Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:18:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [In Stock] A2 Miner $12000/unit, G-Blade $940/unit, FREE Shipping, no bullshit  (Read 6341 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:10:09 PM

I don't have to extrapolate on DOGE if the Difficulty is going DOWN - Forget I mentioned a specific coin. Geez you guys are thick!

So basically I am in a discussion with people who are saying "You are wrong" but have no ability to prove why except anecdotal crap.

I will make it easy for you all to understand.....

Spending $940 on 5Mh of scrypt mining equipment today will get you your money back and then some in the next year.

(hopefully by not mentioning a  coin or specific amount of profit will be enough teflon to keep the naysayers away)

Anyone who responds in this thread without at least an attempt at math is WRONG.

joeventura

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

here is a calculator showing straight up 5Mh on DOGE

My math shows 4.6 months to break even

$950 divided by $204

DOGE difficulty is falling not rising, so even if it were to double still would break even.

(oh and the number I quoted was my mining 15mh so I forgot to divide by 3 for the 5mh example, in any case it still becomes profitable)

Ok so there are a couple things wrong here.  First you are linearly extrapolating that calculator.  Ie. $204 each month for the next 4.6 months.  That's not a correct way to use a mining calculator.  For example, there will be a lot more hashing power coming online over 4.6 months that will increase the difficulty.  Zeusminer, for example, is saying they will start delivering some serious hashing this month (if they actually come through). 

You also reference doge and the block reward is next scheduled to halve in ~60 days so 4 month profitability isn't going to be constant.  The price would have to double.

And based on your detailed analysis (the part where YOU do some math) the correct answer is what???

cryptomatt

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 05:35:32 PM

Jeez dude, I'm not trying to be a dick, settle down. 
joeventura

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:48:17 PM

I never said you were trying to do anything except show how I was wrong, I was not trying to offend you either, if i did I apologize.

This community is (I hope) about mutual assistance and not about telling people they are wrong.

I am not perfect, I wish to be educated.

My attestation is that 5Mh of scrypt mining hardware that costs $940 will recover its own cost and be profitable within a year (probably closer to 6 months) in the right hands.

Using math and charts and trends please someone show me the error of my ways, because otherwise you are not helping me or anyone else in making an educated decision.

cryptomatt

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 06:06:09 PM

I never said you were trying to do anything except show how I was wrong, I was not trying to offend you either, if i did I apologize.

This community is (I hope) about mutual assistance and not about telling people they are wrong.

My attestation is that 5Mh of scrypt mining hardware that costs $940 will recover its own cost and be profitable within a year (probably closer to 6 months) in the right hands.

Using math and charts and trends please someone show me the error of my ways, because otherwise you are not helping me or anyone else in making an educated decision.

I apologize if I implied that you were totally wrong.  I actually agree with you that within a year you should easily ROI.  Mining is definitely up for interpretation.  I just didn't agree with the initial estimate mainly due to the specific example of doge.  The block halving would throw off the initial time of 4.6 months.  No ill will intended though.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:10:17 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 07:07:24 PM by allcoinminer

$950 divided by $204

DOGE difficulty is falling not rising, so even if it were to double still would break even.

(oh and the number I quoted was my mining 15mh so I forgot to divide by 3 for the 5mh example, in any case it still becomes profitable)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_growth
The coinwarz calculator you put here don't account for any difficulty change.
It just assumes that the miner will earn the same amount he earns today for ever. That itself is wrong.
Use a good calculator which account for difficulty.
This Dual Blades @ $950 will never ROI. Those who want; try it.

LTC Chart
joeventura

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:11:11 PM

I apologize if I implied that you were totally wrong.  I actually agree with you that within a year you should easily ROI.  Mining is definitely up for interpretation.  I just didn't agree with the initial estimate mainly due to the specific example of doge.  The block halving would throw off the initial time of 4.6 months.  No ill will intended though.

no worries, we're cool
allcoinminer

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:12:48 PM

I apologize if I implied that you were totally wrong.  I actually agree with you that within a year you should easily ROI.  Mining is definitely up for interpretation.  I just didn't agree with the initial estimate mainly due to the specific example of doge.  The block halving would throw off the initial time of 4.6 months.  No ill will intended though.

Brother, it will not. You use a good calculator which account for difficulty. Coinwarz calculator is not accurate. Its good for checking profits for only less than a month or so.
joeventura

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:15:36 PM

I apologize if I implied that you were totally wrong.  I actually agree with you that within a year you should easily ROI.  Mining is definitely up for interpretation.  I just didn't agree with the initial estimate mainly due to the specific example of doge.  The block halving would throw off the initial time of 4.6 months.  No ill will intended though.

Brother, it will not. You use a good calculator which account for difficulty. Coinwarz calculator is not accurate. Its good for checking profits for only less than a month or so.

allcoinminer, You are wrong. it will ROI.

allcoinminer

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:18:06 PM

If my posts hurt you I apologise. Please see the image I posted above. I was too lazy to put the math I did, sorry about that. We have the calculator ready.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514585.msg6597323#msg6597323
joeventura

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:23:14 PM

If my posts hurt you I apologise. Please see the image I posted above. I was too lazy to put the math I did, sorry about that. We have the calculator ready.

You are still wrong.

You use Litecoin as an example? its the least profitable coin.

What calculator is your screen print from?

allcoinminer

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:35:52 PM

You are still wrong.

yah I used Litecoin. Can you say the reason why I used it? There is a reason. I will tell you here later.
Leave that.
Litecoin is not the least profitable.
As per coinwarz Doge coin is just 2 coins above Litecoin.
But if you check the rates both are almost same. ( Difference is just 0.00000556 for 1mhs and in dollar terms both are same.)
So the calculation will be same of Doge and Lite at this present moment.
You may check the same with doge if you doubt.
And then post here whether it will ROI or Not.
joeventura

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:38:01 PM

You are still wrong.

yah I used Litecoin. Can you say the reason why I used it? There is a reason. I will tell you here later.
Leave that.
Litecoin is not the least profitable.
As per coinwarz Doge coin is just 2 coins above Litecoin.
But if you check the rates both are almost same. ( Difference is just 0.00000556 for 1mhs and in dollar terms both are same.)
So the calculation will be same of Doge and Lite at this present moment.
You may check the same with doge if you doubt.
And then post here whether it will ROI or Not.

Calculator you used? You didn't mention that (again)
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:38:50 PM

this is getting interesting

allcoinminer

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:41:56 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 02:48:39 AM by allcoinminer

Calculator you used? You didn't mention that (again)

Use the below. They will give a better idea about than coinwarz's
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator
http://www.vnbitcoin.org/litecoincalculator.php

or Google

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1s2clt/litecoin_difficulty_calculators_are_misleading/

allcoinminer

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:45:17 PM

The returns will probably much more worse if the announced asics are released on time.

charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:08:06 AM

$950 divided by $204

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_growth
The coinwarz calculator you put here don't account for any difficulty change.
It just assumes that the miner will earn the same amount he earns today for ever. That itself is wrong.
Use a good calculator which account for difficulty.
This Dual Blades @ $950 will never ROI. Those who want; try it.

LTC Chart
exactly, with difficulty increase 3% (and it could be more with new incoming chips) there is no ROI
totoy

Activity: 623

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:46:34 AM

this is getting interesting

Lol  Grin Grin Grin
I was reading all the post then I saw this
I might check this thread regularly Grin
achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:14:28 PM

My $0.02

It is my opinion that very few, if not none of the hardware ROI’s, unless you can buy direct at discount and or the virtual currency price is rising. Even being first doesn't work anymore as all the machine producers have been running the new machines long before they are shipped.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:57:31 PM

5 mh/s for 1000 Bucks? that will never ever ROI. End of Story in latest 30 Days a lot of Big asiscs will hit the Networks and the Diff will Skyrocket. And even this big ASICS will not ROI. (11K for 80 Mh/s... LOL)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: