Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC and Gold?  (Read 12041 times)
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:43:10 AM

This topic has been discussed here so many times, I think to compare both currencies is not making any sense

There is nothing wrong on comparing them and how can you dare say that there is no sense to compare them ? It wont only make sense if you will reply nonsensical post  .

gold is a highly valued asset and also bitcoin, but they have different qualities and markets. Bitcoin is still very far from stability like gold. But I think this is all in the future. This can be achieved if the regulator helps restore order.

Afaik , gold is a stable asset but bitcoin is not and i dont think that bitcoin can soon be stabilize even if it will be regulated but i dont also think that it can be regulated because bitcoin is decentralized and cant be controlled  .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zee11225

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 02:46:32 AM

You found a good article on Gold Vs Btc. I think Gold is stable it's not so volatile as btc is .However People love btc cause it is so volatile .If you look at at the chart of Gold you can find it on long stable moment so that if you store it you could't get profited .On the other hand if you store btc sooner or later you will get your profit .For me btc is better than Gold always .
I prefer bitcoin investment compared to gold, because with bitcoin investment I can expect to get rich. This is the dream of all investors, and bitcoin has provided evidence in 2017 that many have become millionaires. This is because the price changes are very fast and very large.
It is different from gold investment where the price changes are very slow, so gold investors who get rich are basically rich, because to buy gold as an investment already requires very large capital.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 03:53:07 AM

This topic has been discussed here so many times, I think to compare both currencies is not making any sense

There is nothing wrong on comparing them and how can you dare say that there is no sense to compare them ? It wont only make sense if you will reply nonsensical post  .

gold is a highly valued asset and also bitcoin, but they have different qualities and markets. Bitcoin is still very far from stability like gold. But I think this is all in the future. This can be achieved if the regulator helps restore order.

Afaik , gold is a stable asset but bitcoin is not and i dont think that bitcoin can soon be stabilize even if it will be regulated but i dont also think that it can be regulated because bitcoin is decentralized and cant be controlled  .
Of course, these are completely different assets and it is useless to compare them with each other. Gold is an eternal value and it will always be like that. Bitcoin exists only ten years and no one knows what will happen to it in twenty years.

ck343

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:01:35 AM

In summary:

1. Gold is currently better as a store of value
2. Bitcoin can be better as a store of value in the future if we reach high liquidity to significantly decrease price volatility
What does Bitcoin's ecosystem need to reach high liquidity?

khkllkh (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode)
Rounaksarkar

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 05:36:26 PM

Once upon a time, the gold price was so high that 4,5 of the bitcoin sold when it sold a little gold. But Bitcoin stands at this level today for its market demand and performance price of a bitcoin is 15% more than a full of gold For which one can sell an ounce of gold today, a bitcoin will not be available but instead of selling a bitcoin, 10,15 ounce of gold can be found.!!!!!!
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 08:18:44 AM

well, these two things have different functions and forms, but have the same potential. in this case, I might prioritize collecting bitcoin compared to gold at this time. although many say that gold is good, but I feel that it is difficult to obtain.
BitcoinBoomer

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 09:29:32 AM

BTC Bitcoin and gold are both great stores of value. BTC has better future potential. Gold will be out dated soon as deep space asteroid mining.
cryptofolks

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 09:36:44 AM

I am in search of people who have bitcoins forks including SBTC, GOD and BIFI in bulk. I am buying bitcoin forks in bulk.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 09:04:13 AM

Interesting article that talks about BTC vs Gold: https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/is-bitcoin-the-new-gold/

Thoughts? Gold is tangible and can be used for other things other than storing value... It's also been around for a much longer time...

if you want for a long-term and safe investment, then I really advise you to invest in Gold, but if you only want to invest for the short term, then I would advise you to invest in Bitcoin, because investing in Bitcoin will definitely give you profit which is bigger than you invest in Gold, but the risk of investing in Bitcoin is also greater than investing in Gold, so I only advise you to invest in Bitcoin for the short term and not for the long term.

TahuDiniHari

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 10:54:06 AM

I thought, if bitcoin is the future gold in digital form. because before the present and paper money existed, gold in the form of coins was a means of transaction, almost in every country had a history of gold coins. maybe it was in the past or in the kingdom. but there's nothing wrong if bitcoin becomes the digital version of gold that will be used by everyone in the world.
vucuong16101997

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 02:17:48 PM

I thought, if bitcoin is the future gold in digital form. because before the present and paper money existed, gold in the form of coins was a means of transaction, almost in every country had a history of gold coins. maybe it was in the past or in the kingdom. but there's nothing wrong if bitcoin becomes the digital version of gold that will be used by everyone in the world.
I see many people often say that BTC is gold of crypto, but in my opinion, there are the same  as the above article. But with my way of thinking these two things are different, maybe they have same  in terms of value and level of scarcity in the future. But btc have something that is applied because a technology for me is smart.  Gold is a real asset in terms of technology .  Huh Huh Huh....(no )... Maybe 2 things will be attached to each other in the future?
Abdulrahmanaja

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 02:34:25 PM

if I prefer to choose to invest in BTC, bro, rather than investing in gold.
my reason is because I've been in love with the world of BTC. although the results cannot be predicted. but I have felt a lot of sweetness from the bitter.

OOOBTC.com ●  Crypto Trading Is Now Rewarding
▬▬ ●  ●  Daily incentives, Awesome bonuses, Incredible support (https://www.ooobtc.com)
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 04:06:13 PM

Bitcoin receiving much attention is already a good milestone for cryptocurrency. Being compared to Gold is another thing because we all know that Gold is something that must be mined physically and mining for Gold is not an easy task. Bitcoin is also not that easy to mine but it requires less effort and needs more time. Every Bitcoin user 10 years ago did not expect Bitcoin to have its value skyrocket and learning about it is interesting.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 04:21:00 PM

If succeeded to become a digital money all over the world, bitcoin will be able to be called as gold in assets value from this venue of investment,
there's always comparisons and it will be for the end users to give their own opinions and positions whether to allow classifying bitcoin as a new
gold for investment opportunities or let the future to decide if what will be the turned around of this cryptocurrency.
Naginiya

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2019, 06:30:41 PM

BTC for sure.Gold is valuable commodity.But BTC is king of cryptos who came 0.001 $ to 20000$ in within decade. Did the gold able to do that?you know the answer.Whatever the price and down happened btc is more stronger than the prize of the Gold,Also bitcoin  is limited resource.Gold is limited commodity too.But future will change that.More gold resources will come.Supply will be limitless.Then the demand of the gold is no more.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2019, 08:27:57 PM

Gold is more stable and has a long history, while bitcoin can be used anytime and can be selled, to sell gold can take a lot of time if is physically hold at home. But bitcoin is indeed the crypto king and is more faster to use if want to buy or sell.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 01:45:15 AM

BTC & GOLD for me they both have a big value.
BTC can use as money and can use easily as quickly even now here in our country you can use bitcoin for payment even restaurant or store.now bitcoin can easily use and has a big value.
Gold for me not that can easy to use you need to change in money first before you can use.it is also has a big value.

ck343

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:07:06 PM

In summary:

2. Bitcoin can be better as a store of value in the future if we reach high liquidity to significantly decrease price volatility
What does Bitcoin's ecosystem need to reach high liquidity?

To achieve high liquidity, demand is needed.
At the moment, money is the most highly liquid asset, since it can be exchanged for other goods at any time without loss of time and at the exact market price.
The more goods and services will be sold for Bitcoin, the more liquid it will be - everything is natural Smiley
So,

in order to become a better store of value, Bitcoin has to become more liquid;

in order to become more liquid, Bitcoin has to get increasingly deployed to buy/sell goods and services;

but: in order to get increasingly deployed to buy/sell goods and services, Bitcoin has to become a better store of value.

You see the problem?  Smiley

khkllkh (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode)
legok

Activity: 230

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 03:12:46 AM

Btc is good invesment for long time, and a good value for any one..
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 04:21:20 AM

In summary:

3. Both gold and bitcoin are both great assets, and both has their own pros and cons.
It seems to me that Bitcoin and another decentralized cryptocurrency will never get rid of its high price volatility, regardless of whether it is accepted in all states or not. This means that the cryptocurrency will lose gold as a means of storing value. This is not surprising, since it is assumed that its price will always be formed only on the basis of supply and demand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: