Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you think ICO websites help investors to choose best ICO to participate?
Yes, this websites very helpful. - 5 (14.7%)
I do not trust this websites. - 15 (44.1%)
I do not use this websites, i have my own factors. - 8 (23.5%)
I do not suggest to participate in any ICOs. - 6 (17.6%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO you think ICO websites help investors to choose best ICO to participate?  (Read 1598 times)
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:16:39 PM

ICO review websites often give an ICO a bad rating unless they pay them or they offer a good rating for payment. It means nothing. I always ask myself according to who are these ratings given. You absolutely must do your own research or you will come out on the short end of the stick for sure. Just make sure you don't pick a generic looking ICO web landing page. Many look the same and merely use templates. They impressive looking so I am not surprised they trick people.

As you can see by the voting, many people on this forum are realising that those ico rating websites are mostly paid by the projects. I personally don't believe in them.

I am pleased with the results of the voting as well.

I thought that ICObench is a legit website and the reviews are true made by the real experts. But they are not, the reviews are based on money what projects gave to the website, more you gave, better review you receive.
Websites were paid, they might only give some feedbacks but they don't care to how it will influence the people as long they earn, so better do necessary checking before anything.

They can also ham to legitimate projects unfortunately Sad

rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:30:33 PM

No, it's different then and now. Two years ago, ICO website was very useful to find which one is the best project to invest but last year most of ICO were listed on ICO websites and got a good rating while they eventually turned to a scam. Today, it's still the same! We can't really trust ICO websites as any projects could get a high rating easily whilst website owner is too lazy to conduct a due diligence for project listing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:32:58 PM

ICO websites is a pointer to all potential investors/ investors about the project but  it's not a guarantee for the ICO , some still fall to wrong icos due to information they read on their website. All the websites are not a hundred percent honest, they hype icos after getting paid .
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 10:33:47 PM

I don't think it a good idea for any investor to allow an ICO website to influence his investment decision on an ICO. Those websites are just paid media advertising outlets and nothing more!

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 11:00:55 PM

In my opinion I think the use of ICO rating website should be simply to follow hypes.. I think the rating system is flawed and biased most especially with this raters appearing as project advisors in the crypto space..

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
funcryptoco (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:38:25 PM

As you can see by the voting, many people on this forum are realising that those ico rating websites are mostly paid by the projects. I personally don't believe in them.
ICO rating websites are offer paid services and this not a hidden, you can see this services when you visit ico rating websites.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:41:09 PM

For ico websites doesnt help me or convince me to invest onto one ico.I mainly use this  websites to see whats hot in ico market when im joining ico i preffer looking for ICO here in the forum because it provides you more info compared to whats listed on many ico websites out there

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:43:20 PM

ICO rating websites are offer paid services and this not a hidden, you can see this services when you visit ico rating websites.
I thought so but I don't have any evidences so I won't say like what you said, they might just apply fee for listing but there is no proof that a project will get a high rating by paying listing fee. So do you have any evidences to prove your argument?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:44:59 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2019, 12:41:11 AM by Stargazer

No way. ICO rating website is a good tool to know about an ICO project because they list every important information on the board. But you can't take any investment decision by seeing their rating. ICObench uses a bot to rate a project, can you imagine? Take those websites as an information giver and research yourself before joining in any ICO.

fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 03:11:44 AM

DO you think ICO websites help investors to choose best ICO to participate.
Now there is a lot of websites rating ICOs, most of this websites rate the ICOs, but in other hand this websites charge fees from ICOs.
Which means that this evaluation may not be accurate, so do you trust these websites? and do you recommend using them?

Please vote to help others

Not really man. I using some ICO tracking sites just for knowing what kind of ICOs are running now.
Some sites can be paid to promote your own ICO, so it become a paid promotion site, which won't guarantee it is the best ICO to participate.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:07:54 AM

I only visit ICO rating websites to know trending ICOs and not to help me analyze if a project is legit or not. Most are paid reviews, don't get it twisted. So it's important you do your own research, not just concluding based on the ratings you see on ICO sites. Well, some boast of reputation like ICODROPS, ICOBENCH but please, never rely completely on them.

Indeed, most ICOs rating websites are paid reviews and i am prefer make my own analysis before make investment on ICOs. But now investor looking on IEOs because exchangers already make research about the project before held IEOs. Its good alternative for investor
Because the name change from ICO to IEO dose not mean you can make a profit, most of exchanges welcome IEO because it charge huge amount during ICO from the project developers.
It is not a change in just the names but there is rather a change in some fundamental ways things used to work. Right now, the risk on the investor side has also reduced and the project on the back of the tokens sole in IEO is way too good for practical implication in various ways. In Canada, Banks and financial institutions have been making use of the technology immensely. This is going to give rise to another fundraising boom in days to come.
m0Ray

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 02:25:07 PM

I am sure that sites such as icobeanch are corrupt. I have not seen any good rated site for free. The best sites are sites with paid subscriptions and recommendations of famous blockchain analysts. Yes, they do it for money but each of these analysts values their reputation.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 04:46:32 PM

[colo r=maroon][/b]DO you think ICO websites help investors to choose best ICO to participate.
Now there is a lot of websites rating ICOs, most of this websites rate the ICOs, but in other hand this websites charge fees from ICOs.
Which means that this evaluation may not be accurate, so do you trust these websites? and do you recommend using them?[/b][/color]
Please vote to help others
I dint trust them, there is nothing they do tan what is being done in this forum, their own is even worst that they use fee to get projects registered which will definitely make them to be biased on their choice of project. This is money speaking here, and they can easily be compromised when they are being offered some money by some projects to get them listed without verification.

Let’s pile up the list of ICOs that has really scammed people so far, and see whether you will not found majority of them also on these ICO websites that claims to be rating projects. I will rather continue to research of projects that I see on bitcointalk forum than rely on the report of those ICO sites.
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:15:54 PM

I think ICO websites are useful because they provide the main info about almost any ICO project, but I do not use them for making the decision whether to invest in the project or not.
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:20:34 PM

it can be used as one of the information givers for potential investors about concepts, criteria, roadmaps and several other things related to ico. ico web can help beginner investors choose their choice of ico but still have to do an analysis before determining the ico option through the website.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:23:34 PM

Exactly most of the ICO review website are paid to hype scam and shit coin's in they review and at that are misleading many investors who believe in they rating. As we have seen in 2018 there was lots of ICO website and at the same time lots of scam ICO at the same time.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:10:05 PM

I definitely do not trust ico websites ratings while considering a project and any reasonable investor should not do the same. And this is because there are alot of projects that tends not very good but can afford to pay ico websites a lot of money for a good rating. If any investor should consider the rating while investing then he might lose his money. I always recommend that people do a very good personal research before they decide to invest in any project to afford loss or falling for scam.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:36:22 PM

You are correct. ICO Websites are just guide on what ICO are now active but not a basis of what ICO we should choose. They are paod and we don't know if they are making their reviews bias and in favor of one ICO.  We should make our own research on our desired ICO.
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:41:43 PM

<...>
Gone are the days that we should our analysis or conclusion on investing in ICO based on ICO listing sites ratings. Rather, take your time and use your skills to carry out intensive research on such project.
Some of these so called sites have becomes scam sites, because they end up confusing investors, most especially those that trust them and their judgement
Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:51:23 PM

I think this is really not helping investors because most investors are losing huge amount of monies into ICO projects that only got the hype but nothing good came ot of it. Ico websites are just a mere formality and i recommend each investor to do their own research and decide on what project to invest in.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: