future (ethereum etc.) is a good thing, but trying to replicate "BTC boom" is imho nonsense..

We? Who is "we" and why should "we" do what you say? Smiley

Bitcoin is currently in the hands of big companies with even larger data centers, filled with ASIC's, oil cooled.

Bitcoin sCrypt can be hardforked to any ASIC proof algo that's available, that won't happen to BTC or LTC.

We, "the crypto fans" = miners, traders, coders, supporters.. I don't say that altcoins are worthless, but I really want to see crypto adopted as alternative for current payments (visa/mastercard..) around the world. I always hoped that with BTC I will be able to pay everywhere (without exchanging to local currency/altcoin) with ONE wallet, that's all. Another thing is that if someone want to have altcoin wallet, that's perfectly fine, but if he trade his BTCs for it and then his chosen altcoin loose its value, it could hurt trust in Bitcoin itself. All I want is one strong crypto community with same goal = to fight fiat, to prove that banks are not needed in the future.. One more thing: Most people really don't care about technical aspects.
bloods-n-cryptos

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:25:40 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 06:56:13 PM by bloods-n-cryptos

lol

You are making the BIGGEST fool of yourself. I clearly state that this is an obvious pump and dump. You vigorously deny it and you seem convinced that some feature defines it from the crapcoin ocean (an old tactic which you have obviously fallen for - again, you are a noob). You then try and use my own tactics towards me (because you lack any intelligence of your own) and try and make out I am the incompetent one when I was clearly right and BTCS is following the traditional pump and dump curve.

Magnet is obviously crying right now and holding a bag worth of BTCS or he pooed all over your dreams. Either way, he is up to his old deceitful tricks  Grin

So in conclusion, you look like a moron holding a bag full of worthless alt crap with a 'fancy' name and you were played because you thought some voting system would be the defining feature (haven't heard that one before! woo) or you thought the name implied it was going to be worth something LOL.  

Like I also said (fuck I'm good), some people should not trade crypto. Take a good hard look at this message and remember your place (as I won't be replying to this dying coins thread or retards).

I'll send some KleenexCoin your way.

Your superiority-complex is is clouding your judgment.

First of all, Bitcoin sCrypt's current price (0.00048 BTC) is 55% lower than it's all-time high (.00110 BTC) and that's your evidence of a pump & dump?

Bitcoin SHA's current price is 54% lower than its all-time high. [$1163 vs $572 on Bitstamp - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd]
Litecoin's current price is 47% lower than its all-time high. [0.05199 BTC vs 0.02757 BTC - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/ltcbtc]
Dogecoin's current price is 55% lower than its all-time high. [0.00000272 BTC vs 0.00000123 BTC - https://coinplorer.com/Charts?fromCurrency=DOGE&toCurrency=BTC]

Would you consider these coins pumps & dumps too?  If not, what objective price criteria differentiates the aforementioned coins from other pumps & dumps?

Second of all, you go off on a diatribe that I'm a noob left holding the bag for this pump & dump when in reality you know absolutely nothing about my BTCS holdings.  Aside from mining back in 2013:  
I first purchased BTCS on OpenEx for 0.000005 BTC and 0.00001999 BTC in February.
I got more BTCS on Allcrypt a few weeks ago for 0.00002350 BTC in early March
I got more BTCS on Cryptorush a few days ago for 0.00004999 BTC and 0.00007500 BTC
I got a tad more BTCS on Mintpal yesterday for 0.0006500 BTC and this morning for 0.0004400 BTC

Yet, without knowing anything about my BTCS holdings or length of my involvement you proceed to build up this strawman that I got in during the pump phase and am now left holding the bag.   You completely made the whole thing up to satisfy your false-narrative and tear down a fake strawman that you built. In reality, you knew nothing about my holdings or when I got involved in BTCS, which you could have easily discovered by a quick look at my post history.

You're dishonest and you're smug about it. Your superiority-complex makes you intellectually lazy and makes you think you have a license to make things up just because you're you.  

You do not want to engage in an honest debate and it was my mistake in assuming you did.

I bring facts.  You make things up.  That's a fact jack.

BTCS has the potential to revolutionize the crypto-world by introducing decentralized democratization and I'm holding because I think it could eventually rival LTC in market share.  

You are free to disagree, but attributing fake motives to people you disagree with is a dishonest tactic that your fragile ego will probably never understand.

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 06:50:13 PM

Added new pools to the OP Smiley Thanks for submitting!
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 03:51:24 PM

Added "Austion Global Exchange" to the OP, new BTCs/BTC market:

https://agx.io/markets/304/trade
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:03:24 PM

We still have a 1-2 Ghash/s network. Amazing!
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:50:52 AM

Difficulty   325.64
Net. hashrate   2,909.23 MH/s

Shocked
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:18:23 AM

shitbox dilution coin.

control headshot needed.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:10:04 AM

MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 01:35:09 PM

shitbox dilution coin.

control headshot needed.

You don't sound like a supporter of Bitcoin sCrypt.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 06:48:25 PM

Updated OP with blockexplorers.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 12:14:31 PM

New official logo!

And website looks great too!
http://bitcoinscrypt.org

MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 07:38:44 PM

Added comkort.com to the list of exchanges in the OP!

Happy trading!

exchange: https://comkort.com/market/trade/btcs_btc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: