Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:39:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin down Litecoin UP 2014  (Read 10198 times)
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:42:26 AM

What do you expect will happen, when huobi starts trading Litecoin? I would expect a short and sharp decline back to around 0.0200 for the LTC/BTC pair.

Any argument for that? Because there is no logic in that... ltc demand will only grow with huobi trading volume - bigger demand=bigger price. I expext a spike to the 0.05. Lots off ltc will be moved on chinies exchanges now.

(...)

As I said, the indicators for LTC/BTC and LTC/USD are looking pretty overbought ATM.

And when huobi starts litecoin trading, it would be a perfect timing for the indicators to come down.

In 2013 bitcoin appreciated 100 fold - litecoin appreciated (only) 40 fold.

For 2014 I see litecoin outperform bitcoin.

Litecoin out preformed bit in 2013 , it went up 33000%

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:36:01 PM

What do you expect will happen, when huobi starts trading Litecoin? I would expect a short and sharp decline back to around 0.0200 for the LTC/BTC pair.

Any argument for that? Because there is no logic in that... ltc demand will only grow with huobi trading volume - bigger demand=bigger price. I expext a spike to the 0.05. Lots off ltc will be moved on chinies exchanges now.

(...)

As I said, the indicators for LTC/BTC and LTC/USD are looking pretty overbought ATM.

And when huobi starts litecoin trading, it would be a perfect timing for the indicators to come down.

In 2013 bitcoin appreciated 100 fold - litecoin appreciated (only) 40 fold.

For 2014 I see litecoin outperform bitcoin.

Litecoin out preformed bit in 2013 , it went up 33000%

You are right here; shouldn´t have mentioned 2013 at all. I took the data for litecoin only since it was traded at relevant exchanges (around may 2013).

But one could argue with overall price appreciation since inception (with inception meaning the coin is available at exchanges).

Bitcoin has risen from 0.06$ to 1200$ = 20,000 fold

Litecoin has risen from 0.07$ to 48$ = 685 fold

Of course I would never argue that way...
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:54:18 PM

Every single new coin outperforms bitcoin. They increase from nothing to something. That's an infinite increase.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:00:07 PM

Every single new coin outperforms bitcoin. They increase from nothing to something. That's an infinite increase.

Litecoin is not a new coin, it is 2.5 years old...
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:00:24 PM

but didn't Bitcoin do this, as well?

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:02:03 PM

So we see that the newer a coin is the better it performs vs bitcoin. And moving on.

Zapffe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:03:25 PM

LTC will probably repeat history... at first the manipulative whales will hold back the rise just to raise tension, and then it will suddenly be released, creating an very fast surge upwards.
It was exactly like that during the last couple of days with 9.5-10$
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:14:06 PM

LTC will probably repeat history... at first the manipulative whales will hold back the rise just to raise tension, and then it will suddenly be released, creating an very fast surge upwards.

just to add something here, Litecoin distribution seems more fair than Bitcoin's distribution, while more than 45% is held on addressed from 0-10000 LTC and only 34% are held from addresses with 100000-10000000 in which 2 of these addresses are owned by BTC-e and OKcoin, this means only exchanges hold 23% of people's Litecoins.

this brings us to 70% held by small holders like me.

beside the huge development and marketing going around Litecoin, the fact of the distribution compared to Bitcoin's distribution, and the fact that I dont have to worry about satoshi's coins or the stolen coins from Mtgox....  is really attracting

Source: http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-litecoin-addresses.html

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:20:54 PM

Your communist ideas of fairness is what drives every western political decision and the very reason the economy is tanking. Truck on comrade.

Zapffe

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:21:52 PM

just to add something here, Litecoin distribution seems more fair than Bitcoin's distribution, while more than 45% is held on addressed from 0-10000 LTC and only 34% are held from addresses with 100000-10000000 in which 2 of these addresses are owned by BTC-e and OKcoin, this means only exchanges hold 23% of people's Litecoins.

this brings us to 70% held by small holders like me.

beside the huge development and marketing going around Litecoin, the fact of the distribution compared to Bitcoin's distribution, and the fact that I dont have to worry about satoshi's coins or the stolen coins from Mtgox....  is really attracting

Source: http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-litecoin-addresses.html

https://i.imgur.com/K5rmEGc.png

I don't know exactly about distribution, but the insider whales at BTC-E are kind of dumb brutes, who should learn more refined methods for market manipulation then fake 2mil.$+ buy/sell walls. Things like that make people turn away from LTC. The market will always be manipulated, but just don't be so damn obvious when you do it.

In the general idea, I agree that LTC probably has a bright future.
I'll quote myself here, what I posted couple of days ago when talking about Houbi accepting LTC.

It will increase the LTC trade volume and will cause it's price to rise. There will probably be a very fast rise,similae to the previous spikes. Over time LTC will gain more traction and it will probably be traded on Bitstamp soon, because Stamp will start losing volume to BTC-E, because of the good arbitrage options between China. Because of the same base source-code, it will be simple for all the service companies to adopt LTC usage.
The future for LTC is probably bright.
In the future, it will be easier to sell LTC then BTC, because it has less criminal history, publicly known creator and scrypt having it's advantages in hash rate growth stability and in not being made by the NSA, that isn't currently an very popular organization.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:26:59 PM

Your communist ideas of fairness is what drives every western political decision and the very reason the economy is tanking. Truck on comrade.

communism ? is it the new thing of " I don't like your opinion" ? when equal chances became communism ?

I think I am the biggest capitalist, but I have values and morals, I don't drink people's blood in order to make some profits or gain a better position, this way of Communism thing exist only in your dictionary, I would think of it as a human rights.....
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:30:56 PM

communism ? is it the new thing of " I don't like your opinion" ? when equal chances became communism ?

I think I am the biggest capitalist, but I have values and morals, I don't drink people's blood in order to make some profits or gain a better position, this way of Communism thing exist only in your dictionary, I would think of it as a human rights.....
You equate a more even spread of litecoin with fairness compared to bitcoin. That is communist thinking. Equal distribution of resources.

DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:32:08 PM

What does lead you to think this?
Zapffe

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:35:21 PM

You can't comprehend that fair wealth distribution is an important factor for an effective economy.
Sierra Leone has one of the worst income equality for instance while Japan has one of the best. Now try to compare the economies of those 2 countries and call Japanese "communists".

The funny thing is that people like you will mostly be first to whine about fairness when someone just takes something from you by force.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:39:33 PM

You equate a more even spread of litecoin with fairness compared to bitcoin. That is communist thinking. Equal distribution of resources.

don't make a fool of your self, the equal distribution comes from the fact that Litecoin's launch was announced before, people knew what is a cryptocurrency thanks to Bitcoin, they all started mining with a different equipment, so Litecoin wasn't competing with Bitcoin over the network hash power.

also now that we know Satoshi is still around with the 1 million coin he owns, yes he deserve owning them but...we don't know what will happen with them or with the mtgox coins or with the many stolen coins, I would better feel if I spread the risk between these 2 coins.

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:41:37 PM

You can't comprehend that fair wealth distribution is an important factor for an effective economy.
Sierra Leone has one of the worst income equality for instance while Japan has one of the best. Now try to compare the economies of those 2 countries and call Japanese "communists".

The funny thing is that people like you will mostly be first to whine about fairness when someone just takes something from you by force.

exactly, I am thankful that I am not the only one who think this way Smiley
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:45:20 PM

don't make a fool of your self, the equal distribution comes from the fact that Litecoin's launch was announced before, people knew what is a cryptocurrency thanks to Bitcoin, they all started mining with a different equipment, so Litecoin wasn't competing with Bitcoin over the network hash power.

also now that we know Satoshi is still around with the 1 million coin he owns, yes he deserve owning them but...we don't know what will happen with them or with the mtgox coins or with the many stolen coins, I would better feel if I spread the risk between these 2 coins.

I know perfectly well why the distribution looks the way it does. You are missing the point. You used the word fair about it. That's just another form of superstition. A rationalization to justify your position. That you think it is fair does not mean it will work better, comrade.

There will always be people who have more money than others. If lite somehow became bigger than bitcoin it would happen again. There would be another gox, new major heists.

If you think a more even distribution of coins is a good thing then you should focus on a coin that enforces this. Litecoin can't, and trying to promote it based on the current distribution is foolish.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:51:14 PM

exactly, I am thankful that I am not the only one who think this way Smiley
The state does take money by force. In my country, ~50%. And it is taken automatically from our salaries before the money has a chance to enter our accounts.

Japan has a higher debt than most (all?) western countries in terms of percent to GDP. Google is your friend in instances like this. They are on the list of countries with economies set to collapse. Largely due to our western influence on their economy.

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:59:06 PM

I know perfectly well why the distribution looks the way it does. You are missing the point. You used the word fair about it. That's just another form of superstition. A rationalization to justify your position. That you think it is fair does not mean it will work better, comrade.

There will always be people who have more money than others. If lite somehow became bigger than bitcoin it would happen again. There would be another gox, new major heists.

If you think a more even distribution of coins is a good thing then you should focus on a coin that enforces this. Litecoin can't, and trying to promote it based on the current distribution is foolish.

again, this will be my last respond to you, it is different when you don't have a chance or when the chance is taken from you than when you do have a chance and you give it up or you agree to compromise your position...two whole different stories.

I can debate this thing with you for days, but I speak of my experience and I deeply feel and mean every word I said, I am born and raised in a 3rd world country but lived 1/3 of my life in Europe, I know exactly what I am talking about, because I lived both scenarios....
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:06:26 PM

again, this will be my last respond to you, it is different when you don't have a chance or when the chance is taken from you than when you do have a chance and you give it up or you agree to compromise your position...two whole different stories.

I can debate this thing with you for days, but I speak of my experience and I deeply feel and mean every word I said, I am born and raised in a 3rd world country but lived 1/3 of my life in Europe, I know exactly what I am talking about, because I lived both scenarios....
Both bit and lite are based on supply and demand. It doesn't matter who owns how many coins, the ROI mechanic is the same. Further, once bitcoin becomes used as a standard currency instead of automatically being cashed out it will not decrease in value when you buy something with it and then people can stop worrying about dumps. The ups and downs are just a temporary phase while it grows, and it will reach maturity before any other coin. All lite has to its name is easier mining for small investors, but this too may just be temporary until asics for lite come out.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: