Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Standford grads created Pi, a currency mined on mobile  (Read 344 times)
MINEPI (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:13:31 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2019, 11:59:53 PM by MINEPI

MINEPI NETWORK

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blockchainvault
Whitepaper:  https://minepi.com/white-paper

Preface
As the world becomes increasingly digital, cryptocurrency is a next natural step in the evolution of money. Pi is the first digital currency for everyday people, representing a major step forward in the adoption of cryptocurrency worldwide.
Our Mission: Build a cryptocurrency and smart contracts platform secured and operated by everyday people.
Our Vision: Build the world’s most inclusive peer-to-peer marketplace, fueled by Pi, the world’s most widely used cryptocurrency
DISCLAIMER for more advanced readers: Because Pi’s mission is to be inclusive as possible, we’re going to take this opportunity to introduce our blockchain newbies to the rabbit hole Smiley

Roadmap / Deployment plan
Phase 1 - Design, Distribution, Trust Graph Bootstrap.
The Pi server is operating as a faucet emulating the behavior of the decentralized system as it will function once its live. During this phase improvements in the user experience and behavior are possible and relatively easy to make compared to the stable phase of the main net. All minting of coins to users will be migrated to the live net once it launches. In other words, the livenet will pre-mint  in its genesis block all account holder balances generated during Phase 1, and continue operating just like the current system but fully decentralized. Pi is not listed on exchanges during this phase and it is impossible to “buy” Pi with any other currency.

Phase 2 - Testnet
Before we launch the main net, the Node software will be deployed on a test net. The test net will use the same exact trust graph as the main net but on a testing Pi coin. Pi core team will host several nodes on the test net, but will encourage more Pioneers to start their own nodes on the testnet. In fact, in order for any node to join the main net, they are advised to begin on the testnet. The test net will be run in parallel to the Pi emulator in phase one, and periodically, e.g. daily, the results from both systems will be compared to catch the gaps and misses of the test net, which will allow Pi developers to propose and implement fixes.  After a thorough concurrent run of both systems, testnet will reach a state where its results consistently match the emulator’s. At that time when the community feels its ready, Pi will migrate to the next phase.

Phase 3 - Mainnet

When the community feels the software is ready for production, and it has been thoroughly tested on the testnet, the official mainnet of the Pi network will be launched. An important detail is that, in the transition into the mainnet, only accounts validated to belong to distinct real individuals will be honored. After this point, the faucet and Pi network emulator of Phase 1 will be shut down and the system will continue on its own forever. Future updates to the protocol will be contributed by the Pi developer community and Pi’s core team, and will be proposed by the committee. Their implementation and deployment will depend on nodes updating the mining software just like any other blockchains. No central authority will be controlling the currency and it will be fully decentralized. Balances of fake users or duplicate users will be discarded. This is the phase when Pi can be connected to exchanges and be exchanged for other currencies

-----
About
Total supply not defined yet
10k app downloads in 60 days
In-app chat feature
After downloading the app, you are going to need a referral you can use ethereumaddress as referral which will add more coins into your daily profit

-----
App permissions
-receive data from Internet
-view network connections
-full network access
-run at startup
-control vibration
-prevent device from sleeping
-view network connections
-full network access
-run at startup
-draw over other apps
-control vibration
-prevent device from sleeping
-full network access
-draw over other apps

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MINEPI (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 07:23:12 PM

FAQ

Disclaimer #1

Pi is NOT free money. It is a long-term project dedicated to helping everyday people capture more economic value that today goes to banks, technology giants (e.g., Facebook, Amazon), and other intermediaries. The value of Pi depends on the collective contributions of its members. If you are looking for quick money, look elsewhere.

Disclaimer #2

While many crypto projects start from pure theory, one of Pi Network’s guiding principles is human-centered design (or testing with real people to best meet their needs). Because Pi balances ongoing human-centered design with theory, some details of the project are still in flux. The project appreciates your patience and welcomes your input as it develops the products that best meet your needs.

What is Pi?

Pi is a new cryptocurrency that you can “mine” (or earn) from your mobile phone. Cryptocurrencies are new form of digital money that are maintained and secured by a community, instead of governments or banks. Today, you can mine (or earn) Pi by helping to secure the currency and by growing and supporting the network. While most cryptocurrencies (like Bitcoin) have been very hard for everyday people to use and access, Pi puts the power of cryptocurrency into the palm of your hand.

What is the value of Pi?

Pi’s value will be backed by the time, attention, goods, and services that you will be able to buy from other members of the Pi Network. By pooling our attention, goods, and services around a common currency, Pi’s members seek to capture more of the value that typically goes to banks, technology giants (e.g., Facebook, Amazon), and other intermediaries.

Today, we are laying the infrastructure for this digital currency and marketplace by distributing the currency, building the community, and developing the technology to ensure its security. During this phase of development, Pi is worth approximately 0 dollars / euro / yen etc., similar to Bitcoin in 2008. Its long-term exchange rate value will depend on the whole network’s collective contributions.

When will Pi be worth something? When can I turn Pi into “real” money? When can I spend Pi?

Cryptocurrency holders have two options for turning their holdings into “real” money (or to “cash out”): 1) Directly purchasing goods and services with their crypto or 2) exchanging their crypto for fiat currency (e.g., dollars, euro, etc.) on cryptocurrency exchanges.

1) Directly purchasing goods and services with your Pi. Pi Network is building a peer-to-peer marketplace where our members will be able to directly spend Pi to buy goods and services. We aim to start experimenting with in-app transfers of Pi as soon as Q4 2019.

2) Exchanging Pi for fiat currency on cryptocurrency exchanges. Pi’s Core Team does not control when cryptocurrency exchanges (like Binance, Coinbase, Kraken etc.) decide to list Pi. However, Pi will be able to be traded in Phase 3 of the project (i.e., Mainnet). At that point, exchanges can choose to list Pi. In the meanwhile, Pi’s core team is focused on implementing our technical roadmap (see our white paper) to reach phase 3.

Is Pi listed in any exchanges? How liquid is Pi?

No, not at the moment. People will be able to exchange Pi with other currencies in Phase 3 of Pi. (Please refer to the Roadmap section of our white paper.) We are building a socially responsible digital currency, with fair and meritocratic distribution. One element of this is that existing Fiat currency wealth (eg., in US dollars) does NOT give an unfair advantage in the Pi network. This means that, for a while, people should not be able to “buy” their way into Pi, which also translates into existing Pi holders not selling their Pi yet. Early selling usually means selling at bargain prices and results into accumulation of wealth into the hands of a few people.

Does it drain my battery or data? How can I mine from my phone?

Instead of burning energy, Pi secures its ledger when members vouch for each other as trustworthy. This forms a network of interlocking “security circles” that determines who can execute transactions. This novel approach allows crypto mining on your phone by leveraging your existing social connections, with no financial cost, no battery drain and a light footprint on the planet. Read the technical section in our White paper for more accurate and detailed explanation.

What is the strategy to make Pi a real currency?

We have a two-pronged strategy to ensure that Pi thrives as a digital currency. The first prong is building the technical infrastructure for a decentralized currency. We have a three-phased plan here: 1) our current phase focuses on distributing the currency and setting up the requirements for Pi’s consensus algorithm, 2) a testnet where we begin to experiment with decentralized validation of transactions, and 3) a mainnet where transactions will be decentralized

The second prong is building out the peer-to-peer marketplace where our members can use Pi to barter goods and services. Because Pi works on mobile phones, we have the benefit of being able to pair the currency with a native marketplace. Our plan involves building an ecosystem of decentralized applications (dapps) that facilitate exchanges between members. We are already exploring the first in-app spends of Pi.

Is this app a wallet? And can we use external wallet to hold our Pi in the future?

Yes, your phones will serve as a cryptocurrency wallet that will be linked to your current accounts (number / Facebook). Like with any other public blockchain, Pi’s blockchain will also allow in-app/external wallets to hold Pi and transact with it, by submitting transactions to the blockchain directly. This is a functionality that we have currently scheduled to be provided on the Phase 3 of the project. (as a reminder we are now on phase 1 - distribution of the currency - we will then launch a Testnet as phase 2, and phase 3 is when our mainnet will be live). 

Pi aims to be much more accessible to everyday people which is why we are trying to build this integrated interface. We’ve chosen this phased implementation to make it easier for everyday people to use. We are still in our early days, and we are excited for the road ahead of us.

How does my clicking a button in the app daily prove I’m a human?

There are multiple layers into how we use your daily taps to prove you’re a human.

We use Google’s recaptcha v3 to know if a device is operated by a human or a machine. (This technology is completely invisible to most users, since they are real humans, but bots may start seeing captchas if google’s algorithm catches them).

We’ll also build our machine learning algorithm based on real users’ mining behavior to help predict bots.

Moreover, Pi’s consensus algorithm requirement (security circles) make it easy to detect bots. Bots will not have enough real people pointing at them in security circles. At best, bots would be pointing at each other with very few incoming pointers from the rest of the network. This anomaly is easy to detect with computer algorithms.

Additionally, when the Pi network enters its 3rd and final phase - Mainnet, only accounts validated to belong to distinct real individuals will be honored. In other words, even if all other methods missed out on some “bot” accounts, this user validation process will further eliminate them because bot owners will not be able to prove bots as real people with real names. That’s an additional reason we ask people to use their real names when registering with Pi to be able to claim their Pi on the Mainnet down the line.

Finally, I want to acknowledge that such click farms do exist. And in a way, being attacked by such farms would be a “good” problem to have. It means that we are truly making a difference and we attracted their attention. That’s why we are getting fully prepared for that day.

How does earning team work? How does the referral work in the Pi app?

A person can only be added to their referror’s earning team, because one user can only join Pi once using one referrer’s invitation code. After each user joins, they can build their own earning team by having new people using their own referral code to join Pi. So each user’s earning team is different from others’. Unlike the security circles where people can be added into multiple users’ circles based on trust,  and which provide the trust graph for the consensus algorithm, the earning team is the Pi ambassador program where each headcount in the world can only be claimed by one referror.

How can I become a contributor?

Pi contributor role becomes unlocked for users after they’ve finished 3 days of basic mining as Pioneer. After 3 days of mining, you will see a new icon of security circle on the home screen of the app. You can click there to start then. To become a contributor, you need to add 3-5 people who you trust into your security circle.

How do I increase my hourly earning rate?

Today, you can increase your hourly earning rate in two ways: (1) building a security circle and (2) inviting more members to join the network. The feature of building a security circle as a Contributor will be unlocked after 3-day mining as a pioneer (tap to prove being a human). Inviting more members to join the network as an Ambassador is available since you join, and each person who signs in using your referral code will give you both a 25% booster on your hourly earning rate, when both of you are mining.

When can I transfer Pi?

We would like to enable in-app transfers of Pi by Q4 2019. The feature for people to transfer Pi and start a market will be much sooner than the ability to exchange with other currencies, because the Pi network is meant to be the world’s most inclusive peer-to-peer marketplace built by the Pi community together, and Pi’s value will be backed by the time, attention, goods and services that you will be able to buy from other members of the Pi Network. Pi’s core technical team is working on building the infrastructure for that to happen.
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 07:49:35 PM

mining by building network of people? I don't know...

The idea might be innovative, but I will now install unknown app on my phone, because of privacy concerns.  You know this Pi app build by an unknown SocialChain, there is no way I would trust this seller. Especially because android app requires so much permissions.

Permissions:
read your contacts
read phone status and identity
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
receive data from Internet
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
draw over other apps
control vibration
full network access
draw over other apps

and author seems to be promoting second coin(token) in a few days, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5144479.msg51100521#msg51100521 which makes it even more suspicious.
MINEPI (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 02:52:02 AM

You get rewarded Pi coins, just by clicking the app once every 24 hours
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 03:32:04 AM

You get rewarded Pi coins, just by clicking the app once every 24 hours

interesting.
i wasen't going to touch this @ first, but i saw you had a apple app
i feel safer downloading one of those Tongue
electroneum did this, its a decent way to do a coin distro
ill prob sign up for some free coins, Good luck moving forward Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Levyathan

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 03:58:34 AM

A currency mined on mobile, huh? I don't think it was a great idea though since you cannot feel the best performance from the miner.
SyrioForElle

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 04:16:08 AM

The idea might be innovative, but I will now install unknown app on my phone, because of privacy concerns.  You know this Pi app build by an unknown SocialChain, there is no way I would trust this seller. Especially because android app requires so much permissions.

Permissions:
read your contacts
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
control vibration
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
draw over other apps
control vibration
full network access
draw over other apps

and author seems to be promoting second coin(token) in a few days, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5144479.msg51100521#msg51100521 which makes it even more suspicious.

This. In the world of crypto if it's not open source don't trust it. It's a danger to you and your coins.

No offense to the original devs, this may well be a legitimate project and I wish you all the best. But if you want permission to have total control over my phone you've got to at least show me the code I'm installing on it.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!

Please only speculate money you can afford to lose
MINEPI (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 08:10:53 PM

Currently mining on phone, is a simulation. After 24 hours of clicking the mining buttom, your earning will stop until you click it again.
On phase 3 you would be able to mine on pools, currently earnings are high as is on its initial phase.
MINEPI (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 12:02:24 AM

Permissions:
read your contacts
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
control vibration
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
draw over other apps
control vibration
full network access
draw over other apps

These permissions you mentioned are not minepi app permissions
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blockchainvault
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 02:22:55 PM

Permissions:
read your contacts
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
control vibration
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
draw over other apps
control vibration
full network access
draw over other apps

These permissions you mentioned are not minepi app permissions
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blockchainvault

You are lying. I just went by your link and expanded permisssions and copied and pasted it here.  It what google says, it also says future versions may require  additional  permissions, just in case the list looks short
MINEPI (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 12:39:08 AM

If anyone is interested on minepi and do not want to start from zero
I could sell you my crypto facebook account which is registered with minepi network
If you start today you will earn around 22 pi coins per day
My account has 12,000 coins and is earning around 500 coins per day
If you are interested we could make deal on a legit website on social media accounts marketplace
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: