Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Waves the Most Overrated Altcoin?  (Read 10586 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 06:27:40 AM

I bought waves a while back.  I always thought waves would be big and people say it would beat ETH.  Well besides the price going up a lot when every other coin went sky high a while ago, this coin has shown no progress at all.  The price has done nothing but drop down or when other altcoins go up, it barely goes up much.  Also most ppl definitely bought waves at higher than the current price.

What confuses me is how is this possible when there are so many updates and things going with waves?  Shouldn't the price at least go up a bit?

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 06:42:32 AM

you keep saying "when other altcoins go up" as if Waves is the only coin dropping while everything else is rising! that is not true. all the altcoins are getting dumped these days because bitcoin price is rising, that is not something specific to Waves or any other altcoin, it is because people are exiting altcoins and going back to what they have always cared for investing in (that is bitcoin).

in altcoin market if you want profit, then you should learn how to trade instead of buying and bag holding and hoping for a rise. that strategy will never work.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 07:08:09 AM

Waves has huge community, Waves platform is open source Block chain platform for cutting edge dApps, Waves has its own DEX, In my prediction Wvws will be in top five in next year.

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 07:14:32 AM

Waves is  huge community,huge company.Maybe we see no progress on waves this past few years but when the devs started to work on getting waves on the top it would be easy i assure you.Its just happend to be dormamt noe adays

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 07:16:16 AM

Its very much controlled by the early investors who bought a ton of it. This token must have been worth much more along with ETH but were not growing because there ain't much dapps created on it and their platform has tons of scam tokens. I am one of those who also hold the token since 2016 but right now there is not much hope for it. If soon I can login to the account I have or perhaps when I receive the Vostoks, I might dump this as well.

okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 07:18:01 AM

The cryptocurrency market does not have a generally accepted means of price increase, every coin price answer to the demands for it at the exchange market and wave is not the only coin that did not rise during this bull run there are other coins with the same price decrease in the face of this rise. Wave is a great coin and I believe it will recover very soon.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 07:23:20 AM

Waves is a solid alt but very much prone to pump and dumps. Like all the alts this is nothing unusual, but the reality of things. If you want proof, lLook at how Waves price dropped to a few satoshis on binance for just a few minutes on April 17. This is an example of classical pump and dump. I had hoped that some of the ETH competitors, like Waves, would have replaced ETH by now. This is not happening and who knows if it will ever happen. Maybe all these "ETH replacements" should look for another "unique selling point" to market their coins. So Waves should probably find one too.
sopanbmp

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 07:24:05 AM

i'm really have faith on this coin once, something weird happened on 17 April 2019 masiv dump on binance, I don't know what the hack is that? then I simply sold my Waves . i'm losing trust with this coin .
yeah Waves is very overrated, there are so many coin better than waves like NEO, EOS, IOST etc.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:21:31 AM

2017 - news will usually pump the price
2018 - only few people buy the news

What confuses me is how is this possible when there are so many updates and things going with waves?  Shouldn't the price at least go up a bit?
You are still living in 2017.
I don't think it is overrated. The price may not be performing well as people like you are expecting but the development is still going.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 10:25:18 AM

WAVE is always different. lol. It often moves contrary to the market. If you remember, when the market collapsed it increased up to $5. But I hope that it will not continue this kind of long.
Simple_Plan

Activity: 113
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:28:32 AM

The advantage of Waves is that it's one of the earliest altcoin and hence have a large community. Truth is, like many other altcoins, Waves has no serious real product, aside from Waves Dex with poor volume. I have a bad feeling that sooner or later, Waves will become an abandoned project.

∞ HYPNOXYS | A Backed Protocol To Decentralize The Chatting Industry
visit : www.hypnoxys.com
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:31:08 AM

Once upon a time I was a fan of waves platform. Not anymore! Their team really sucks. They have no interest to take the product to the next level by adding some features instead they focus more on partnerships and others.
Waves platform is really easy to use. Anybody can create a token easily unlike ethereum. No coding knowledge needed.

Blah blah
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:53:57 AM

I just noticed that only waves did not grew from the top altcoins. I think, not only I noticed it Grin, and i want to buy some waves now, because price will grow up anyway if in the whole market the bull trend continues.
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:57:36 AM

waves is good project, with smart contracts and decentralized exchange too, also  this project have strong community and smart dev
i believe for now waves price is undervalued my friend, you should increase your patience, soon or later waves price will increase my friend

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:14:23 AM

2017 - news will usually pump the price
2018 - only few people buy the news

What confuses me is how is this possible when there are so many updates and things going with waves?  Shouldn't the price at least go up a bit?
You are still living in 2017.
I don't think it is overrated. The price may not be performing well as people like you are expecting but the development is still going.

news has never pumped any altcoin to want to start in 2017 or now. the pumpers have always pumped altcoins and they are not magicians so they can't pump any altcoin at any time. the timing has to be good and that altcoin should not already be pumped.
in 2017 the altcoins were pumping and have not yet been pumped so they could get pumps and they did do that. but in 2018 they were already super pumped so nobody could pump them anymore, instead they dumped them which is the next step.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:35:34 AM

WAVES is just a platform for shittokens due to its simplicity. This is a shame because it is actually a great project, but unless the cryptosphere gets cleaned up waves will continue to attract scam projects while good ones move to tezos, cardano, perhaps ethereum too

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:49:30 AM

Actually, it is not that bad.

Their project is really good and their dex is better than most of dexes. But the problem is projects doesn't choose waves blockchain and because of that their price stays low.

iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 12:47:19 PM

I think the problems with Waves is that it is so easy to issue tokens on the platform that many really useless tokens have been created and that has damaged the platforms reputation. I have about 50 different wave tokens in my wallet that I never asked for, they are just spam that got airdropped to me. The spammers did not even bother to give them decent names. They are called Atoken, Btoken, Ctoken, Dtoken....etc.

Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 01:42:51 PM

Waves has huge community, Waves platform is open source Block chain platform for cutting edge dApps, Waves has its own DEX, In my prediction Wvws will be in top five in next year.

Basically, almost all of the altcoins are listed to a Decentralized Exchange, or what do you really means when you say, it has its own DEX? Am I mistaken? I wonder really if you are pertaining to an exchange like forkdelta, or maybe assuming that this coin is listed on a DEX? Sorry please enlighten me about it.
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 01:45:05 PM

Waves have one of the biggest communities in crypto and they all love their coins. But i started to think they are not buying it because waves never care pumps on the crypto market. Is it overrated, not sure.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: