Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:48:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The perfect solution to scam in the crypto space  (Read 1058 times)
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:33:50 AM

I think the perfect solution to crypto scams is regulation.

Ico is an example of a regulated business but why most ico are scams?  My point is that regulation cant handle the scams . Regultion can infact bring negative effects to the crypto space as it kills the purpose of being anonymous .

We can combat scams if we start on our self  .dont just join and join projects or business that you dont know because scammers wont grow if no one will get scammed  . Dont act like you are noob or dumb if you know that your smart  . Teach noobs and less knowledgable people so that they can also be aware
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:42:53 AM

1 ICO regulations: if there is ico regulations then investors should only invest in ICOs that are certified and meets the required standards. This will reduce the scam rates as fake ICOs will not be able to raise money for investors anymore
To reduce the risk of investing, only invest in projects that make capital calls through the IEO. Received by the exchanges, these projects need to pass verification, thus minimizing risks for investors. Or ICO projects are protected by celebrities or have clear information about the development team.

hamster fat

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:57:15 AM

You have to get experience in avoiding scam projects and that's it. I hope you guys will find a solution and would stop investing money in shady projects.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Mata Kripto

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

guestcrew.com

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 09:15:43 AM

both ways are good steps to reduce fraud but not entirely successful, even if crypto rules are implemented it will most likely have a major impact on the market because we know that the cryptoqurrency world is anonymous and there will definitely be pros and kotra. so I don't think there is a perfect solution to reduce fraud except just for ourselves, they always grow and won't stop tricking us. and we as users can only be vigilant and avoid when seeing suspicious projects.

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[GuestCrew]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Earn GUEST Tokens by sharing content
guestcrew.com
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 09:34:02 AM

I think the perfect solution to crypto scams is regulation. The crypto community can introduce regulations themselves, if governments are failing to do so it seems. In fact the market has lack of regulations giving leeway for scammers and hackers to run their business freely. There are many instances of scammers scamming traders and investors openly. Why they can not face punishment? Lets think this issue very seriously.
Yes, we can follow certain rules and encourage others to do so. But will everyone follow this? When the time comes for a big volatility in the market, many newcomers will come. All that they see is Xss under the influence of the FOMO. How we can they be make listen to reason in this case?
Automatic auditing and code checking can be a good solution.

veekky

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:31:05 AM

There is no solution at the moment, but you can still find solution by yourself. All what you need is to be careful and let other people know about scam actions of ICOs
Kwansimaa

Activity: 238

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 10:20:00 PM

To me best knowledge, to reduce scam in the crypto space, we need just regulation to fulfill that. Many are the mass out there who are willing to join the crypto industry but due to no regulation and risk of being scammed, these mass out there have chosen not to join the industry. If there is regulation and scam is reduced, I think majority of the mass out there will join the crypto industry to increase the market volume.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 09:19:02 AM

There is no perfect solution for scams, if a person wants to scam you and you are willing to believe him they will always find a way to scam you. I know people who got scammed with some ponzi scheme or mlm and they still believed it as well, like I could see from a mile away that they were scammed yet they were unable to see it from inside. That is why even after getting scammed some people will not accept that and you will be capable of scamming people.

By the way, when I say my friends didn't realize they were scammed they were in it from fiat as well so it exists in fiat world too as much as in crypto so there is no reason to be worried. Scammers will exists without a limit and doesn't matter what currency it is, it could be crypto or dollar or euro and anyone could still be scammed.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:28:34 PM

ICO regulation and smart contract auditing like you stated will help to check and reduce scam rate. But there is no perfect approach to solve this problem. The reason is because scammers are not dwelling on a single approach too. They are becoming super crafty in their wicked acts and will tend to go to any length to suck their victims dry. Safety still begins with individual.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:32:55 PM

I don't have much to say about the smart contract auditing because I don't know if it will work but over all I know that regulations will starve scammers ,I think its the perfect solution to crypto scammers

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jcumins

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:40:06 PM

I agree with the author, the situation only worsens. I think that emergence of IEO instead of ICO can help to solve problems with projects swindlers because the exchanges carefully choose new projects for the IEO. With breakings of purses everything is much more difficult, it is necessary to be very attentive.

Averim

Activity: 515

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 08:59:38 PM

The rate of scam and hacks in the cryptocurrency market keeps growing at an alarming rate. In my opinion there best solution to these crimes in the cryptocurrency market are

1 ICO regulations: if there is ico regulations then investors should only invest in ICOs that are certified and meets the required standards. This will reduce the scam rates as fake ICOs will not be able to raise money for investors anymore

2 Smart contract Auditing: I think in other for coins and exchanges to avoid hacks and attacks they should constantly audit their smart contracts at regular intervals (like every 2 weeks or every month).  Doing this will help them detect the bugs and loop holes in their smart contracts and correct it before it is used by hackers.
I think there should be changed the bitcointalk policy, i mean they have all the ip's so they can easily find out the identify of the people behind scams for at least give some info about it.
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 12:29:38 PM

The rate of scam and hacks in the cryptocurrency market keeps growing at an alarming rate. In my opinion there best solution to these crimes in the cryptocurrency market are

2 Smart contract Auditing: I think in other for coins and exchanges to avoid hacks and attacks they should constantly audit their smart contracts at regular intervals (like every 2 weeks or every month).  Doing this will help them detect the bugs and loop holes in their smart contracts and correct it before it is used by hackers.

It is too late to do regulation in the ICO investors are shifting to IEO, because it is the one with good regulation, why we need to do regulation in ICO when we already have one in IEO it has strict regulation and strict compliance IEO will close down ICO that's for sure.

Delilonia1

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 09:49:20 PM

I totally agree with this. Any on who suspects that an individual is involved in a shady business should also raise an alarm so that other cryptonaires will be guided and not fall into the hands of scammers, posing as though they are legit

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 12:25:18 PM

Such an underwhelming bump of the thread haha, but regarding the theme of the actual topic, past few years were much worse when it comes to scams imo, as there was plenty of dump money on the market for grabs, now people learned their lessons and tend to stay away from shady projects.
imoet

Activity: 322

homt.net

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 12:52:33 PM

The solution above are good. It will make the scammers will think twice to make their bad project. People will not get upset anymore. The crypto world will be clean from unreal projects. It will not easy and take a quite long time but the crypto world will get people trust again.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 12:56:56 PM

The problem is that the majority of crypto community is still against any kind of regulations. They would rather stay anonymous and live will all those scam projects, to avoid regulations in crypto world. I do not get this approach and believe we should finally do this step.

jazmuzika217

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 01:51:53 PM

I think the security is always in our hand. We don't need any application. All we know that the number of scams are continue to increase and getting worst. The safest thing to do is to make your every transactions and your private keys or password private. And do not open unknown link specially asking your personal info like password because they can get your account. Always observe because everything is possible in crypto industry.
Cike_Dati

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 02:28:55 PM

You have to get experience in avoiding scam projects and that's it. I hope you guys will find a solution and would stop investing money in shady projects.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 09:49:52 PM

A very good solution; but most investor won’t agree

The basic principles of trading is to invest and make profit; which is why most investors don’t care about the project; they dump once in profit.

Now that there’s both ico and ieo and ito and others; how will regulation work ? Who will centralize the nature of blockchain ?

Because blockchain to me is decentraliZation
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: