Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:32:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: May 22, Bitcoin Pizza Festival, which project do you participate in?  (Read 131 times)
liuyanian (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 07:05:40 AM

On May 22nd, today is the Bitcoin Pizza Festival. Many project parties are holding the Pisa Festival. Which project are you involved in? Are you a holder?
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 08:00:44 AM

Today is the day when the whole bitcoin community all over the world is celebrating the popular Bitcoin Pizza Day in commemoration of that very special pizza order worth 10,000 bitcoin which could have been millions of dollars at today's bitcoin price. Who would have thought that an order like that can be imprinted in the bitcoin history? There are many stories, myths and legends connected to bitcoin but this pizza story is one on the top. Welcome and let's celebrate the day by ordering pizzas and some beer.
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 08:40:23 AM

There are an article on the Bitcoin Pizza Day and a short interview video with Laszlo Hanyecz, whom spent 10000 bitcoin for two pizzas (video links provided in the article), that worths around $80 mil. today. I don't know the real feelings the man has but in reality his spendings years ago for two pizzas with bitcoin actually changed the world entirely, then years later we have a strong crypto ecosystem and more widely acceptance of bitcoin. I believe that crypto enthusiast will never forget what Laszlo Hanyecz did.
https://interestingengineering.com/bitcoin-pizza-day-celebrates-guy-who-spent-800-million-dollars-on-supreme-pies
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:36:12 AM

On May 22nd, today is the Bitcoin Pizza Festival. Many project parties are holding the Pisa Festival. Which project are you involved in? Are you a holder?
Well in my country we are having nothing so big but a get together of all the crypto market available in my city, we came together for just 1 hour since most of us are busy and also love to be on our computers and ate pizzas together, the cafe we bought the pizza also knew that today is bitcoin pizza day and knows that we are people who understand how bitcoin works, so he gave us the pizza at 50% discount price then it's original, he also joined us in participating in the meeting where we talked about how to grow the community over here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: