Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:21:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Set up Bitcoin Manufacturing Shop in USA  (Read 1753 times)
skyfromwell (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:56:30 PM

Recently I try to sell my brand name JingTian miner in USA.

Then I found out that maybe a better solution to have a manufacturing place in here (since I myself lives in SF Bay area).

I am looking for

-- making my own PCB board
-- SMT
-- Assembly my own system

Probably with cheap price for both land and electricity, to build my own mining facility here.

Anyone?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:12:03 PM

Might help to explain what it is that you're actually asking about here.  A place to do the (small scale?) manufacturing - yourself or done by a company - or a place to host the miners, or...?

skyfromwell (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:33:19 PM

Might help to explain what it is that you're actually asking about here.  A place to do the (small scale?) manufacturing - yourself or done by a company - or a place to host the miners, or...?

Both. I heard State of Washington is good place.
MWNinja

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 10:34:55 PM

Then I found out that maybe a better solution to have a manufacturing place in here (since I myself lives in SF Bay area).

I am looking for

-- SMT

Probably with cheap price for both land and electricity, to build my own mining facility here.

Anyone?

You would be better off sourcing the 250GH blades from china, and doing final assembly into cases here.  PCB manufacturing and SMT Assembly is far more expensive in the USA; and you still have to deal with importing the components.
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:53:54 AM

I am looking for

-- SMT

Anyone?

I've assisted several people build their NanoFury miners here in the USA and it's not really a big deal. As a matter of fact for small to medium series it was both faster and cheaper to do it that way (vs do it in China and deal with importing everything).

Feel free to PM me if interested.

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:39:25 AM

I am looking for

-- SMT

Anyone?

If you want to do gang buster business in the US all you have to do is import a good product and sell it from stock in the USA. Buy 1000 1TH miners and sell them all in the USA for 3500 bucks each in a week.
skyfromwell (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:15:45 PM

I think that price is doable.

Just need to know how many people interested in this group buy?

1. no PSU.
2. shipping not included.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:20:43 PM

At $3500 and a guaranteed delivery I would be in.  Hell even as a somewhat DIY self kit (get modules, case, etc) and assemble if its cheaper/faster on your end so people that do have the experience will be a faster transaction.
skyfromwell (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:27:55 PM

That is very encouraging.

Let me figure out a most efficient way to set things up.

So we can process with it.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:14:53 AM

At $3500 and a guaranteed delivery I would be in.  Hell even as a somewhat DIY self kit (get modules, case, etc) and assemble if its cheaper/faster on your end so people that do have the experience will be a faster transaction.

+1 for this. I would love to just get a bunch of blades+controllers, and I will assemble my own racking solution. Cheaper and faster for us.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:32:46 AM

+1 for this. I would love to just get a bunch of blades+controllers, and I will assemble my own racking solution. Cheaper and faster for us.

Its a great idea. Someone is going to break though with 28 NM chips at a good price and make a killing.
skyfromwell (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:42:44 AM

There is some changes about the chips.

Now there is NO OFFICIAL guy who can resell chips. Bitmine will ONLY sell systems excluding China market.

So if you guys can come up with a number, for example, get 1000T worth of system moving, I may talk the boss of chipmakers to some good deal.
erhanzeynel

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:53:15 AM

First: find a company which printing pcb boards. Because pcb printing needs lot of skills and lot of hazardus chemicals. Forget print pcb. Design it and let the professional company print it.

Then make a 3 axis system to use as pick and place smd machine. And make its batch slideable.

Build a smd oven at one side of pnp machine. When placing complate just slide your pcb into oven.

Your needings basicly smd pnp machine and smd oven. There is lot of diy projects on the internet.
As a note: Both of them needs skills on programming, mechanic and electronic.   
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:37:38 PM

Wet blanket time!  Why bother?  By the time you get up and running the chinese will be selling the same devices for 50% of what you'll have to charge to make a profit.
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:35:23 AM

I am looking for

-- SMT

Anyone?

If your board is all SMT components have you looked at http://www.smallbatchassembly.com/ it looks like they have really good prices on assembly of small batches.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:49:35 AM

At $3500 and a guaranteed delivery I would be in.  Hell even as a somewhat DIY self kit (get modules, case, etc) and assemble if its cheaper/faster on your end so people that do have the experience will be a faster transaction.

Its a great idea. Someone is going to break though with 28 NM chips at a good price and make a killing.

You sure can pack more blades into a crate than complete machines. I think this is the way to go.
Sell them as a DIY kits. I buy Technobit bare kits. I don't need a case and I can use my own PSU and controller.
Sell them in the UK too please. Wink

skyfromwell (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:40:25 AM

What is crate looks like?
Powell

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:46:57 AM

I think he is referring into a shipping crate?  I am not sure.

If you could sell DIY kits at a fair price I think there are plenty of us that are interested.  Make it happen good sir!
skyfromwell (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:52:08 PM

I think he is referring into a shipping crate?  I am not sure.

If you could sell DIY kits at a fair price I think there are plenty of us that are interested.  Make it happen good sir!

Let's do it.

1. First DIY kits:

What should be in there?

1. ASIC boards, Communication boards.
2. Heat Sink? This is not expensive in production but hell in shipping fee.
3. Software in SD.

Then you come up with your own crate/box ,etc, your own fan?, your own PUD?

2. Price range.
Powell

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:05:44 PM

Yeah the heatsink shipping is killer.  Sad

I do not think we could get them without going through you which I know sucks for shipping.

But opinion.
1.) ASIC Boards (Sadly with heatsinks)
2.) MCU
3.) Cables (Then again 5x2 and cable can be made by user)
4.) Software maybe but I am wondering if the newest CGMiner supports the A1 chipsets so maybe able to just have a how to compile cgminer. 

Yeah if it is a DIY kit the people who know what we are doing have no problem setting up a chassis and the fans.

Price range:  I would say dependent on total boards (your MCU allows 8 ports correct?) with heatsinks.  Just as long as its some what competitive since it is a DIY (so no case, PSU, etc.)

Get us some prices even if its via PM.  I would def. be interested.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: