Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:12:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you think ICO websites help investors to choose best ICO to participate?
Yes, this websites very helpful. - 5 (14.7%)
I do not trust this websites. - 15 (44.1%)
I do not use this websites, i have my own factors. - 8 (23.5%)
I do not suggest to participate in any ICOs. - 6 (17.6%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO you think ICO websites help investors to choose best ICO to participate?  (Read 1598 times)
funcryptoco (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:06:01 PM

I only visit ICO rating websites to know trending ICOs and not to help me analyze if a project is legit or not. Most are paid reviews, don't get it twisted. So it's important you do your own research, not just concluding based on the ratings you see on ICO sites. Well, some boast of reputation like ICODROPS, ICOBENCH but please, never rely completely on them.

Indeed, most ICOs rating websites are paid reviews and i am prefer make my own analysis before make investment on ICOs. But now investor looking on IEOs because exchangers already make research about the project before held IEOs. Its good alternative for investor
Because the name change from ICO to IEO dose not mean you can make a profit, most of exchanges welcome IEO because it charge huge amount during ICO from the project developers.
funcryptoco (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:11:11 PM

I think this website is very helpful to decide and choose the best ICO to participate . Because it give information and description in different ICO that you want to participate so it is good to make you think or to understand to flow of what industry that you will entrering and learn some tips to avoid losss.

I think its much more beneficial if we have our own set of criterias in determining the viability of an ICO and we should not rely solely on these ICO websites which is most of the times, biased towards an ICO since most of them requires payment to publish ICO's in their websites. Here are some of my questions in determining whether an ICO is right for investment or not:

1. Does it have a sound business plan and original and not a copy paste idea?
2. Does it already have an MVP?
3. Does it have a Github repository already?
4. Do the development team are capable in delivering the product?
5. Does the team's identities verifiable or have been verified?
6. Does it have a realistic roadmap?
7. Does the team give utmost importance to their promises and perform deliverables?
8. Does the project exercise more transparency on project related matters?
9. Does the project's tokenomics been distributed fairly?
10. Does the project have positive peer reviews among trustworthy members of the community?
I just want to know what is MVP?
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 06:14:46 PM

No. I don't think investors look so much at ICO websites before invest, most of them choose from social media and maybe this is not good, but also an website only offer an info and not guarantee a profit.
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:01:58 PM

For me just have an ICO rating website and update the ICO that I trust the most. It is icodrops.com, they always update and list ico has a high level of interest, in addition the project team is real and talented couples
funcryptoco (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:08:58 PM

DO you think ICO websites help investors to choose best ICO to participate.
Now there is a lot of websites rating ICOs, most of this websites rate the ICOs, but in other hand this websites charge fees from ICOs.
Which means that this evaluation may not be accurate, so do you trust these websites? and do you recommend using them?

I don't think so, experienced investors don't need to visit the ico websites. They only believe on their research about the project. To be honest ICO rating website is a somewhat not really trusted, because i heard the ico rating site will give a good rating if the project owner give some money to the site. I don't know is it true or not though.
Yes, this is true and this websites offers the services for the developers under (premium listing).
Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:09:03 PM

For me just have an ICO rating website and update the ICO that I trust the most. It is icodrops.com, they always update and list ico has a high level of interest, in addition the project team is real and talented couples
We should look also into their website to see their thoughts and identify their level of project as well if its not scam, having ICO ratings as guide but still needs our own perception.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
kanmo

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:28:24 PM

I personally don't trust ICO rating websites because most of them receive payment from different ICO projects in order to get good ratings from the website. Most ICO projects do this in order to lure investors into their crowdsale.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 08:46:49 PM

I think they can help you in your personal research and due diligence as you can extract all the details about an ico from such websites also you can analyse them against other similar projects and these websites also tellbus important information like opening and closing of fund rsising, soft and hard cap, price of token and some also provide information about authenticity of the team.

Cuk0ng_bitc0in

Activity: 188
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:47:46 PM

yes.  we need that.  but that is not the main reason.  The ICO website only assesses a project in general.  but the value and prospects of a project are 100% controlled by the team and advisor.  they must work hard to create good coins.
Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:54:01 PM

This has always been a wrong approach and I don't think any experienced investor will depend on these ICO websites to choose the best ICO project to invest in. Why will you invest into a project by someone's review on a project you are the one going to invest your money into. It can just serve as a guide so that as an investor, you research deep into the project and the team behind and from there decide as to whether you will invest in or not.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:58:23 PM

Initially these ICO Rating websites could be trusted for their reviews and recommendations but ever since the ICO market boomed last year most ratings are all fake and not genuine. You can see a rating of 5-star yet it would be a scam project. Just do your own research before investing into any ICO.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Pagri

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 09:02:32 PM

Many of the ICOs that are now well known scams used some of these websites to gain the trust of unsuspecting investors who ended up losing their capital in an unworthy way. It is well known that many of the funds obtained by the ICOs are mostly spent on advertising, and a significant percentage of these expenses are directed to these types of websites, so little by little they have been losing credibility in a sector where first-hand information is essential, so it is increasingly difficult to find reliable sources in this regard.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
sergei1703

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 09:07:43 PM

Yes, I think that this websites can help investors to choose the right ICO to invest in, but not the ICOBench, because it is SCAM website with SCAM "experts"
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 10:15:29 PM

DO you think ICO websites help investors to choose best ICO to participate.
Now there is a lot of websites rating ICOs, most of this websites rate the ICOs, but in other hand this websites charge fees from ICOs.
Which means that this evaluation may not be accurate, so do you trust these websites? and do you recommend using them?

We also look for these sites for our own interest. They would not do it for charity, why should they do that? Anyway, IMO they are useful, not about rating, but they help to gather the useful information about projects.
funcryptoco (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 10:34:42 PM

Yes, I think that this websites can help investors to choose the right ICO to invest in, but not the ICOBench, because it is SCAM website with SCAM "experts"
Why you exclude only this website?
Is that mean others is okay!
asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 11:22:29 PM

I think yes cause they're doing deeply research about a project and post it to provide us anything about the project, like a pros and cons.
Well I didn't say we can trust them 100% but at least they give a another perception about the project and give us some advise before we choose to invest or not in the project.

blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 11:46:19 PM

ICO rating websites are just one of the hings you need to look at before investing, but not the only thing to do. Remember that ICO investments are very risky because a lot of ICO are tend to fail. So, you need to do your research further to avoid being scammed.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:00:08 AM

Yeah, icodrops is better than other, but I won't trust ICO website ratings, expert comment and analyze  because I think most of them is paid for fees to comment or used it for high ratings. I only used ICO website for checking latest ICO list, that's all.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:23:03 AM

So far, only 1 person have voted for, it's helpful. I guess who it is. Is that any of the ICO rating site owner  Cheesy ICObench has an active account here and I guess he has voted for it. Guys, these ratings are nothing but shit. Don't pay attention into those reviews/ratings.
That one guy might also be an ICO owner who just bought a listing on of the ICO websites and trusts them blindly for their promotion. Anyway I think that number will go up soon.

Blah blah
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:40:18 AM

Yeah, icodrops is better than other, but I won't trust ICO website ratings, expert comment and analyze  because I think most of them is paid for fees to comment or used it for high ratings. I only used ICO website for checking latest ICO list, that's all.

Icodrops is much better that all the ico reviews sites combined. But it does not mean that all of the ICO/IEO they posted on their site are going to be successful because I have seen a few of these ICOs that were stagnant and keep on delaying their ICO or extending and nobody when they will announce it is finished.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: