Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:48:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC vs USD - Which one is better?  (Read 13672 times)
Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 08:52:30 PM

As my opinion there's no such comparison between btc and usd.
Because one is crypto currency and another is real money.
Both are from different platform.
But personally i will go for usd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
baundul

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 09:11:12 PM

The price of the USD will not be dumped at any time, but Bitcoin prices may increase or decrease further. As a result, the USD will keep your capital stable. Since Bitcoin is not stable in the USD, it will help in accumulating profit as the price increases, and there is a possibility of losing the capital by reducing the price. Which might be better to protect the market and its own strategies are preferred.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 10:31:20 PM

While BTC has some interesting things going  on for it, USD is still the most widely acceptable means of exchange globally, isn't as volatile as Bitcoin.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
Dixbless

Activity: 40
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 11:07:05 PM

It's the hard question. The things which are happening with usd now make me think that btc is better.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 01:22:54 AM

These guys have some interesting stuff going on here https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/bitcoin-vs-usd-for-storing-value-purposes/

Today, I would personally pick USD as it can be used world wide and for a variety of purposes. However, if BTC were to stop being JUST a speculative asset I would contemplate making the switch. I like being in control of my cash without having to depend on some greedy bank!

Thoughts?

Comparing between dollars and bitcoin is like comparing apples to elephants. The dollar is a tool for daily transactions that circulation and the supply is controlled by the Fed and different from bitcoin which has no control and is decentralized. We can see it at a current price, the proof is  the price of bitcoin which is far more valuable than US dollar
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 02:42:43 AM

It's the hard question. The things which are happening with usd now make me think that btc is better.
But I will still prefer USD since it was already a fiat that is ready to be used for wherever you are. Unlike btc that you need to convert it first to fiat like usd before it can be used. Also there is also advantage of bitcoin that lacks the USD so I think comparing this two isn't appropriate
djadmika

Activity: 87
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 03:07:00 AM

But I will still prefer USD since it was already a fiat that is ready to be used for wherever you are. Unlike btc that you need to convert it first to fiat like usd before it can be used. Also there is also advantage of bitcoin that lacks the USD so I think comparing this two isn't appropriate

Maybe for now you prefer USD because of the ease of doing transactions. But in the next few years when BTC is generally accepted as a payment tool, maybe you will rethink your current choices. With a decentralized P2P system, it will enable you to quickly and cheaply trade with everyone from all parts of the world.
Trangtkhd2709

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 09:02:05 AM

I always trust bitcoin in terms of usability and convenience, so I choose to use bitcoin instead of USD even though it's riskier than USD.
ModanaLee

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:43:00 PM

I prefer USDT. But I still don't understand how it is better to convert ones btc to usdt.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 05:28:28 AM

While BTC has some interesting things going  on for it, USD is still the most widely acceptable means of exchange globally, isn't as volatile as Bitcoin.

USD is the reserve currency of the world ever since the end of WW2. So you can expect it to have a great deal of acceptability. As a currency, it is accepted as a mode of payment in every nook and corner of the world. It will take ages for Bitcoin or any other crypto to catch up with the United States Dollar. But we don't need to worry about it. Out aim is not to make Bitcoin the next reserve currency.
Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 01:48:45 PM

There is no comparison between Bitcoin and USD. USD is fiat and stable currency. But Bitcoin is a modern currency and I always chose Bitcoin.USD price does not move so much and the Bitcoin price is increasing or decreasing so much. So you can earn your profit by trading with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is better than USD. Bitcoin is a profitable and reliable investment sector.

Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 03:51:21 PM

paper money supply only grow hence the value only will go down while the price in supermarkets/house/cars and other slowly go up...

do you know that smart criminals only inside the usa fake money one on one in the range of millions per day and the goverment print non stop....and after all this the usa is backed by 20 trillion and growing debt and all other paper money value is shit only one or two is great like euro and another one the other s value is shit and yet all they depend on the usd which can crash like greece,  in example its like to fuel car with hole ,,,,to much supply of paper  money which  mean the value only will go down and not other way again in different words there is huge vulnerability in paper money.

all what i wrote here recheck with expert economist.

crypto is also store of value and cash in the same time,,,,which mean people who store value in gold/diamond and fear the paper money after few crashes was in the usa where are the main banks in the world and greece crashed and other paper monies like india and russia and other their value is complete shit.....and the usd which all other depend on him backed by 20 trillion debt and growing....after all this rich people convert money to diamonds and some gold....which mean if they want to use it as money/cash they must to convert it to some other value(cash) in order to buy everything...which mean the selling rate of gold/diamonds will always grow in some sort of level which mean its hurt the value its like people sell bitcoin at the peak,

another point is bitcoin and other small supply coins are much more less in supply relative to gold/diamonds there is equation to know this...

another thing and last is crypto/bitcoin is store of value like gold/diamond and cash in the same time which mean the selling rate soon will fall drastically becasue we can buy almost everything and dont needed to convert them to paper money and this effect will surge the prices of crypto -- only low supply coins
whyrqa-1

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 05:33:58 PM

At least today, many users thanks to Bitcoin get quite a good and stable profit in the cryptocurrency market.  To be objective, for example, I have a very positive attitude towards using Bitcoin and the dollar at the same time, while these two currencies do not compete with each other.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 06:19:43 PM

At least today, many users thanks to Bitcoin get quite a good and stable profit in the cryptocurrency market.  To be objective, for example, I have a very positive attitude towards using Bitcoin and the dollar at the same time, while these two currencies do not compete with each other.
Apparently someone is very true or pushing cryptocurrency and fiat currency.  Although the indignation of the authorities of the United States of America regarding the new Libra project is very noticeable, although they have not previously expressed any negative news regarding the entire cryptocurrency market.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:27:23 PM

If you compare USD with BTC, then it won't be exactly apple to apple comparison. First of all, Bitcoin is a currency that is decentralized and protected against inflation by the principle of controlled supply. On the other hand, the United States Dollar is a currency that is centralized and not protected against inflation. The purchasing power of BTC may either remain stable or increase in the due course of time, while that of USD will decrease.

That's certainly true, mate. Despite the differences between the USD and BTC, crypto seems to be the way of the future. We've seen how many benefits Bitcoin provides to the mainstream world. It's portable, scarce, and secure unlike any other currency in existence today. For this mere reason, people should choose Bitcoin over the USD. However, the volatility in prices within the crypto market, prevents Bitcoin from being used as a digital currency for daily transactions.

Which is why, the USD will be the lead in this regard, where millions of people use it continuously everyday without worrying about unstable prices. Of course, it's believed that the USD in its physical form will no longer exist. But, it will adapt towards Blockchain technology making it relatively comparable towards today's most popular cryptocurrencies in the world (like Bitcoin and Ethereum).

Nonetheless, for some people, the USD will be better than Bitcoin and vice versa. It greatly depends on the person's preference over one currency from the other. Still, it would've been best if more people would choose BTC over USD in order to threaten its existence. But, that's very unlikely to happen at least in the time being. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 06:33:33 PM

I think that the question is initially formulated not correctly. At least at this stage of cryptocurrency development. But in the future, this issue may become very important. And as I said it will be very interesting)
At this stage, we should promote the development of cryptocurrency and change people's attitude to cryptocurrency.

TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 10:34:47 PM

I think bitcoin is the best option between, U$D Banks full of interest just want to take our money in a legal and easy way kk

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 10:56:55 PM

In the investor's point of view, Bitcoin is far better than USD. In as much that Bitcoin is just a digital asset and has a volatile nature, it is a better avenue for investors to make good amount of profits within a short period of time.  Looking at the systems used to run both Bitcoin and USD, the decentralized system of bitcoin makes it better than the centralized nature of USD. Centralization brings about limitation in term of the usage of USD compared to Bitcoin.
Sihab76

Activity: 1302
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 03:20:12 AM

I think bitcoin are more important and better than fiat money usd..with transactions of bitcoin no third party Clints are required but usd need third party.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:13:51 PM

Bitcoin is for people who don't want government orcentral bank interventions and want their transactions free from any kinds of middleman. Bitcoin is a better one when it comes to financial independence and you can increase its value without the need of being employed. In holding a bitcoin, its value might increase to many times compared to fiat which won't increase unless you find job to earn more money.

Exactly. The main feature of Bitcoin is freedom. That's something you cannot obtain with the USD or any other well-known Fiat currency to date. Governments always want to gain control over their people, and they achieve this by enforcing the use of their national currency. It's much easier for them to track it, as well as, manipulate it to their own will. Unlike Bitcoin, Fiat currencies like the USD and EUR are subject to high inflation rates over time. Governments can easily print more money at will, greatly reducing the value of their underlying currency.

In the case of Bitcoin, its supply is fixed and no one is in charge of its issuance worldwide. Not to mention, it's virtually indestructible because of its distributed and decentralized nature. It's almost impossible for governments to try to shutdown Bitcoin completely in this regard. Which means, that Bitcoin will last for many generations while Fiat will slowly die until governments devise a digital currency of their own.

Nonetheless, Bitcoin proves to be ten times better than the USD in many ways. But, both have their unique use cases depending on the person's needs. Since the USD is stable, one could use it as a daily currency while Bitcoin can be used as a store of value. Either way, there's a wide array of options for people to choose from in order to perform transactions within the mainstream world. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: