Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google and Huawei - the start of new era?  (Read 398 times)
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 03:17:05 AM

I never thought the simple access of Google for Huawei was a political stunt? Is there any proof of it? Is it just another theory? Either way, I think Huawei will overcome this. They were smart enough to build up a name for their company — I know they’ll be enough to provide software for their users. Maybe that'll be the start of better software. It’s like an android 2.0 thing, or they might also discover the future? A rising of something new? There are endless possibilities, plus I know there are lots of brilliant minds behind it.

Or maybe this is just all in our minds? The conspiracy theories are forming. We will never know what happens behind the curtains.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 5664

Blackjack.fun🎲

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 02:16:32 PM

They were smart enough to build up a name for their company — I know they’ll be enough to provide software for their users. 

It is not only about OS, but also about hardware that Huawei is using in their devices. Many known manufacturers have already stopped delivering parts to Huawei, and some of them are Panasonic and a German manufacturer of chips Infineon. We also know that Huawei flagship phones have superior cameras and they can thank for that lenses from Leica which is also German company. In order to continue with production Huawei do not need only new OS, they need to find / produce almost all hardware.

I never thought the simple access of Google for Huawei was a political stunt?

Of course this is a political decision, Google is say that they proceed with this decision with support of White House, or better to say in a way Trump is ask from them. But brain behind operation China is Michael Pillsbury(Trump adviser), and if you read his book The Hundred-Year Marathon, some things become much clearer.

It is not only about Huawei, US is put on black list more then 70 Chinese companies so far.

TeQuiero

Activity: 120
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:58:06 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2019, 06:02:23 AM by TeQuiero
Merited by Lucius (1)

In order to continue with production Huawei do not need only new OS, they need to find / produce almost all hardware.
That's the point. Expecting Huawei to bring something fresh is a bit too naive, IMO. They can build their own OS, memory card or even camera lens but they barely can create a chipset without ARM's license (almost all mobile chipsets on the market including Huawei's Kirin are based on ARM architecture) or it will take decades to do so. A scenario that Huawei continues violating those IP rights to produce in domestic market or lives on their new OS with a poor uncompetitive ecosystem. Either way, it's not what Huawei and Chinese government want.

I never thought the simple access of Google for Huawei was a political stunt? Is there any proof of it? Is it just another theory?
Whether you like it or not, China has become a United States' political threat on White House's global leader role. You can find out more on this in the following articles: China is replacing the US in a new global order, whether the world likes it or not, Will China Replace the US Global Role? or Is China challenging the United States for global leadership?. Clearly with all these Huawei's massive ban combining with import taxes, Trump wants to show Xi Jinping who really is the world's leader.

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1586

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 07:31:27 PM

As the Trump admin start changing the commerce rules in a highly unpredictable manner, I expect the following to happen:

- Price level shall increase in the US as imports become more expensive and real productivity lowers.
- Increase in number of jobs and possibly in salaries.
- Competitiveness of the US lowers mid-long term
- Distrust on the behavior of the US leads other economic blocks to search for safer alternatives.

Short term, global GDP will be hurt, while US citizens will perceive that they are better-off, until the effects of the lower competitiveness devalue the US dollar and the country becomes poorer respect to the rest.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: