Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ban Appeal] bill gator  (Read 2768 times)
petahasher

Activity: 316
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 12:45:52 AM

Although I do agree with the ban given to bill, I don't agree with the feedback that he has received recently on his account. I don't agree with buying accounts necessarily, but bill should be kept as an exception as he's proven that he can be trusted. Account buying/selling is definitely a questionable and disagreeable practice, but bill's intentions are clearly unlike other account buyers and sellers.

It's unfortunate that this happened, if bill is telling the truth then I believe his trust ratings are too extreme for this situation; a ban is enough. In my opinion, bill should be responsible for anything related to the account he bought, but he shouldn't suffer any consequences if he's telling the truth about his origins coming to this forum.

Overall its a tough situation to be in, especially with all this hate. I would've thought people would be more supportive and less hostile.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 02:04:43 AM

I understand that my sentence is lenient in comparison to what others are receiving, but allow me to make a case for my "innocence".

The post that was plagiarized was this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996622.msg11970365#msg11970365

Original : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996622.msg11223465#msg11223465

and from what I can tell it was a blatant case of plagiarism. Now, let me be honest with all of you: I did not post that.

Regardless if you were not the owner at that time, that account you are holding still plagiarized which is against the forum rules. Again, we are talking here about the entirety of the ACCOUNT and not the present nor the past user.

bill gator is an account I bought on November 7th, 2015. The plagiarized post occurred before I was the owner of the account. The plagiarized post was done while there was nothing in the signature and nothing to gain.

Dude you just dug your own grave with that statement. You should have at least accepted the consequences and lived with it. Lots of users in the forum are getting PERMANENTLY banned from plagiarizing content and the moderators are already lenient with your case. You just made everything worse to be honest.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 04:28:18 AM

OMG, I was talking about 2 users ban and thought these were not perfect for them. Now this is the reality. I wouldn't support any of these types ban appeal.

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 05:00:38 AM

When I created my account here, I see bill gator already active in the forum especially in the meta and he gained many merits already. I thought he is like other reputable members out there but he has also did break the rules Smiley.

I think what the admins did is right that he is punished by temp ban since he did break the rules. He already said that he bought that account which is not allowed here. Whatever the old owner did will be passed to its new owner. If the old owner plagiarized before selling it then it will be passed to the new owner.

In this case, this is like case solve because of what the OP has posted. No need for a ban appeal I think.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 05:13:49 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2019, 06:16:12 AM by Quickseller

As far as I know, there is no leniency given for the, "my account was hacked, I bought the account, it was my brother on my account, etc etc" excuses. It may well be valid, but its far easier for the staff to just say, take care of your account, rather than taking on the duty of spending days playing detective to help out the 1 in 1000 that have a legitimate claim. Back when account buying/selling was a bit more acceptable, before account farmers became the nuisance they are today, checking over an account's posts was something everyone did before buying an account. If I recall, there was even a price tool that would tell you the quality of an account's posts and its value. That burden was always on the buyer, so maybe I'm not as sympathetic as I could be on the matter. Regardless, asking the moderators to cut you some slack is just going to result in tons of spammers asking for forgiveness with bogus reasons, so I can't see anyone wanting to set that precedent.

Plagiarism was neither explicitly against the rules when he bought the account nor was it a known problem. He should have known not to plagiarize himself (by all accounts he did not), but I don't think he had any reason to believe others were plagiarizing.

I don’t think he had any reasonable reason to check for plagiarism when he bought it, and I don’t think any of the tools that checked post quality would look into potential plagiarism.

As previously stated, if account buyers are going to be held responsible for the actions of prior owners, account sales might as well be disallowed.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 06:14:48 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2019, 06:30:29 AM by Coolcryptovator
Merited by chimk (2)

I don't see any point to appeal temp ban, people's should say thanks to theymos for second chances. Sorry, @bill gator I can't support your ban appeal thread due to bought account. I realized that how hard build a account after implement merit system. And your story isn't going to help unban you. You are just getting negative feedback's by exposing yourself.

Overall as a self made forum member, I don't like any bitcointalk account dealers.

I'm definitely not going to give him a neg for it.  Nor am I going to remove him from my trust list for that or for the plagiarism, which he (the current owner) likely didn't do.
Tagging account seller totally depend on you, no one forcing you. But your statement if very confusing sometimes. For few traders you introduce yourself very strict, for some traders you introduce yourself very very soft.

However, there is multiple mistakes occurred by OP. First thing is bought account. Second thing is, there was wave of plagiarism ban but you didn't bothered to recheck your profile. I don't think it will help for unban by prove bought account. Forum ban a person, and you are the one who is owner of this account.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
unibitcoinist

Activity: 121
Merit: 40

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 07:21:58 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2019, 07:32:22 AM by unibitcoinist

Don't try to feed your boss through feeding bottle, it will cause you having a hard slap on your face, or a kick in your ass.
Trying to sell this story to being proved innocent? This forum is full of stupid who don't penalize the actual criminal. Always this stupid go after the people who traded merit, abused bounty, asked for no collateral loan, posted bullshit, I don't trust because of X is Y which has almost nothing with scam.

Fucking slippery prick buying an account
That was 2015, dude.  The account buying problem was nowhere near as bad as it has since become, and account dealers didn't start getting tagged until 2016.  

It's not about 2015-16, bill gator is a DT-1 member. How come you do support a purchased account to be in DT-1? And how he did get rid of your red tag? The typical account trader is thousand time less riskier than account like this.
See the intention of bill gator. He has used this account to buy the reputation. It was easy to scam a huge amount of money by him. And I'm damn sure that's what the intention of this stupid.
Who is more dangerous? Someone who asked you to go first? Or someone who bought an account and build the reputation?
I used to think The Pharmacist as one of the honest dude here.
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 07:45:36 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2019, 07:57:01 AM by Thule

You got the attention of that group thanks for critical Thread and posts.

They instantly digged in your past to find something to punish you for that.Thats the reality.You got now punished and your account destroyed for talking up against them.

If i remember right it was suchmoon who very often quickly digged these kind of old shits against people who started to post against them.

I remember suchmoon claiming to not have digged into someones history from 2014 to get him punished because of a dispute and later had to approve that it was her but it wasn't because of that dispute.

Its a clear punishment against you for talking up against them which you can instantly see that only these fucking abusers are upholding this nonsense and defending it.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 07:49:00 AM
Merited by TMAN (2)

It's not about 2015-16, bill gator is a DT-1 member. How come you do support a purchased account to be in DT-1? And how he did get rid of your red tag? The typical account trader is thousand time less riskier than account like this.
See the intention of bill gator. He has used this account to buy the reputation. It was easy to scam a huge amount of money by him. And I'm damn sure that's what the intention of this stupid.
Who is more dangerous? Someone who asked you to go first? Or someone who bought an account and build the reputation?
I used to think The Pharmacist as one of the honest dude here.
Bill Gator is the classic example of quick-reputation farming:
1) Quick and little paypal trades.
2) Quick and pajeet collectible purchases.

Both of these are worth zero in my eyes. It is clear that this is the right method to farm trust and it seems that I have to slap many members over and over again due to their practices. Had I more time, I'd run an experiment: Create a new alt, forcibly make decent posts, rush into PP && minor collectibles deals. I'm certain I could get more than 100 trust under a year, probably a lot more with so many DT members now. Roll Eyes The enablers are somewhat guilty in case someone managed to scam due to such trust ratings.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 08:19:03 AM

Shocking. Some one speaks up about systemic abuse and magically some one finds a reason to ban him among other punitive acts. This forum is devolving into disgusting stazi like tactics. Show me the man I will find you the crime.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Merit: 4130

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 08:51:27 AM

Every week there's always a new drama to entertain the meta visiters with. What I don't get about the whole bill's ban appeal was, what was he thinking appealing a temporary sig ban with the exuse of he was not the poster of the plagiarized posts, sounds funny to my hearing. Seems like he was trying to clarify he isn't a post stealer but ended up reviewing he's an account farmers. Just skimmed through bill's feedback and guess what, he has previously tagged another users for trying to sell an accounts Such a hypocritical act.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikhaelsky

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 08:57:57 AM

Shocking. Some one speaks up about systemic abuse and magically some one finds a reason to ban him among other punitive acts. This forum is devolving into disgusting stazi like tactics. Show me the man I will find you the crime.
This is what happens when some plebs(and woman) get power.

Every week there's always a new drama to entertain the meta visiters with. What I don't get about the whole bill's ban appeal was, what was he thinking appealing a temporary sig ban with the exuse of he was not the poster of the plagiarized posts, sounds funny to my hearing. Seems like he was trying to clarify he isn't a post stealer but ended up reviewing he's an account farmers. Just skimmed through bill's feedback and guess what, he has previously tagged another users for trying to sell an accounts Such a hypocritical act.
These signature spammers are acting like a true NPC.

This post is probably written by Lauda and her dogs.How stupid do you have to be, to not even think about it?
Don't tell me that everyone is a woman here, because that would be the only logical reason for such stupidity.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 08:58:41 AM

Idiot gator is all about virtue signalling..
I called it on time.

Don't tell me that everyone is a woman here, because that would be the only logical reason for such stupidity.
I wonder what religious ideology you support. Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:11:25 AM

...Lauda and her dogs.
I'm pretty curious on what place do you live in? Can't determine the difference between a dog and a cat?
Lauda is a Cat. And yet you still call her and her allies dogs? Does your place have your Dogs serves under a Cat? 🤔🤔🤔

Lemme throw your words back at you...
How stupid do you have to be, to not even think about it?

The fact that bill doesn't comes back, I think he doesn't care too much on this shit anymore,.. More or Less also about the feedbacks left on this thread and his account. Well, he really can't do anything about it now, it's such a waste for such an account.
mikhaelsky

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:14:48 AM

...Lauda and her dogs.
I'm pretty curious on what place do you live in? Can't determine the difference between a dog and a cat?
Lauda is a Cat. And yet you still call her and her allies dogs? Does your place have your Dogs serves under a Cat? 🤔🤔🤔

OMFG, that's a reference from a book(animal farm).Don't make me explain it every time, feels stupid.
Fucking NPC

I wonder what religious ideology you support. Roll Eyes

I don't support any religion.I am agnnostic.
The other sex is stupid, and I don't trust them for taking important decision in a short time.Their hormones makes them too emotional.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:28:11 AM
Merited by TMAN (3), ChiBitCTy (1)

Don't make me explain it every time, feels stupid.
Have you explained it again? Sorry for making you feel stupid 😂
I don't support any religion.I am agnnostic.
It's agnostic brother. I think the one who support such ideal is labeled as ABNOY (in our language). Take a hint about your mother, (oh sorry... I remembered you hate females for having none for the rest of your life, My condolences.)

How 'bout getting your main account here instead of using an alt, oops maybe you also get banned that's why you can't. Enjoy being on my Ignore list.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 09:52:31 AM
Merited by chimk (2)

Sorry Bill, I'd just ride it out if I were you, I'd just be glad you didn't get nuked straight away.

Now just because I'm curious, what made you think it was a good idea to purchase an account? Even taking into account that it might not have been as frowned upon back in 2015 (although I doubt that).
I know you kinda explained it in your post, but it seems logical to think that this would come to bite you in the ass one day, as we're now seeing.

Starting a new account and spending a couple of months building it up isn't that bad, right? Especially when there weren't any merit requirements.

I thought I remembered account sales being frowned upon back in 2015, but I could just be misremembering.

mikhaelsky

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:33:21 AM

Have you explained it again? Sorry for making you feel stupid 😂
This is what happens when you reply without even reading previous posts.(signature spam alert)

It's agnostic brother. I think the one who support such ideal is labeled as ABNOY (in our language). Take a hint about your mother, (oh sorry... I remembered you hate females for having none for the rest of your life, My condolences.)

How 'bout getting your main account here instead of using an alt, oops maybe you also get banned that's why you can't. Enjoy being on my Ignore list.
ABNOY?ALT?

What a shit post, and still it got merited.Because it was licking their asses  Cheesy
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6791

Cashback 15%

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:04:31 AM

This would lead me to believe the mods are *not* telling those who are banned which of their posts were found to be plagiarized.
I highly doubt anyone is being told which posts they plagiarized--but that's always the way it's worked.  When someone opens a ban appeal thread, only then does someone do the research and come up with an example or multiple examples.

With all of these bans of old and/or respected members, I think it would be a good idea to let them (and anyone else getting banned) know exactly what they did wrong.  I've made that argument before in the context of writing posts about being sick and tired of all the ban appeal threads where the banned members claim ignorance of their offense (and usually their accounts aren't that old).  Obviously nothing changed, and I'm sure there are reasons for why nothing did, but I've no idea what they are.

The other sex is stupid, and I don't trust them for taking important decision in a short time.Their hormones makes them too emotional.
LOL. The offensiveness and anti-PCness is just juicy.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 12:02:31 PM

This would lead me to believe the mods are *not* telling those who are banned which of their posts were found to be plagiarized.
I highly doubt anyone is being told which posts they plagiarized--but that's always the way it's worked.  When someone opens a ban appeal thread, only then does someone do the research and come up with an example or multiple examples.
If Bill Gator was not told which post was plagiarized when he was banned, then the question becomes how did the OP know which post he was banned for *before* he opened this thread.

The implication is the OP is not Bill Gator appealing his ban, but rather someone else trying to give an excuse to tag him.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: