Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 12:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What brings you to alt coins?  (Read 657 times)
Mastermine (OP)

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:26:40 PM

I am currently in the process of a big project that will soon be released here on bitcointalk and around the world.  I need the help of all the newbies here to give me some thoughts about advertisement aswell as thoughts about implementations. 

So my question is.  Why are you here?  What brought you to crypto currency? What coin caught your eye and why?  Did someone tell you about it? Or was it just the overwhelming news of bitcoin that has been around that sparked your interest?

Also what keeps your interest in a coin? What would make you truely dedicate yourself to a coin?  Me personally its potential.  Price has nothing to do with it as price is always variable and personally i see profitability charts as a joke (the ones used by multipools to calculate what will mine/sell right NOW for the most).  These multipools around seem to suck the lives out of coins so my personal opinion is any coin with some form of protection against this is a step ahead.  Aswell as rewards to those that truely dedicate themselves.  I also personally like stake options that give rewards to those that hold there coins.

I plan to bring all of this together and much more but I want to know what do you want from a coin?  What do you expect from the developers?

Your voice will soon be heard.
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:39:43 PM

What coin caught your eye and why?

The first coin that caught my attention (after bitcoin) was Goldcoin (GLD) and it was for the obvious reason - it had the best name by far.

But then I started to learn more about the secret development that was ongoing and the developer's plan to release a state of the art java client with a 51% attack defense system. Then I started to look at the community to get a well rounded picture of the coin.

What I discovered was that the market had somehow severely undervalued the coin and I could obtain it for a mere one-cent per coin. It has a similar circulation to Litecoin which is $14.00. But why was litecoin $14 and goldcoin $.01? Sure there should be a difference, but not a complete and total disconnect.

So it was a no brainer for me to invest at one cent and now hold until the market discovers the true value of this golden coin.  

E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:43:20 PM

Well being very honest i don't really deal or trade in with alt coins. The only matter why iam holding so many is for the investment purpose as i believe it will go high like bitcoin one day.
Juret

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:47:08 PM

Diversification. Just like VC, most will fail but 1 can rise tremendously.
wallstreetcoiner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:21:01 PM

Welcome to Bitcointalk.org!  Grin

You have arrived at the right place at the right time. We're getting ready to experience a rebound in both Bitcoin and altcoins. What you're going to see are a few of the most oversold coins rebounding stronger than others. The planets seem to aligning for Goldcoin (GLD) at the moment as the release of their new java client and upcoming endorsement by a national political party seem to be coinciding with this general rebound.

In two years time, I think you'll find Goldcoin in the top three of cryptocurrencies. It's currently trading around one penny.
Pony789

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:41:02 PM

welcome to bitcointalk!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: