Bitcoin Forum
August 03, 2024, 03:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit Sale From Red Trust Accounts  (Read 225 times)
akamit (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:52:21 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Ref: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5119901.0

There are maybe several accounts which were red painted in the past and got sMerits from the airdrop.

Maybe those accounts are selling sMerits instead of selling the account because the account is worthless.
It is not necessary that the sales thread should be in Bitcointalk, other forums and sites can be used to sale sMerits I guess.

I believe it's happening, if the senders are clever then it will be impossible to identify the abuse. I think very few will get caught in this case.

This is also possible with the members who got red painted recently and has earned a decent amount of Merits - they can sale merits too - they don't have anything to lose

Do guys think it is something serious? or we don't have enough things to do? or am I thinking it excessively?

Will it be appropriate to restrict those members to send merits which they got from airdrop...? or maybe it's too late? Maybe those members only can spend earned merits?

or maybe you guys have a better solution?

I know it's related to Merit and I really didn't want to create this thread. But the above ref is disturbing me since yesterday. Sorry for another thread about Merit.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2408
Merit: 804

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:57:15 PM

Merit abuse is not too hard to find and when abusing the merits on less quantity like one or two then it might not get any worth for their accounts because the merited post can be easily analysed about legit or bought one.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 9000

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 08:04:28 PM

Do guys think it is something serious? or we don't have enough things to do? or am I thinking it excessively?

Probably a scam, the user likely has no sMerits.

But even if this is real - don't worry about it too much. 50 sMerits is a drop in the bucket and it's not like this user can get any new ones to sell.
akamit (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:16:32 PM

Thanks guys for your replies... Your points have logic...

It seems, Merit is expensive and I think no one will buy 50,100,200,500 Merits to rank up and if anyone does then it will be identifiable because of repetitive meriting someone's post I guess.
btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:32:01 PM

Thanks guys for your replies... Your points have logic...

It seems, Merit is expensive and I think no one will buy 50,100,200,500 Merits to rank up and if anyone does then it will be identifiable because of repetitive meriting someone's post I guess.
In general, I don't think people will do it because it is both expensive and risky
There are some reasons that why people don't buy huge amount of merits. Huge amount means something from 50 merits and above.
- They will get caught: Merit exchange with huge amount will get caught definitely. Especially if shitposters buy 50 or 100 merits that will be sent to one or some of their shitposts.
- Merit is expensive: In total, buying 100 merits might cost them hundreds of dollar, that makes their account become really expensive. hundreds of dollars to become a Full Member from sratch, shitposts, and shady merit exchange as well as risks of red painted when get caught.
- Risk of get scammed: What will happen if merit sellers ask buyers to send money first, then sellers will go away with money, and buyers won't receive a single merit?
Merit abusers actually did it in early weeks after merit birthday in 2018, but for now, I don't think they will do such merit exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: