Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:51:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you order a drink served by a robot?
YES, Everywhere
YES, on public areas
YES, on a festival
YES, in a bar
NO

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who thinks we will get a drink from a robot bartender in the near future?  (Read 531 times)
stobiaan (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 02:00:04 PM

Have you ever thought that in the near future your drinks may be served by a Fully autonomous A.I. and robot empowered bartending unit? Have a look at https://yanu.ai/
This really amazing project is almost ready the demonstrate their prototype. you will probably find this units on airports and other public areas first! I can't wait to place my first order and pay with YANU !
I wonder how you think about this?
https://yanu.ai/wordpress/wp-content/themes/yanu/img/main/yanu-black.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 02:06:55 PM

Bartenders provide a level of personal service that robots cannot provide. They talk to their customers that at the end of the day will drive repeat business. Most state laws also mandate that a bar not serve an intoxicated person an additional drink and I don’t think a robot can effectively make this judgment.
yeosaga

Activity: 223
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 02:23:07 PM

Bartenders provide a level of personal service that robots cannot provide. They talk to their customers that at the end of the day will drive repeat business. Most state laws also mandate that a bar not serve an intoxicated person an additional drink and I don’t think a robot can effectively make this judgment.

I could see it working at places that ID at the door. Simply stamp a QR that the robot can read, or verified patrons could be given a QR card that only works for that night. As far as the personal service, you could still have a live bartender with several robot assistants. It would be great for really busy bars/clubs, because I feel like many people just want to grab a drink and join friends a most of the time.

!ooh
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 02:26:25 PM

A robot can come with motion and face detector sensors as well as a breathanalyzer. I think it's possible that a robot would be better at detecting intoxication and checking the actual level. There's also no arguing with a robot, you can't guilt, shame or threaten it into giving you another shot.

That said, some people do go out for a drink looking for companionship and the impersonal interaction with the robot might just make them even more depressed.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:07:18 PM

It's just an overly elaborate and expensive vending machine and drink mixer. With some interesting features:

A.I. chatbot with advertising possibilities

Which is another way of saying "don't expect this contraption to pay for itself through drink sales, so here's an alternative business model". Somehow I don't think it'll catch on.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:27:23 PM

Tell that to the Soda Jerk  Tongue

I've already had drinks served by robots, its not really that exciting unless you build a really stupid inefficient robot. Take a soda fountain with coke in it, add rum, and you've got a rum and coke dispenser.
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 06:00:59 PM

Sure there are cruiseships that already have some kind of robot bartender but it's basically just a machine that mixes your cocktails / okay and apparently it's not even a prototype anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug6OPsrbd8w

I don't think that this will take over normal bartenders in the near future, unless the AI Voice control and smalltalk gets implemented properly
who want's to go to their favourite bar and order drinks through a tablet that makes a robot arm mix your drink that doesn't have any charm.
It could be cool and maybe make for a faster ordering experience in clubs though imo if they have enough of those thingies (but i think it's too expensive return of investment wise at least for now), otherwise i'm sure that this will take at least 10 more years until it goes mainstream with the AI voice etc. having a chat with you , listening to your problems and having some kind resemblance to a personality. I personally wouldn't even mind that

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:03:28 PM

Have you ever thought that in the near future your drinks may be served by a Fully autonomous A.I. and robot empowered bartending unit? Have a look at https://yanu.ai/
This really amazing project is almost ready the demonstrate their prototype. you will probably find this units on airports and other public areas first! I can't wait to place my first order and pay with YANU !

On my locale there is a restaurant where all the ordered foods were bring by robots but not completely AI which can analyse all the things happening around it but it will do the programmed activities so why not we are going to see the bartender in future. Smiley

PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:05:39 PM

A robot can come with motion and face detector sensors as well as a breathanalyzer. I think it's possible that a robot would be better at detecting intoxication and checking the actual level. There's also no arguing with a robot, you can't guilt, shame or threaten it into giving you another shot.

That said, some people do go out for a drink looking for companionship and the impersonal interaction with the robot might just make them even more depressed.

Bartenders cost next to nothing in terms of payroll ($2.13/hour) and in general the more they sell, the higher their pay will be in terms of tips received. They have incentives to sell as much alcohol as they can without selling to a drunk person. They can take social cues that can help them sell more.

A robot can tell when a person exceeds certain limits but generally cannot use judgment. A robot cannot say ‘this doesn’t feel right’ even if it technically complies with the rules.

Many bars also have policies that require a bartender who cuts a patron off to inform management who will inform other bartenders and if one is caught serving the cutoff person they could be fired, or so I have been told.

Tell that to the Soda Jerk  Tongue

I've already had drinks served by robots, its not really that exciting unless you build a really stupid inefficient robot. Take a soda fountain with coke in it, add rum, and you've got a rum and coke dispenser.
Ive gotten sodas from what amounts to a robot. In general sodas have free refills and cost very little. They don’t really drive profits very much. The need to sell a lot of soda is really not there IMO. There also isn’t any risk of selling a soda to a drunk person.

Or are you talking about being served alcoholic drinks with alcohol already in it?
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:20:39 PM

There is people fking the things, I wonder how sentient AI will feel about that. Inb4 sex robots giving a BJ chop a little to hard.
jdarren

Activity: 296
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:19:01 PM

Haha I can definitely see that happening and have a feeling this might already be happening especially in places like Japan. It's an interesting thing to think about... which jobs will be replaced with robots and which can't be replicated.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:21:28 PM

A bit relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYT6rlNDGoE

Sooner or later, these "machines" will be able to pour whatever drink (not just beer) you order from the eletronic menu displaying on the bar.

I feel like robots will be too "expensive" for such basic things as pouring drinks when you can have the whole process fully automated. Bartenders, and possibly robots, will be there just for the small talk (talking robots?) and to stop you from getting shitfaced.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
numbersgame

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 07:18:25 AM

Most people go to bars to socialize. If you want pre-made drinks they are usually available in a can somewhere. I don't see this working large scale. There may be 1-2 novelty "robot bars" in each city but I'd never go more than once.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 11:48:55 AM

Some professions can be automated, and this would be only routine jobs where a robot can easily replace a human. In other cases such professions like a bartender or a waiter are not replaceable simply because we pay those people partly for being a human, it is always nice to talk to barman.
Without this feature, they could be already replaced by simple vending machine.
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 12:16:25 PM

People may find the emotional connection of a human bartender to be a big plus and it may generate more sales.  But automation will take away a lot of current tasks that humans do.  The biggest sector that will be first are truck drivers, everything will be self driving in a few years.  This is why there is so much talk about universal basic income being implemented.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 06:32:05 PM

However better the Artificial Intelligence might be, it is truly hard to give users the feel of the service provided by a bartender. Already there were more and more advancements taking place over the food and beverage industry in the process of service, but people prefer and gets comfort with the humans than the robots. Maybe the mixing will be perfect, but the emotions weren't the same.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 07:29:55 PM

Why should we create a robot and program it to make a such a dumb job?
Robots can be used in many other useful ways that can provide results and improvements in our every day lives.
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6263

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 08:37:36 PM

Been in Vegas for years.

http://thetipsyrobot.com/#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHEBeNfrYw

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:27:08 PM
Merited by PrimeNumber7 (1)

Have you ever thought that in the near future your drinks may be served by a Fully autonomous A.I. and robot empowered bartending unit? ....

Have you ever thought that in the near future your drinks may be served by a topless beautiful hostess serving as empowered bartending unit? ....
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:56:10 PM

Definitely. I mean some countries are already halfway there.

Japan for example, has almost a culture around vending machines. When you think about it, that isn't too far off a robot AI.

As the population in many countries continues to age, like Japan, I woild assume more jobs in the service sector will make way to automation or AI.

A bartender definitely seems like a job that could be automated.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: