Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:25:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the wallets you have been used in the past and currently using?  (Read 716 times)
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 04:14:39 AM

For bitcoin wallet i used online/web bitcoin wallet blockchain in the past but not anymore and i'm using electrum dekstop wallet for now. For altcoins wallet, i always using myetherwallet since the old time until today, still the same wallet, why? Because i trusted this wallet and never had a single problem until now.
mersal (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:12:27 AM

For bitcoin wallet i used online/web bitcoin wallet blockchain in the past but not anymore and i'm using electrum dekstop wallet for now. For altcoins wallet, i always using myetherwallet since the old time until today, still the same wallet, why? Because i trusted this wallet and never had a single problem until now.
MEW is still the safest and more convenient for the normal users like us where we are not going to keep them in millions so its perfectly safe while we are keeping those private keys safe.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:15:43 AM

I have used almost all the wallets out there from hot wallet to cold wallet. Right now, I'm using bitpay on my mobile and bitcoin core on my pc. For small transactions, mostly I use coinbase or blockchain.com, because those are accessible from anywhere. However, I don't store more than 0.05 btc in web wallet. For ethereum and its token, I use MEW.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:24:54 AM

I don't really choose the wallet, if there is trader using the wallet to save the coin and he says it is good then I will also use it, and to save ETH assets, I use MEW
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 08:27:26 AM

Lets talk about what wallets we have been using in the past and now,which will be helpful for the people to find our right wallets for their needs.

If you changed wallets from one to another then you also can mention the reasons.

I am currently using electrum for storing bitcoin and stored my private keys in hard drive and MEW for ethereum and tokens.I did used coinbase when I was new but lately found that it is not safe to hold cryptos for long.
Well I am the kind of person that always love to explore new things once they are being launched into the space, this is why it would be very difficult to mention all the wallet I have used in the past, though some of the include, coinpayment.net, block.io, blockchain,info, free wallet, coinbase, luno, xapo, bitpay and currently I am making use of coinomi. From all the wallet I have made use of in time past, I have more confidence making use of coinomi.
bellaayu

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 08:38:53 AM

Almost all the coins I have been using the Ethereum platform. So I used MEW and so far the wallet is very safe. I was very fortunate to have never experienced a wallet hack. For a safe and secure wallet, we should be able to take care of it safely. Like, don't store private keys in places that you frequently use data for online. And don't easily believe it with others.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 09:09:12 AM

Lets talk about what wallets we have been using in the past and now,which will be helpful for the people to find our right wallets for their needs.

If you changed wallets from one to another then you also can mention the reasons.

I am currently using electrum for storing bitcoin and stored my private keys in hard drive and MEW for ethereum and tokens.I did used coinbase when I was new but lately found that it is not safe to hold cryptos for long.
Well, when I first ever started I was using the default bitcoin wallet, the one that you download to your computer and everyone knows, the real wallet of bitcoin.

It wasn't for too long though because that required me to keep it on my own computer and my computer was very old at that time so I was thinking about changing it for sure so I wanted to move to an online wallet until I got a new laptop and then would move back into real wallet (never happened). So I found blockchain.info (now blockchain.com) and I used that for years and years, probably until 2016 I was using them, they didn't had changing wallets at the time, now anytime you want to deposit it gives you a new wallet and I hate that.

So, I moved to primedice, I know it was a gambling place but at least they were trustworthy and I knew nothing would happen to my coins there. Now I am using binance, I know they had some issues recently and they are always attacked so I am looking to switch to ledger nano soon, I just need to convince my wife to let me buy a usb stick looking thing for that much money Cheesy.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Godstrength

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:28:15 AM

I was first using MEW for my ETH and now have Coolwallet (a hardware wallet) for my BTC and other alts. I didn't really switch because both are good and only issues I'm getting are whenever there are updates on the hardware one but asides from that, I'm okay. There are other hardware wallets that I'm taking a look at now, one of them can store your digital collectibles together with other major coins. Its like a wallet made for fun, and pure crypto at the same time. What is everyone's thoughts on hardware wallets and are they a good alternative to mew or blockchain.com?
HodlerKing101

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:30:30 AM

I was first using MEW for my ETH and now have Coolwallet (a hardware wallet) for my BTC and other alts. I didn't really switch because both are good and only issues I'm getting are whenever there are updates on the hardware one but asides from that, I'm okay. There are other hardware wallets that I'm taking a look at now, one of them can store your digital collectibles together with other major coins. Its like a wallet made for fun, and pure crypto at the same time. What is everyone's thoughts on hardware wallets and are they a good alternative to mew or blockchain.com?
Yeah, I don't see any harm in hardware wallets at all since it also provides another layer of security to avoid you from getting hacked.
mersal (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 12:31:03 PM

Well, when I first ever started I was using the default bitcoin wallet, the one that you download to your computer and everyone knows, the real wallet of bitcoin.

It wasn't for too long though because that required me to keep it on my own computer and my computer was very old at that time so I was thinking about changing it for sure so I wanted to move to an online wallet until I got a new laptop and then would move back into real wallet (never happened). So I found blockchain.info (now blockchain.com) and I used that for years and years, probably until 2016 I was using them, they didn't had changing wallets at the time, now anytime you want to deposit it gives you a new wallet and I hate that.

So, I moved to primedice, I know it was a gambling place but at least they were trustworthy and I knew nothing would happen to my coins there. Now I am using binance, I know they had some issues recently and they are always attacked so I am looking to switch to ledger nano soon, I just need to convince my wife to let me buy a usb stick looking thing for that much money Cheesy.
I think you have to buy it soon or atleast move to any wallet with private key because even trustworthy sites will face attacks and we might not able to control our funds at the time or we will completely lose them so better use elctrum's latest version for storing your bitcoin and move the funds later once you convinced your wife. Grin
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 12:47:57 PM

I could remember that the first wallet I used when I bought bitcoin was blockchain and later I started using Imtoken wallet to store ethereum. Recently I came across Trust wallet and I really like the features because it can store nearly all Cryptos.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
Lolox

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 12:55:13 PM

Hardware wallets may be safer. But all depends on the coin you have. In a few years, MEW is very safe and my coins are not in the Retas. I used to have lost the coin so I replaced the wallet immediately. But my coins were already lost. Now I'm not only wearing one wallet but some MEW wallet.

P A R A M O U N T ▬▬  DAX  ▬▬                    Digital E X C H A N G E
██ [   We have a license   ◾ F V R 0 0 0 3 6 3   ◾ F R K 0 0 0 3 0 4   ] ██
WHITEPAPER   ◥ bitcointalk   ◥ twitter   ◥ facebook      | ► JOIN NOW
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 01:53:01 PM

It is safe to hold crypto for long but it not safe to keep your asset on exchanges. I started with imtoken wallet and i have been consistent with it until this moment, what i like about it is that bitcoin can also be stored on it.
mersal (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 05:19:31 AM

In the past i use blockchain wallet,myetherwallet then i use trading site wallet for tokens and some alts because even that's risky i trust that i will not experience scam or hack like there's a lot of ways to avoid that

Then now i only use our country wallet like we have fiat currency converter in this and many trading site still better always to save or hold the affordable for you then for security use hardwallet like this is really safe
Atleast check that they have vault and hot wallet then even if there is a hack then only the hot wallet can be hacked like we have in coinbase.But exchange or P2P site is also cannot be saved from all their secuirty measures because all their wallets will get hacked not only the individual wallets.
mersal (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 07:36:28 AM

For mobile wallet I use vechainthor app(android) .
Never heard about this wallet before,how long you have been using it?

Google search about vechainthor wallet take me to non english page and also not much of reviews for them yet,if you are newly using it then check again before holding huge amount on it.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:09:23 AM

I don't really choose the wallet, if there is trader using the wallet to save the coin and he says it is good then I will also use it, and to save ETH assets, I use MEW
Don ‘t choose a wallet because a trader introduce it to you, I know that s how we get to know some of the thing we know in crypto, which is through people, but after getting the necessary introduction to any wallet, we still have to do a further research on it.

The reason why I am saying this is because I have once lost few of my coins to a bad wallet being introduced to me by a friend who was not even certain of their effectiveness, until I personally researched Exodus wallet out and installed it on my computer, and ever since I started using exodus, I have never had any issue, it has its private key and so many transactions can do within it.
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:22:05 AM

I use blockchain.com and MEW I am completely satisfied with these wallets both in functionality and security, but I always want to expand the list of cryptocurrencies to store in them. I also want to buy a hardware wallet for greater reliability, now I just choose, at the moment I am inclined to buy Trezor.

BCTS

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:06:35 AM

I try to use the official coin purses and keep the other part on the stock exchange. I know that it is not safe to keep coins on the stock exchange, but I am constantly engaged in trade and this is a necessity. Third-party wallets do not inspire confidence in me.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 01:29:27 PM

Im not using electrum wallet since there was a hack / malware incident in the past.
For ethereum coin and tokens, im using myetherwallet and metamask to send and receive eth and tokens.
The most important thing is you should have 2 wallet. 1 main wallet for holding, and 1 other wallet for transacting.

trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:34:00 PM

Coinbase is nice wallet. It is popular, safe and easy. Here, it is the company, which is responsible for the control of your cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin). My cousin, however, uses Trezor
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: