Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:36:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC and Gold?  (Read 12041 times)
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 08:25:30 PM

Bitcoin is, in my opinion, far to be a store of value. SOV. is supposed to be a 'store your value' so your capital, how a cryptocurrency, volatile like BTC is, can help someone to 'store a capital' to avoid the risk to lose a %

It's not a proper SOV yet. How could it be, only 10 years from inception? Most people are unsure exactly what Bitcoin even is, and are still skeptical that it will even exist in the coming decades. So, naturally it's highly volatile because its future is viewed as so uncertain.

However, we can look at Bitcoin's monetary properties and see theoretically why it might serve as a better form of money than anything seen before, given enough time and adoption.

All forms of money (including longstanding forms like gold) are a matter of faith. It's impossible to predict whether humans will put their faith into one form of money or another -- you would need to see the future to know that. What we can do is look at Bitcoin's properties and extrapolate from its market growth what may happen in the future. The more certain Bitcoin's future becomes, the less volatile it will become.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 08:45:12 PM

Both are different from each other if we talk about gold then it is good for the majority of investors because the gold is more stable than bitcoin and most of the  investors want a secure investment, while on the other hand, some crypto lovers want high profit in a shorter period of time so they choose bitcoin as an investment.

In my opinion comparison of BTC with gold is of no use! Let investors decide where they want / will invest their money.

shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:10:57 PM

Both assets have similar characteristics.

One difference of these assets is that you can buy Bitcoin easily through your computer while you have to go to a gold shop and buy gold. If you choose gold as your investment, you have to keep those gold in a separate place such as gold safe keeping facility to make sure it is safe. This means gold demands a safe physical space as well.

The downside with Bitcoin is you need to have the basic knowledge of how buy and store BTC safely as you may loose your BTC if you do something wrong or can be hacked by a hacker. Therefore, some investors choose gold over bitcoin as the asset to invest.  Therefore, I don't see a significant change for the demand for these assets in the future.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:22:51 PM

Both assets have similar characteristics.
^ That was right they had characteristics of pros and cons to each other which we consider that these two assets may good for keeping them both. But I think if they are both at the same time founded maybe bitcoin will bypass the gold and it is very well known now. Gold is an asset that visible on us while bitcoin is a crypto digital currency which is only on the internet found that can wen used to have transactions pay bills and any necessities were bitcoin is accepted.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:04:29 PM

Interesting article that talks about BTC vs Gold: https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/is-bitcoin-the-new-gold/

Thoughts? Gold is tangible and can be used for other things other than storing value... It's also been around for a much longer time...

Bitcoin in literal way or aspect cannot be like gold. But some of the holders here they are assuming it and comparing like Gold, because as time goes by the value price of it is increasing in the market, in terms of volatility Bitcoin was more aggressive unto it compare to GOLD because gold price value was already surpassed by Bitcoin in the market.
Cuk0ng_bitc0in

Activity: 188
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:17:04 PM

BTC and gold are not the same.  but both have special values.  BTC is a currency innovation and gold is a legendary currency.  Gold will last until this world ends. But BTC will change every transaction to be easier and simpler.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:07:08 PM

gold is the real currency, and BTC is abstrack. both will be used for future transactions after fiat is lost from circulation.

now, many people choose crypto rather than fiat, gold is intrinsic and BTC is the best.

Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:18:35 PM

Bitcoin and Gold are both valuable but they have different characteristic. Gold is tangible and can seen but Bitcoin is intangible. Gold has stable value while Gold is volatile. Gold is real asset while Bitcoin is digital currency but at the end they both good invesment.

7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 12:27:33 AM

that is not a small difference to go over it that easily. comparison between gold and bitcoin is comparison between something with more than 2 thousand years of history with a 10 year old bitcoin! that is not a comparison that you should even begin to make in my opinion.
It will not be a fair comparison to compare a physical object to a virtual one in the first place, historically gold is considered as a source of wealth for thousand of years and even now it is a symbol of wealth and bitcoin being new to the market cannot be compared to gold in any way possible, it is a virtual currency with no physical presence, the major advantage is privacy and the ease in which you can store the your wealth.
Daniwahyu007

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 02:36:16 AM

I think of course gold is also one of the best investments for a long time and value. It can also be used for anything.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
watchagotcha

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:35:46 AM

Could ETH be considered then the equivalent of silver?lol

Truth be told, Ethereum has a a different emission scheme, though the biggest difference is that ethereum must be much more applicable in the future if something better doesn't outperform it. Ethereum isn't a silver, Ripple also can't be...bitcoin cash? don't know, it could be, but Roger Ver is making everything to popularize BCH and make it CASH, not just for holding. So I would say we have "digital gold" now, but there's no clearly established "digital silver."
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:15:52 PM

Btc and gold are different, because gold you will need to wait patiently for a long time before you earn a good profit even the price is stable since in the past time. While btc even if not stable but you will earn a good profit in just a moment only. They can also use for savings in the future. But now btc is more popular for investment because we are currently using technology.
davit putra
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:42:29 PM

Both can be good investments in generating profits, but I think everyone has their own views on gold and bitcoin, and for me more interested in bitcoin.

VK.point

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

(https://exip.live/)

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 04:38:50 PM

Both have value and price, almost everyone wants to have it. If someone wants to have gold, they have to buy it and it is very difficult to do mining. While Bitcoin can be owned by mining and of course buying on the exchange. Gold can be received by all countries, while bitcoin cannot be received in all countries.

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
thirdlight

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 04:41:37 PM

Gold and Bitcoin are similar in that their limited amount is in circulation and everyone wants to have them.  But there is one difference between them, is that gold is stable in contrast to Bitcoin.

bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 06:01:53 PM

Both are valuable but when we look at the characteristics of both they are different from each other, the only similarities are just that they are both store of value but in feature and uses they are different. With bitcoin it has the possibility of obtaining value far more than gold but it also has the possibility of declining more than expected. So to say very unpredictable but gold value is not as volatile as bitcoin though from time to time it changes depending on the value of fiat. Though gold is more stable, if I am to invest my money in gold after how many years there will not be that much difference in value so it will not give me much profit after waiting but if I invest in bitcoin, after 1-2 years of holding when bull market comes I could profit 2x to 10x from my money.
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:14:28 PM

Looking at the number of people investing in Bitcoin and comparing that to the number of people also investing in Gold, Bitcoin can somehow be considered as the digital version of gold but the only thing which is disqualifying this is the volatile nature of it.
sngwinner

Activity: 432

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:36:32 PM

Bitcoin and Gold are both two great entities of our time considering their prices on the market and how people have been using both of them for the payment of goods and services. For now I think BTC has gotten more attention than Gold because it is based on the blockchain and its integration into so many companies and products.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
sherenikaw

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:57:40 PM

Gold and BTC have their own positive sides.
Gold may be more stable and will be always increasing and it is secure enough.
Bitcoin may give us higher profits in a shorter time.
I love both because they are worth asset for investment.
For the risks and profits, it will depend on how we access and manage them.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 11:21:58 PM

Both are different from each other if we talk about gold then it is good for the majority of investors because the gold is more stable than bitcoin and most of the  investors want a secure investment, while on the other hand, some crypto lovers want high profit in a shorter period of time so they choose bitcoin as an investment.

In my opinion comparison of BTC with gold is of no use! Let investors decide where they want / will invest their money.

I agree with this. Gold vs Bitcoin is just hyping people on both.  The stability of Gold's price in the market is its advantage over bitcoin while Bitcoin's advantage over gold is the technology behind it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: