Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNBAN APPEAL] Acura3600  (Read 795 times)
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:49:25 PM

I don't think it's plausible that Acura3600 copied the video timestamp descriptions from youtube, added the reference link, and then typed the sentence at the top.
I agree, he most likely copied and pasted from yurimir's post.
And why wouldn't he?
The source of the content is linked in yurimir's post as well.
That he copied from another post "for convenience", instead of copying (and reformatting) from youtube has nothing to do with plagiarism.
That he inadvertently also copied a single sentence by yurimir is unfortunate, but you cannot be serious that this is plagiarism.

the intent of the user to spam this forum with zero-effort copy-pasta, which I think this is
This is where I'll have to draw the line: Acura3600 may have "slipped up" in some (actually many) copy&paste quotes, but I can say with confidence that I know my fellow German board members well enough to vouch for him/her (at least for posts on the German board, since I don't usually read the others very much).

He is not spamming "this forum with zero-effort copy-pasta" to the best of my knowledge.

It also doesn't make sense, he's a Legendary with a "good enough" post history and even some 80 merit of his own.
He can easily make enough money with a signature program, if he so wishes.

We're on the same side here, we both hate copy-paste-spam signature campaigners, and I wouldn't let Acura off the hook so easily if I saw conclusive evidence of even minor cases of such behavior from him. But that is not the case.

I'm also not simply arguing for him/her because I like him/her or because I believe he should have a free "get out of jail card" because "Brutus is an honorable man".

To the best of my knowledge, and from the evidence has been presented here in the thread, and also from what I can tell from looking at Acura's post history, he is not a copy-paste-spammer.

He does, in fact, copy & paste a lot of announcements for different Shitcoins on the Altcoin-board, and he quite often does not link to the source and put everything in quotes, I'll give you that.
But it is pretty obvious that he's not trying to
a) present this as his own content
b) collect merit for it
c) bump his post count by it

I personally couldn't care less if Acura is banned or not. It's not like we're pals or we have a lot in common (he/she's a Shitcoiner, after all).
But the point is, at the moment there's a lot of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt about "the purge" in the German board, and people are actually turning away from bitcointalk. Good posters.
Being too harsh on someone like Acura will not help make bitcointalk a better place.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6217

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 06:06:22 PM

It's not. The first sentence is from yurimir's post so it's copied from there (or they both copied from somewhere else) without a reference.
OK, I overlooked that, you're right here, so probably he copied it from yurimir.

But does this single sentence which was added by yurimir, which is very generic, make it really plagiarism? For example, in German copyright jurisprudence (Acura is a member of the German community) there is universal acceptance of a "threshold of originality" and a single sentence is almost never considered plagiarism (only if it has the originality to be a "literary work" on his own). That's also the base for the business model of search engines.*

I also agree with qwk's stance on the topic. (qwk is a very respected member of the German community)

(*There is a newer law in Germany which grants an ancillary copyright for press publishers which has much lower "threshold", but I doubt that a forum user could be described as "press publisher", so I guess that is not applied to forum posts.)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 06:52:42 PM

This is where I'll have to draw the line: Acura3600 may have "slipped up" in some (actually many) copy&paste quotes, but I can say with confidence that I know my fellow German board members well enough to vouch for him/her (at least for posts on the German board, since I don't usually read the others very much).

Fair enough.

Being too harsh on someone like Acura will not help make bitcointalk a better place.

I don't think a signature ban is too harsh. And I think altcoin copy-pasta across multiple threads is not what this forum is for, regardless if we file it under plagiarism or not.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:00:03 PM

I don't think a signature ban is too harsh. And I think altcoin copy-pasta across multiple threads is not what this forum is for, regardless if we file it under plagiarism or not.
Fair enough Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: