Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2questions about altcoins : made money? % of chance altcoin will die?  (Read 524 times)
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:12:27 PM

I am trying to get a grasp of altcoins but it is not easy because there has so many of them and I don't get the fundamentals, I can still try to learn though  Smiley

I am wondering if anyone can share his experience on getting a lot of altcoins very early on and seeing the price rise tremendously

My second question is : what is the percentage of chance that a new altcoin that has some infrastructure and support will die within 6months?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Warning__3

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:15:31 PM

well, being early to a coin ain't hard but knowing when to sell IS, i started to mine dogecoin a few hours after launch and totally i got 2.5mil doge with my lausy gtx580.
sounds good right? would have been if i wouldn't have sold them at 85 satoshi each...

secondly, i would guess about 95% of all new coin today won't make it past 6 months.

boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:22:31 PM

well, being early to a coin ain't hard but knowing when to sell IS, i started to mine dogecoin a few hours after launch and totally i got 2.5mil doge with my lausy gtx580.
sounds good right? would have been if i wouldn't have sold them at 85 satoshi each...

secondly, i would guess about 95% of all new coin today won't make it past 6 months.

So you made 2BTC but you could have made more than 100BTC by selling today

It is the same with a lot of early Bitcoin adopters, they sold use or lost their coins

What coin are you mining/buying now? You got right once, maybe you will be right twice

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:25:36 PM

I am trying to get a grasp of altcoins but it is not easy because there has so many of them and I don't get the fundamentals, I can still try to learn though  Smiley

I am wondering if anyone can share his experience on getting a lot of altcoins very early on and seeing the price rise tremendously

My second question is : what is the percentage of chance that a new altcoin that has some infrastructure and support will die within 6months?

If your understanding of cryptocurrency starts with the % fiat gains you can make then you're starting off on the wrong foot, and if thats what this community becomes about then almost all alts will die.
Warning__3

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:31:42 PM

So you made 2BTC but you could have made more than 100BTC by selling today

It is the same with a lot of early Bitcoin adopters, they sold use or lost their coins

What coin are you mining/buying now? You got right once, maybe you will be right twice
At the moment i'm mining GPUcoin, i'm speculating it will be worth atleast something and it's really the only way i can use my gpu to gain some coins.
But i'm also buying doge, because i think they are at the moment very cheap Smiley

PS, with overclock i get about 300khash with my GTX580 Tongue

boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:58:48 PM

I am trying to get a grasp of altcoins but it is not easy because there has so many of them and I don't get the fundamentals, I can still try to learn though  Smiley

If your understanding of cryptocurrency starts with the % fiat gains you can make then you're starting off on the wrong foot, and if thats what this community becomes about then almost all alts will die.

I am a tiny bit interested in alt currencies and I see buying them as fun gambling hobby that will make me understand them better and maybe I will learn something as well
Do you have alt currencies to lose money?

@warning : I have some doge

uartasic

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:16:49 AM

I have been GPU, ASIC and CPU mining off of the 1 PC.

I killed my laptop miner CPU mining Craft, Doge and Peng. Awaiting a new laptop CPU.

Alt coins to me are only worthy if the difficulty is still in single or low double digits and if the algo is something unique, and not a direct copy paste of a former coin.

I spend Doge and the Kids get to spend Craft. Peng is because penguins are cute, no other reason but I hope it does amount to something buit its not the end of the world. I keep all wallets up to also support the network.

Alt coins with fast transaction, unique mining resistance to ASIC, and a decent mine-ability tick the boxes for me. I also draw the line at a % of premine if coin is in the Billions. Majority high premines are to line the devs pockets only for some to dump and run.

my belief is that if the coin is flooded in the market can be mined on calculators and shop fronts are trading in it, then I believe this is good for the coin as its actually being used.

I also believe what is good for the coin is if its only mineable with specific hardware and block rewards are low difficulty retargets frequently and of course max release quantity is in the low millions.

in the end I think half the people, give or take, mine the next coin in the clinching hope it just might be the next Bitcoin.

ua

Crypto Vest coin fan \ Alt-Coin Blockchain Assembler \ BTC faithful \ POWR faithful
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: