Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Would Really Buy Facebook Coin?  (Read 11117 times)
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 12:28:20 PM

Honestly, who would buy this? Serious question! I've been reading about it and I don't see how Facebook can create a coin that upholds the values crypto portrays (censorship free currency).

Facebook have zero interest in upholding any values, whether those of crypto or not. They are about as unethical as you can get. The only thing that drives them is the prospect of profit and commercial advantage, and they achieve this largely through mining all of our personal data.

I suspect millions (billions?) of people who use FB would use the coin, and I would expect it to be a success. Personally though I despise FB and everything they do, and I would go out of my way not to use their coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
almiani

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 02:54:47 PM

I prefer to wait and speculate when Libra enters the market, I still rarely find information about libra and how to buy it

arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:26:44 PM

There are people and investors lined up already to buy the Facebook Libra coin, I for once will like to buy but I would want to stand aside first and observe before I can invest

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:36:18 PM

no doubt facbooks entry in crypto is a big thing for bitcoin and crypto industry.as they will make a stable coin then mostly huge members will buy this coin and also lots of new comer will buy too.

idekai

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:49:08 PM

Libra coin made for the facebook user to make their financial transaction easier, it is not for investing. It is just as same as Tether ( USDT )

Libra is a stablecoin, a coin designed to resist volatility and maintain a constant value. Most stablecoins are “pegged” to a particular world currency; Tether and Gemini Coin, for example, are both supposed to be tied to the U.S. dollar.
Source : https://www.forbes.com/sites/nataliakarayaneva/2019/07/03/will-investors-at-facebook-libra-bail-out#708a43652ca1

Orionix      |│      The Future of Gaming Comission Free Games And Items Exchange
WHITEPAPER     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ANN THREAD
Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 10:58:44 PM

Honestly, who would buy this? Serious question! I've been reading about it and I don't see how Facebook can create a coin that upholds the values crypto portrays (censorship free currency).

https://tipestry.com/topics/5ce41169570b6c1f0750a040/facebook-to-release-its-own-cryptocurrency-on-whatsapp-%E2%80%93-libracoin-%E2%80%93-with-its-base-in-switzerland-and-first-launch-in-india

only dumb people buy stable coins smart investors stay away....why?

because when you buy stable coin you really exchange money and not invest because the price will not grow very simple....its like to exchange usd to euro its not investment ...very simple, and if you exchange money to something stable it will be gold/diamonds rather then shitty stable coin

even more , libra its not real stable crypto coin i just fucking lazy to explain this but its not crypto coin ask expert blockchain!

tether stable coin more then hal of the volume is fake!!

this game is 2 sided

one side the smartest which stay away from stable coins and huge supply projects with billions coins
the other side where all the dumb people stuck with stable coins and huge supply projects which will never grow
Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 10:59:57 PM

That's not even a question because Facebook is already very popular and by just announcing their coins, lots of big investors will be on the line waiting for when they release it fully so that they can all get in as early buyers when it is cheap. So just he sure that if Facebook releases any cryptocurrency it is going very big and it's likely going to be one of the biggest cryptocurrency in the market. They own one of the biggest social media network in the world and they can use them to even promote their coins the more and that will attract lots of investors everyday. Facebook is going to be a big opponent for other altcoins.

Many large companies support Libra Coin. Maybe this is because it was launched by the largest social media company in the world with 2 billion active members. I think, Libra coin has a great opportunity to compete in the crypto market and even make the market more attractive

only dumb people buy stable coins smart investors stay away....why?

because when you buy stable coin you really exchange money and not invest because the price will not grow very simple....its like to exchange usd to euro its not investment ...very simple, and if you exchange money to something stable it will be gold/diamonds rather then shitty stable coin

even more , libra its not real stable crypto coin i just fucking lazy to explain this but its not crypto coin ask expert blockchain!

tether stable coin more then hal of the volume is fake!!

this game is 2 sided

one side the smartest which stay away from stable coins and huge supply projects with billions coins
the other side where all the dumb people stuck with stable coins and huge supply projects which will never grow
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 11:17:05 PM

That question has been on my mind too but I see a lot of big investors keying in on the Facebook coin. It's the news around now and I see it bringing more adoptions in the cryptocurrency world when it's finally launched.
Therefore it's wise to buy this coin, when majority of the money from the investors are willing to buy this coin, why would we resist ourselves from doing so. Personally, I'm a facebook user and the fact that I use that means I trusted them, and this one for sure I could also trust them as they would not launch the project without complying to the law and that makes us protected and gives the project more potential to grow.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
romaleshc

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 11:24:12 PM

https://tipestry.com/topics/5ce41169570b6c1f0750a040/facebook-to-release-its-own-cryptocurrency-on-whatsapp-%E2%80%93-libracoin-%E2%80%93-with-its-base-in-switzerland-and-first-launch-in-india

There are alot of people wanting to buy Libracoin due to the high demand of this crypto. So that if you want to make a big profit in the next time, spend money for Libra and holding for the long-term. Libracoin will beat BTC in the next year I thinking because the Facebook is the big brand of the world.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
MTL4

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:42:08 AM

Facebook is basically trying to act like a central bank by tying Libra (digital credit) to regular currencies and hiding it behind a blockchain cloak......I wouldn't trust it any more than I would trust FB to keep my data safe from abuse.
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:50:51 AM

With Facebook members reaching billions, there is potential for us to make transactions between Facebook members. This can be a business opportunity because with Libra coin, transactions will be easier and faster.

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 01:10:59 AM

There are alot of people wanting to buy Libracoin due to the high demand of this crypto. So that if you want to make a big profit in the next time, spend money for Libra and holding for the long-term. Libracoin will beat BTC in the next year I thinking because the Facebook is the big brand of the world.

I think it's hard for Libra coin to defeat bitcoin. Libra Coin may be supported by many large companies and Facebook has many members but Libra Coin is like a stable coin and in my opinion cannot be used as an investment. People will prefer bitcoin because the price will potentially continue to rise

ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 01:22:37 AM

the rumour said facebook coin or libra coin would be stable coin, so if that true i don't have any reason to buy that. For short iinvest it's not worth , because you don't get any profit for that.
Jpti

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 02:57:55 AM

Everybody are keen on buying Libra coin I think. Facebook is so much popular and is being used by millions of people across the globe. So its users want to get Libra coin for various purpose.
Libra coin is stable coin. Its value will not fluctuate unlike other coins. So many people want to buy this coin for various purposes given by Facebook. I am desperately waiting for Libra.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Pelana vreo

Activity: 744

Syntrum.com

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:33:54 AM

Everybody are keen on buying Libra coin I think. Facebook is so much popular and is being used by millions of people across the globe. So its users want to get Libra coin for various purpose.
Libra coin is stable coin. Its value will not fluctuate unlike other coins. So many people want to buy this coin for various purposes given by Facebook. I am desperately waiting for Libra.

I'm not too sure this coin is really stable, even USDT is a stable coin, but it once had prices below 1 USD.
the idea of ​​Libra coins is almost the same as other conventional currencies, this will make the world's currencies restless because Libra coins have many company partners such as eBay and other major partners

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:58:52 AM

If Libra coin get listed and paired with ETH and bitcoin on exchange there will be a use case for Libra just as how useful USDC and tether stable coin is so let's hope its listed on exchanges

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
HudiBaba@06

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:47:52 AM

Well as we speak of the So called Facebook coin (Libra) here the campaigns have already begun to grasp much of the user Base to purchase their coin.  but Yeah comparing it to the Bitcoin as Bitcoin has already set it stage out in the market at its own terms. Libra has just arrived out in the market in a Fancy way.  Which is most likely on the name of Face book which clearly seems that it has got some kind of potential in it. Obviously Facebook has millions of user Base in it so Introduction is not much needed for campaigning for "Libra" well Facebook is clearly smart and they try to play their game really well to Grab much of consumers to invest in their So called coin Libra which might be stating that it is all Legal.
So, Let's see how far does this Libra competes out in the market.
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:57:35 AM

You just have no idea on how many advertisers that are using Facebook right now so that they can achieve thousand of sales. I'm pretty sure that facebook will impose the new rules in the future that these marketers need to buy Libra coin so they are able to run their ads on their gigantic marketplace. Hate or love it, Facebook's coin Libra will be relevant.
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 08:49:09 AM

If there are use-cases, then people will buy, such as paying for uber with a small discount, or to make achievements for users, it would be fun.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:02:08 AM

I think we should wait for the launch of Libra Mainnet and see the use cases of the coin. If people will be able to use it in everyday life, it will be in demand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: