Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:08:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not money  (Read 11590 times)
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 02:38:18 PM

When we label something as money, it must be having two important characteristics. First of all, it must be accepted in a majority of the shops and retail stores. And secondly, it must have a stable exchange rate versus the universal trade currency (i.e the United States Dollar). Unfortunately, right now Bitcoin is devoid of both these characteristics.

i do not agree with this, i think btc can be regarded as money because like you said it possess the qualities or characteristics that can be seen in money or any medium of exchange, money represent a medium of exchange or something that is use to transact same thing applies to btc, most people regard btc as a store of value so they they hold on to it, and you can not tell me that btc is not use as medium of exchange or for transactions in both online and offline stores this days, long time ago btc was use to purchase pizza Grin just like you can use fiat, btc already possess this qualities and can be regarded as money, the acceptance maybe limited.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 02:46:28 PM

LOL, you must be an artist OP comparing bitcoin to arts and I respect your point of view since bitcoin is also important nowadays just like artists do on their artwork. Yet, the most common thing that an individual will going to compare on bitcoin is definitely that bitcoin is more like a money, a digital money. Thus, it allows other user to transact using bitcoin as a medium for exchange and besides many had believe its worth this is why the market price of bitcoin has made a huge increase.

Another thing is that there could be a possible hype that will lead bitcoin to bull run.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:11:43 PM

Bitcoin is not money.

It is more an artwork with 21,000,000 limited editions. And each limited edition contains 100,000,000 limited pieces. (satoshis)

Your wrong bitcoin is digital currency you can use it to pay bills same like fiat and if you want to make a real money you can sell it into the exchange,much better research properly what is bitcoin so that you can get idea and how important it is.
davit putra
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:12:47 PM

But bitcoin can have use as a payment process, and I don't think deeply about it and the most important thing for me is that bitcoin can have use as a currency and also as an asset.

Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:25:04 PM

Bitcoin is not money.

It is more an artwork with 21,000,000 limited editions. And each limited edition contains 100,000,000 limited pieces. (satoshis)
You should learn more before saying something like this  Roll Eyes
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 05:27:06 PM

@OP how else can you describe a medium of exchange if you don't think btc is money? i think your point of view is very wrong and should be changed, btc could be definitely regarded as money money because it clearly serves some of the major purpose real money can serve which is been use as a medium of exchange, as a store of value, any other thing is secondary Grin this two to me comes first, even though i have not use btc to buy anything yet but many are using it to transact without stress, btc is evolving you should know that.
KlepZ

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:52:37 PM

The crypto analyst and investor, Joseph Young suggests that the bank has released the statement as per the crypto assets being unprintable. Though this is an absurd manner to qualify a monetary asset as ‘money’, the bank does praise the technology in the working behind bitcoin. The technology, being the entire crypto protocols, most specifically, decentralization is breakthrough and can make up for some decent projects in the future.
Sabrin

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:57:48 PM

This is very confusing topic about bitcoin. As Bitcoin is not money But Bitcoin is money. Grin Tongue Roll Eyes Huh
So you have to say Bitcoin is money But not a paper Money.
My opinion, Bitcoin is Virtual money
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:08:11 PM

Bitcoin is defined as “crypto-currency/digital currency” and currency is money so its money for me. Bitcoin consist numbers and so does money. Your definition and mine do not change what it is anyway. For some it is an asset, a store of value, for some they buy pizza and coffee with it so really dont make sense how we call it.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:40:01 PM

When we label something as money, it must be having two important characteristics. First of all, it must be accepted in a majority of the shops and retail stores. And secondly, it must have a stable exchange rate versus the universal trade currency (i.e the United States Dollar). Unfortunately, right now Bitcoin is devoid of both these characteristics.

Honestly, Bitcoin looks more money than a paper dollar bill. Check the comparison https://www.wallstreetmojo.com/money-vs-currency/

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Sabrin

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:43:07 PM

Bitcoin is not money But Bitcoin is money. So you have to say bitcoin is not a paper money Bitcoin is a digital money.
My opinion Bitcoin is a virtual money
idham29

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 02:01:48 AM

Bitcoin is defined as “crypto-currency/digital currency” and currency is money so its money for me. Bitcoin consist numbers and so does money. Your definition and mine do not change what it is anyway. For some it is an asset, a store of value, for some they buy pizza and coffee with it so really dont make sense how we call it.
If the definition of money must be physical, such as US Dollar, Pounsterling or Euro, it is certainly difficult to say that bitcoin is money. But if you see its function as a legitimate payment instrument in a country that legalizes bitcoin, it is money that is used digitally.
In my opinion, it can be concluded that bitcoin is future money that is used digitally, so there must be additional devices so that transactions can be carried out, namely the internet and computers or cellphones.

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:19:20 AM

Bitcoin is not money.

Bitcoin is more than money its holding asset for me its more value than gold having limited supply i was getting gold for future purpose now i concentrate on collecting bitcoin . Hope in future even 1 Piece ( satoshi) will equal to 1 $.
it's true that if you have assets, and you hold your own assets, I think the best investment for now is bitcoin
luxearn

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:58:03 AM

Bitcoin is not money.

You can see that although at the moment the price of bitcoin is very high and is at $ 8600/1 Bitcoin, for me bitcoin is still not a currency because simply bitcoin is not recognized by countries around the world. and for legal circulation.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:27:58 AM

If the definition of money must be physical, such as US Dollar, Pounsterling or Euro, it is certainly difficult to say that bitcoin is money. But if you see its function as a legitimate payment instrument in a country that legalizes bitcoin, it is money that is used digitally.
In my opinion, it can be concluded that bitcoin is future money that is used digitally, so there must be additional devices so that transactions can be carried out, namely the internet and computers or cellphones.

It seems you are interchanging terms here.  I think you are refering about currency.  Money doesn't have a physical entity.  If we goes by your definition of money then what can you say about online money transfers?  I would refer you to my previous post that discuss about the difference of a currency and money.

Please check the link, there is an infographics that state the difference between currency and money
                  ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
..snipped

Honestly, Bitcoin looks more money than a paper dollar bill. Check the comparison https://www.wallstreetmojo.com/money-vs-currency/

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:42:26 AM

Bitcoin is not money.

21,000,000(21M) can't actually be limited edition. Why not we face bitcoins as they are instead of comparing them to any such kind of stuffs. Bitcoins are not yet compared to money but we should expect that bitcoins has the benefits and guts to overcome money and even rule the financial systems. There are a lot of markets currently which are accepting bitcoins as a legal mean of payment on their platform which is actively converting bitcoins from an artwork to a monetary financial system and it is our whole and sole duty to accept bitcoins in the form they could benefit us. Each single satoshi is going to have vast importance in the coming time.

BL46K 7193R

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:09:56 AM

Of course bitcoin is money and it is the most famouse cryptocurrency in the world. Bitcoin is digital money. Many people send and received bitcoin as a money. So if you say that bitcoin is not money then I will tell you that you are wrong. You should need a proper knowledge about bitcoin. I think bitcoin is the best money in the world. Bitcoin is money there is no doubt here.

Thank you
sunilnagaraja1996

Activity: 233
Merit: 50

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:57:13 AM

it's is money, it means this is digital money so we can buy anything and we can pay bills also but it's value depends on market cap so this price is keep on changing.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 11:56:35 AM

Bitcoin for me is money, even We can't able to touch it literally but it can convert into fiat currency which is the real money.
Then bitcoin has a similarity into credit card were its an electronic payment not physical money but can able to dispense currency. aside from
their differences was that Credit card categorized on centralize based system while Bitcoin is decentralize.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:41:31 PM

As long as you can use something as universal means of exchange it is money. You can use bottle caps like the ones in that game fallout if people agree to use them. It's best if the money is limited in supply so that people cannot make them at home and acceptable and that's all you need.

Bitcoin is still not accepted all around the world but it's already accepted in enough places to be called money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: