Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:05:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Congrats Solidcoin, 2nd most valuable cryptocurrency.  (Read 2305 times)
steelhouse (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:26:00 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2011, 07:37:01 AM by steelhouse

From BTC-E per BTC.

1.000000 Bitcoin
0.008540 Solidcoin
0.008250 Namecoin
0.004614 LiteCoin
0.003150 Rucoin
0.000760 Tenebrix
0.000211 GeistGeld
0.000205 Fairbrix
0.000173 IXcoin

Based on highest Buy Order.  No doubt caused by implementing a 5 coin per block mining reward, creating a currency with less inflation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2011, 07:27:29 AM

*plonk*
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:37:52 AM

Nominal value is meaningless.  I mean by that logic you should cut the reward to 0.2 SC per block and it would be worth more than Bitcoin.

Of course the block reward is $0.12.  3600 SC, worth ~$86.40 are split among all the miners each day.  LOLZ!

More coins were minted in the first day then will be minted in the next year.
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:39:59 AM

From BTC-E per BTC.

1.000000 Bitcoin
0.008540 Solidcoin
0.008250 Namecoin
0.004614 LiteCoin
0.003150 Rucoin
0.000760 Tenebrix
0.000211 GeistGeld
0.000205 Fairbrix
0.000173 IXcoin

Based on highest Buy Order.  No doubt caused by implementing a 5 coin per block mining reward, creating a currency with less inflation.

Go to Solidcointalk.

Here is the Bitcoin forum.

Who ^&%%^#%% cares about SC?!
steelhouse (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:42:56 AM

Nominal value is meaningless.  I mean by that logic you should cut the reward to 0.2 SC per block and it would be worth more than Bitcoin.

Of course the block reward is $0.12.  3600 SC, worth ~$86.40 are split among all the miners each day.  LOLZ!

More coins were minted in the first day then will be minted in the next year.

I am not a fan of SC due to the fact I mined from the 1st minute on the 1st day and got nothing the 1st day.  However, I do admire his technology.  I want IxC and IOC to implement a 1 coin reward per block with merged mining, then I can run a business off it.
steelhouse (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:46:12 AM

Besides this belongs in Trading Discussion.

Nonsense I am talking about solidcoin and other cryptocurrencies showing the relative value of each, no trading involved.  My motive is to get merged mining going on ixc and ioc with 1 coin permanent reward per block.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:50:21 AM

Nonsense I am talking about solidcoin and other cryptocurrencies showing the relative value of each, no trading involved.  My motive is to get merged mining going on ixc and ioc with 1 coin permanent reward per block.

Why to pull off the same bait and switch ass-clownery as ScamCoin?

So early adopters got millions of coins and late adopters will get a "whole coin".   Grin

Yeah that has a future beyond a short lived pump and dump.
steelhouse (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:55:49 AM

So early adopters got millions of coins and late adopters will get a "whole coin".   Grin

I got a small share of IXC and IOC about 20K each.  But you have to remember you can say the same thing about bitcoin.  As soon as the mining ends everytime a trade takes place the distribution will be more fair.  About 1.5 million BTC trade on MTGOX every month, if BTC mining slowed to 5 a block, the price would really skyrocket and businesses would take off.  Like they did when it was increasing in value before. 
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:02:29 AM

I got a small share of IXC and IOC about 20K each.  But you have to remember you can say the same thing about bitcoin.  As soon as the mining ends everytime a trade takes place the distribution will be more fair.  About 1.5 million BTC trade on MTGOX every month, if BTC mining slowed to 5 a block, the price would really skyrocket and businesses would take off.  Like they did when it was increasing in value before. 

Funny you see it as small.  If block reward went to 1 that is 20,000 blocks worth of rewards.  All miners would share roughly 40,000 coins over the next year.  So what you made in a matter of hours as only a tiny fraction of the network others should take years or even decades to acquire.

You can't be so blinded to see it serves nobody except you (and other holders of that near worthless currency). 
CoinHumper

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:14:16 AM

Why would anyone want IXC and I0C to merge mine, that's as retarded as a SC/GG Merge Mine.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:23:32 AM

From BTC-E per BTC.

1.000000 Bitcoin
0.008540 Solidcoin
0.008250 Namecoin
0.004614 LiteCoin
0.003150 Rucoin
0.000760 Tenebrix
0.000211 GeistGeld
0.000205 Fairbrix
0.000173 IXcoin

flame flame (EVEN SOME CAPS) where's the I0coin price - grump grump

(yeah, it's late here, and the list is quite interesting and funny at the same time)
CoinHumper

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:29:19 AM

Where did you see IXC traded?
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 01:37:27 PM

Steelie-

This is becoming almost laughable! You continue to post the most fractured, inane fantasies about what you WANT or are TRYING TO HAVE HAPPEN. Merge two dead coins that were created as pump and dump satirical digs at shortbus coin? Reduce block rewards to 1? Why stop there? If 1 is good, .00000000000001 would be even better!! Let's have the entire network mine for one whole coin for the next decade!!

You want an altcoin that traditional merchants will accept- that's commendable. You want to do so by adopting the most toxic altcoin as you favorite, and then careen off on some twisted tangent about resurrecting necrocoins simply because you own a few thousand of them? Rational businesspeople would read your thoughts, and quietly dismiss you as one of those special people who they tend to prefer don't do business with them. You want to be a bazillionjillionaire because you mined tens of thousands of coins that were an intentional middle finger to the market? It isn't going to happen. Value is established by trading, necrocoins don't trade and altcoins in general are, with the possible exceptions of nmc and ltc, nothing more than elaborate jokes to test out theories about just how truly monumentally foolish some people are.

Dude- you wasted that electricity. No matter how passionate your pleading, you were baboozled, conned, swindled, taken to the cleaners, ripped off and had your gentle soul and good nature taken advantage of. You make yourself look a prize ass to continue to flog these silly schemes, and it is high time one of the adults took you aside and suggested you stop.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:42:09 PM

Steelie-

This is becoming almost laughable! You continue to post the most fractured, inane fantasies about what you WANT or are TRYING TO HAVE HAPPEN. Merge two dead coins that were created as pump and dump satirical digs at shortbus coin? Reduce block rewards to 1? Why stop there? If 1 is good, .00000000000001 would be even better!! Let's have the entire network mine for one whole coin for the next decade!!

You want an altcoin that traditional merchants will accept- that's commendable. You want to do so by adopting the most toxic altcoin as you favorite, and then careen off on some twisted tangent about resurrecting necrocoins simply because you own a few thousand of them? Rational businesspeople would read your thoughts, and quietly dismiss you as one of those special people who they tend to prefer don't do business with them. You want to be a bazillionjillionaire because you mined tens of thousands of coins that were an intentional middle finger to the market? It isn't going to happen. Value is established by trading, necrocoins don't trade and altcoins in general are, with the possible exceptions of nmc and ltc, nothing more than elaborate jokes to test out theories about just how truly monumentally foolish some people are.

Dude- you wasted that electricity. No matter how passionate your pleading, you were baboozled, conned, swindled, taken to the cleaners, ripped off and had your gentle soul and good nature taken advantage of. You make yourself look a prize ass to continue to flog these silly schemes, and it is high time one of the adults took you aside and suggested you stop.

How many Litecoins do you own?
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:54:53 PM

Steelie-

128 billion Wink
LoupGaroux

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:57:02 PM

When I checked all my wallets, and what is banked on the pool that I mine with, that answer would be: 10.56.

Were you hoping to make a point about my dramatic stash of litecoins and how desperately I must be shilling for ltc to try to gouge others? Sorry- I sell 'em as fast as I make 'em. I don't even worry about the vagaries of the market value. It is one tiny trickle that contributes to my overall activity in the cryptocoin world.

To anticipate on the i0 & iX question, I have something like 50,000 each of those that are left over from the collapse of trade at BitParking. Not as far ahead as I wanted to be, but still in the money on those arbitrage efforts. And I could not care less about them.
steelhouse (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:07:33 PM

Steelie-

lol.  when ixc reaches gold parity you will see.
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:12:41 PM

lol.  when ixc reaches gold parity you will see.

Could I have the name of your dealer ? You are obviously getting WAAAY better stuff than I am.

How on earth do you ever expect a branch like IXC to reach gold parity ?
randomguy7

Activity: 527

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:29:10 PM

ixc coins will be very scarce in the future

(because nobody is going to mine them Grin, just like scamcoin)
LoupGaroux

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:22:13 PM

lol.  when ixc reaches gold parity you will see.
Really? You truly, honestly believe that somehow this incredibly tacky little joke altcoin that was made to say "up yours mate!" to sc and is nothing more tangible than a contrived electronic representation of some perceived value granted by nothing more than the tacit agreement of a few dozen anonymous individuals around the planet for the time frame of a couple of weeks last summer at best, is going to reach PARITY, as in:

1par·i·ty
noun \ˈper-ə-tē, ˈpa-rə-\
plural par·i·ties
Definition of PARITY
: the quality or state of being equal or equivalent
a : equivalence of a commodity price expressed in one currency to its price expressed in another b : equality of purchasing power established by law between different kinds of money at a given ratio
: an equivalence between farmers' current purchasing power and their purchasing power at a selected base period maintained by government support of agricultural commodity prices

with Gold- that delightful soft yellow metal that has been the single most prevalent physical measure of value since our species climbed up out of the primordial ooze and noticed that first shiny thing and used it to trade for some wooly mammoth steaks some 12,000 years ago?

Uh huh. Yup, that is certainly going to happen sometime before our Sun goes super-nova that's for damn sure. Using the current block count and the spot price of gold about three minutes ago, your faith in iXc's is worth $ 5,464,166,400.00 in current US$. That's FIVE AND A HALF BILLION, assuming not one more block is ever mined starting right now. That means that the iXc trading market, with not one single future addition, fee or mined block will be worth more than the 2010 GDP of Guyana, Sierra Leone, Suriname, Fiji, Bhutan, Eritrea, Gambia, Central African Republic, Lesotho, Burundi, Timor-Leste, Belize, Maldives, Djibouti,   St. Lucia, Seychelles,   Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Antigua and Barbuda, Liberia, Solomon Islands, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa, Dominica, St. Kitts and Nevis, Comoros, Tonga, Kiribati, São Tomé and Príncipe, or Tuvalu?

I'm all for dreams, but is that maybe just a pinch over the top?   
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: