Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC vs USD - Which one is better?  (Read 13672 times)
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:15:40 PM

It still goes down to the same old arguement " crypto and fiat". I believe both have their merits and their demerits and so we muat just accept that we need both. While we all know the benefits of btc, we cannot ignore the fact that we still change our btc to fiat, in most cases, in order to spend it sonce not all shops accept btc.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
candra raditya
Copper Member

Activity: 455
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:18:20 PM

If you compare bitcoin with USD, then first to understand what you need, and if you want investment then bitcoin is better.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:23:40 PM

If you compare bitcoin with USD, then first to understand what you need, and if you want investment then bitcoin is better.

You got a point here  . some people will answer based on what they trully need but some will answer based on what is really useful . for me i think both are too useful  . i need usd for local purchases or for local use rather but i also need bitcoin for digital purposes ( e.g online shopping , trades , invests , gambling with crypto )   .  id say that no one is better because both currencies have thier advantage and dissadvantage .
Reosta_

Activity: 994
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:53:00 PM

You can invest in Bitcoin and make profit more than you invest in and make profit on USD. The risk of using Bitcoin is that there are rises and falls on Bitcoin price. This effects the money you invest in and there is a possibility that you can lose all your money.

sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:15:38 PM

I love btc always and i think it will better than cash.You just follow your way to make cash your asset .But what you will do and what will be better than crypto is?? I just try to earn btc or hold my asset and you use it as cash when i need to do that only otherwise i will love and need to earn btc and go through .I think the world moving fast to depend on digital currency.So that it will better to earn crypto not to cash your whole asset to lose your capital early.

kamBlanV

Activity: 441

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:36:07 PM

Of course.  I choose Bitcoin.  USD volatility is very slow and very easily influenced by internal factors such as geopolotics. 
but BTC has fast and high volatility.  safe and also believed to be an asset to save value and to store from the global crisis. 
Today's BTC problem is adoption.  when the world has accepted BTCas a legal transaction tool.  then BTC will create an uptrend.

princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:59:59 AM

Bitcoin is used in different ways by different people who do not want to rely on some banks out there. It gives us full freedom in controlling our money and assets but as of now, it cannot be used for the everyday transaction, unlike USD. Usd can be used worldwide, big companies even small ones know it and accept it, unlike BTC. There are both pros and cons for each currency that cannot be compared with one another. 
Innerpumper

Activity: 1021
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 02:29:47 AM

i think now industry revolutions 4.0. So, many platform will need new technology and blockchain is perfect technology with decentralization system. I sure, for future banking will use blockchain tech because decentralization will make easer many people. i see many project financial use blockchain. So, i think bitcoin have great technology better USD system

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 03:34:01 AM

For long term btc is better because it increase its value as time passes. But when we talk about their usage, usd is better for now because not really all of the business or establishments have the capability to adopt bitcoin or cryptocurrency.
soulripper

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 03:42:44 AM

Usd is a real fiat that backed by a country. The price are stable but will not increace much higher than bitcoin of course. Bitcoin is a better choice to make an investment as the limit for it grow are still available.
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 04:57:12 AM

Usd is a real fiat that backed by a country. The price are stable but will not increace much higher than bitcoin of course. Bitcoin is a better choice to make an investment as the limit for it grow are still available.
it's true that USD money has been used for a long time and can be used everywhere and accepts all payments easily, so I agree that BTC as an investment with fantastic increases and decreases
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 05:55:56 AM

The problem with USD is that the $20 trillion federal debt is hanging above its head like the sword of Damocles. The debt has grown to 100% of the GDP, and at some point of time, there is going to be a collapse. And once that happens, the purchasing power of USD will go down drastically. No such risk for Bitcoin, as it is a decentralized asset free from central bank interference.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:31:07 AM

Choosing between Bitcoin and US Dollars depends on the investor but as a crypto enthusiasts i would like to hold 60% of my funds in BTC and the rest in US dollars. I believe in bitcoin to rise to another all time high again but in case this ambitious move of mine does not come true then i would compensate myself with the 40% stored in USD. It's just playing safe

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:52:08 AM

If you have to use it daily for all of your transaction to make  a living - currently USD is still needed. It's also easier for the most people to handle it. You can use it just in your ledger or online and your bank does all the securities for you.  So for now, USD is "better" for daily usage. But i'm sure it will change in the near future, BTC will be easier to handle for the mass Cool
FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 12:28:57 PM

These guys have some interesting stuff going on here https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/bitcoin-vs-usd-for-storing-value-purposes/

Today, I would personally pick USD as it can be used world wide and for a variety of purposes. However, if BTC were to stop being JUST a speculative asset I would contemplate making the switch. I like being in control of my cash without having to depend on some greedy bank!

Thoughts?

I think bitcoin will become stabilized in the near future. Government and countries will surely make and agreement and regulations that will make it not spike and plummet too much like it used to be like now when we trade it. It should be $1M per BTC for sure and that is how I see all this revolution of us going to end successfully.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 12:46:44 PM

I think USD is nothing compared to a virtual currency such as Bitcoin, for example, if you got $10,000 and just keep it in a safe for 20 years I bet it will not grow and even if you put in banks take and give you small payments but Bitcoin on the other hand if you invest 10000 dollars today and wait for 20 years then after course you will get maybe double or triple of your money because of the mining system.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 03:44:39 PM

Though bitcoin is good, I would still choose USD. Really, bitcoin is a leap of fate -- it is an experiment. Compared to the long history of USD, bitcoin is nothing. Blockchain is good and all but it is not excellent enough to lead a technological revolution that will change our society on the long run.

franciscoDC

Activity: 357
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 03:58:29 PM

Quick review,bitcoin price is absolutely unstable unlike USD,USD price is so much stable and if its price was move its only change a small amount either up or down,so i could‘nt say what is better i think it is depend on your situation if you are trader or investor.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 04:19:52 PM

Though bitcoin is good, I would still choose USD. Really, bitcoin is a leap of fate -- it is an experiment. Compared to the long history of USD, bitcoin is nothing. Blockchain is good and all but it is not excellent enough to lead a technological revolution that will change our society on the long run.

If you compare fiat with Crypto, I will say, Crypto has older history. Cryptography is more secure than fiat. It is true that crypto is volatile. We saw numerous hacks, people have lost millions in BTC. But centralized authorities are stealing more  money. People are scared of crypto but they spend millions in gambling. Blockchain is a revolution already. With time, crypto will be the main stream of finance, economy. Hence DEX are rising, centralized exchanges will become history and BTC will be more mysterious.
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 04:55:31 PM

it's one of the difficult choices regardless of the function of bitcoin & usd has its own advantages but if it requires choosing between the two currencies I personally prefer bitcoin because there are many advantages in it to change the financial industry better and a quick way to make transactions without intermediaries. but over time I believe that the currency will change with digitalization and one of them is cryptocurrency which will be a bridge between the real world and digital.

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: