Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:57:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day!  (Read 622 times)
Nawrod

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 02:10:23 PM

BlockChain24.co has just reminded me about it
Wow, it's almost a decade...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 02:25:56 PM

I saw the 60 Minutes segment with the guy who spent 10,000 BTC, and he says he is not upset that he spent it. Actually, he lives in a nice home and has a nice standard of living. I believe Satoshi sent him that amount based on his contributions to the nascent network. According to today's valuation, that would be worth about $800 million.
I am asking myself here why do I keep seeing this $800 million figure used by you and all the publications? According to my calculations, 10000 Bitcoins is actually only worth $80 million at the price of today. Is something missing from my calculations or is Anderson Cooper the famous journalist and all the other news publications making a mistake?

Yes, you are right, 10,000 BTC would be worth about $80 million today - somehow an extra zero was accidentally added by Anderson Cooper. Nonetheless, that's a massive chunk of money.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 02:56:24 PM

I cant imagine the reaction of the person behind it for sure like us who regret not holding bitcoin before the bull run of 2017 and now we can see the start of bull run again, maybe most of his lifeline will be full of regret on what he or she had done.
Pipdips

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 03:12:21 PM

10,000 BTC would be worth about $80 million today - somehow an extra zero was accidentally added by Anderson Cooper. Nonetheless, that's a massive chunk of money.

It was the biggest rip off ever.
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 04:17:31 PM

Ordering pizza in celebrating of the 800 million dollars that was celebrated on za! Guy is a american hero
HyperionXtech
Copper Member

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 06:37:53 PM

The transaction that spawned Bitcoin Pizza Day will go down in history!

For every year that passes, the value of crypto, in general, has increased. This proves time and time again that it is not the market that progresses the tech, but the individuals supporting it.

The community is a powerful force that drives the progression of blockchain into the future.

The purchase of 2 large pizzas was the first documented use case of crypto to be exchanged with a merchant. From there, its utilization has substantially increased!

Now governments and large entities, like banks, are researching and implementing blockchain into their systems. Though this may not be the preferred usage for everyone, it is proving that the tech is highly valuable and is incredibly disruptive.

All and all, we must give a hats off and a round of applause to the two men who made a small interaction a monumental occasion that we can all celebrate together!

Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day to everyone! Cheers and enjoy a slice for our forefathers

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Evolving the way we think about economy ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
● HyperionX.org ●  Hyperion Xenoeconomical Technologies Organization  ● Peerion.io
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  #PlayWithPurpose #WithRootForce  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

⬢ ⬢ Hyperion Xenoeconomical Technologies Organization ⬢ ⬢
⬢ ⬢ Smart products to connect the world ⬢ ⬢
▂▃▅▆ https://www.hyperionx.org/ ▬▬ https://peerion.io/ ▆▅▃▂

[ Whitelist Feb 20, 2019 - March 6, 2019 ●●●● Tree Propagation  MAR 7 2019 - Dec 31 2019 ]
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 06:49:47 PM

It's certainly very unusual now. Now having 10 000 bitcoins it is wealth. Represent as it's a shame this man for that he so spent their bitcoins.

felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 07:50:13 PM

yes in the last 10 years many people could realize there dreams with bitcoin.
But also many People lost in the last 10 years huge amount in investing at false time Cheesy

regards
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 07:50:50 PM

I dont think anyone who did this will want to remember and it is also a lesson to learn from for every holder.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 08:53:31 PM

maybe to celebrate bitcoin pizza day, it should be a historic national moment on Bitcointalk by adding special ornaments like April Fool.  Grin

Merit can turn into pizza slices for the day, so we can share cheesy treats with deserving forum members  Wink

Ronnie @ Cloudbet
that is a good idea, I like that...  Grin

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:08:12 PM

I wouldn't call it a choice but I call this one a tragedy. I don't know how much the owner of those 10,000 bitcoins will say now. If you will convert that amount to the ATH let's say it was $19,000. So $19000 x 10,000 = $190,000,000. So this is it everyone. A $41 for $190M. This is why I call this tragedy and what would be the regret of that guy with this. This is what I'm dying to know.

DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:05:41 PM

Of if only he knew what he would be capable of achieving with 10,000 Bitcoins Undecided
Sad guy's fate, i wonder what price would be by now if would be willing to exchange those during current times Cheesy
Nevertheless we should all learn from these mistakes and prepare ourselves for what price is coming next Wink

Nothing to see here
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:22:08 PM

Of if only he knew what he would be capable of achieving with 10,000 Bitcoins Undecided
Sad guy's fate, i wonder what price would be by now if would be willing to exchange those during current times Cheesy
Nevertheless we should all learn from these mistakes and prepare ourselves for what price is coming next Wink
The truth is that you wont also know that the price of bitcoin will skyrocket if you are in his position  because bitcoins back then is not really that important and have only a little to less value when compared to the latter years  but let say that he still have those 10k bitcoins , i think he is now a multi billionaire stud  .  

Like what you said , this should be a lesson to him and also to all of us that we should not be hasty in life especially on bitcoin and cryptocurrencies becuse we now know the true worth of cryptos  .
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:25:50 PM

This is an incredible story, does anybody knows if there was more than one pizza day, back in 2010.
This post a few months later sounds like he bought pizzas for bitcoins more than one time!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.msg7544#msg7544

No, this was referring to the one which is now being celebrated. There's no more time he bought pizza. I just have read that topic.

HyperionXtech
Copper Member

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 11:55:28 PM

He seems pretty optimistic about the entire ordeal. Check out this article by Bitcoin Magazine,
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-man-behind-bitcoin-pizza-day-is-more-than-a-meme-hes-a-mining-pioneer/

Laszlo Hanyecz, the individual who ordered the pizzas, approaches the infamous pizza purchase, and questions surrounding it, the same way he approaches Bitcoin: with good-humored aplomb, rather than bitter regret. In fact, he doesn’t see it as a loss at all; he sees it as a win.

“A trade happens because both parties think they’re getting a good deal,” he said. “I felt like I was beating the internet, getting free food. I was like, ‘Man, I got these GPUs linked together, now I’m going to mine twice as fast. I’m just going to be eating free food; I’ll never have to buy food again.’”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Evolving the way we think about economy ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
● HyperionX.org ●  Hyperion Xenoeconomical Technologies Organization  ● Peerion.io
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  #PlayWithPurpose #WithRootForce  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

⬢ ⬢ Hyperion Xenoeconomical Technologies Organization ⬢ ⬢
⬢ ⬢ Smart products to connect the world ⬢ ⬢
▂▃▅▆ https://www.hyperionx.org/ ▬▬ https://peerion.io/ ▆▅▃▂

[ Whitelist Feb 20, 2019 - March 6, 2019 ●●●● Tree Propagation  MAR 7 2019 - Dec 31 2019 ]
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: