Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:48:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Btc fork crack smokers  (Read 450 times)
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 08:42:07 PM

BCH is currently the 4th ranked crypto, you must consider everything a shitcoin then? 
Bitcoin Cash certainly has its uses--most of the merchants I've used to buy things accept both BTC and BCH, and that's actually kind of surprising to me.  Usually it's only bitcoin and rarely LTC or even ETH. 

That's because of Bitpay.....any invoice can be paid with BTC or BCH. Bitpay were in the big block camp and when the BCH guys hard forked in 2017, they added BCH support fairly quickly, probably hoping it would facilitate adoption.

If not for Bitpay, I doubt there would be much merchant acceptance at all. For BSV, it's obviously even worse. I really have no idea how the forkers convince themselves to stay the course. Their coins are on a long, slow bleed towards zero.

JohnTask

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 02:18:27 AM

Having fun in your echo chamber, guys? Grin

BTC seems to be a safe bet for the near future, I believe that as well. But please, don't be too quick to judge and always do your due diligence. NEVER be emotionally invested. Think strategy.

I wish you all the best! Cheesy
WinslowIII (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 02:26:36 AM

BTC seems to be a safe bet for the near future, I believe that as well. But please, don't be too quick to judge and always do your due diligence. NEVER be emotionally invested. Think strategy.

I'm following the direction the mainstream is heading to, I have no idea what you are following, because I'm not a lunatic.
JohnTask

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 02:49:19 AM

I'm following the direction the mainstream is heading to, I have no idea what you are following, because I'm not a lunatic.

Good strategy for the short(ish) term if you are a trader, we seem to agree!

In the long term though (5+ years), I believe that BSV has, BY FAR, the best chance of survival and mainstream adoption. But hey, don't take my word for it! I'm sure you won't. Cheesy

Always do your own research, your own due diligence!
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 03:55:43 AM

In the long term though (5+ years), I believe that BSV has, BY FAR, the best chance of survival and mainstream adoption. But hey, don't take my word for it! I'm sure you won't. Cheesy

That's interesting. Why would you say so? The mainstream don't seem bullish at all on BCH, and much less so on BSV. What makes you think the script will flip in the long term?

exstasie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:45:23 AM

That's interesting. Why would you say so? The mainstream don't seem bullish at all on BCH, and much less so on BSV. What makes you think the script will flip in the long term?

To play devil's advocate for a moment, you could have said the same thing about Bitcoin until pretty recently. In fact the mainstream is still quite skeptical. From my perspective, BCH and BSV are pretty shitty fundamentally and don't have bright futures, but I've been wrong about altcoins many times before. A few years ago, I never would have thought Ethereum would grow as large as it did. Who knows?

I'm okay missing the boat on the BTC forks though. There's plenty of opportunity and BTC isn't going anywhere. I'm only stacking BTC, ETH, and a few sleeper alts for the next altcoin bubble.

JohnTask

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 01:02:40 PM

Well, I believe that if I would try and explain to you how I think about, if I would try to convince you, I would be actively defeating the idea of doing your own research and due diligence, would I not? Wink

But for those interested and open-minded, this gives a broad idea of what I'm talking about:

https://medium.com/cryptolawreview/bitcoin-battle-668349176b38

Have fun reading, and always stay vigilant!
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 02:14:53 PM

Bitcoin will not dissappear, and always people will use more bitcoin than the forks, as someone say always invest in bitcoin and not on coin named bitcoin x or bitcoin y, because they are not bitcoin and just a copy.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 02:16:09 PM

That's because of Bitpay.....any invoice can be paid with BTC or BCH. Bitpay were in the big block camp and when the BCH guys hard forked in 2017, they added BCH support fairly quickly, probably hoping it would facilitate adoption.
Not by default anymore. Merchants now have the option to select whatever coin they want to accept. BitPay pushed BCH in your face initially, but later made it an optional feature. I guess that Roger was too demanding there. Merchants accepting Bitcoin don't want to accept something else alongside it, which may lead to bad marketing.

If not for Bitpay, I doubt there would be much merchant acceptance at all. For BSV, it's obviously even worse. I really have no idea how the forkers convince themselves to stay the course. Their coins are on a long, slow bleed towards zero.
As long as Roger and Jihan are willing to devote their BTC mining earnings to financially support BCH, BCH will remain up and running in the top 10.

BCash has actually very little organic transaction activity. It's way less so than Litecoin with orders of magnitude less merchant adoption. They artificially inflate the transaction numbers, and artificially inflade the on-chain value volume by moving insane amounts of BCH back and forth. How pathetic.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:41:47 AM

-snip-

I wasn't really looking to be convinced, I just wanted a peek from a different perspective. After having read what you shared, let's agree to disagree.

To play devil's advocate for a moment, you could have said the same thing about Bitcoin until pretty recently. In fact the mainstream is still quite skeptical. From my perspective, BCH and BSV are pretty shitty fundamentally and don't have bright futures, but I've been wrong about altcoins many times before. A few years ago, I never would have thought Ethereum would grow as large as it did. Who knows?

Under the context of the conversation, I meant the existing crypto community (and some overflow with the media and casual investors, but they're fickle) when I said "mainstream". I wasn't doubting BCH and BSV in a general sense, I was doubting the prospect of them pulling a flippening over BTC given recent trends. Who knows could be said about nearly every given situation, but that doesn't change the likelihood of something happening, which is what I was addressing.

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 09:02:26 AM

To be perfectly honest even us the people who do not believe in these forks could use it for profits as well and that is not that bad. We do not believe in the fundamental ideology behind it and may not agree with the creators of it but the reality is that they are spending buckets of money to keep it up and why not take advantage of that. Buy it when its low, let Craigs and Jihans of the world get it to a higher price and sell it while profiting.

You do not need to be a bitcoin cash or bsv lover to make money out of them, you just need to be a careful day trader and that is enough. Someone buying bitcoin cash doesn't have to be that person supporting it, it could just mean he is a good smart investor who will take money from the creators and that is wise enough move that plenty of people are doing it.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 03:07:36 PM

To be perfectly honest even us the people who do not believe in these forks could use it for profits as well and that is not that bad. We do not believe in the fundamental ideology behind it and may not agree with the creators of it but the reality is that they are spending buckets of money to keep it up and why not take advantage of that. Buy it when its low, let Craigs and Jihans of the world get it to a higher price and sell it while profiting.

You do not need to be a bitcoin cash or bsv lover to make money out of them, you just need to be a careful day trader and that is enough. Someone buying bitcoin cash doesn't have to be that person supporting it, it could just mean he is a good smart investor who will take money from the creators and that is wise enough move that plenty of people are doing it.

I agree some traders are using this kind of set back from the moment the price pumps and dump the opportunity to earn even in a small movement it can get, Well like you said you don't need to be a lover of this coins because you can use them for your own purpose, By getting familiar movements out from it, day trading is most required for this if you can read slight movements from this coins and trading with other cryptocurrencies.
WinslowIII (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 10:54:18 PM

The Founder starring Michael Keaton is a very good movie that shows the power of a name. I advise bitcoin fork followers, as well as all shitcoin followers to  watch it.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 12360

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 11:04:33 PM

BCH is currently the 4th ranked crypto, you must consider everything a shitcoin then?  I like both coins, and who the fuck likes paying higher fees?

F*** off nobody like Bcash except You perhaps and Ver, as nobody likes BSV except CSW....

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 11:18:42 PM

I can't believe I'm reading some of the posts from the bch and bsv horde who actually think that the real bitcoin will die and one of these shitcoins will end up being the world currency. How can these people have become that delusional? without segregated witness and ln bitcoin itself has no chance gaining mass adoption, how the fuck can they think that increased block sizes could?  Huh
Well it's their opinions but their illusion that bsv or bch will not beat the bitcoin. People know that bitcoin is more benefits than to that coins and its proven. They're only fork and I think many forks will be come not only this two the bsv and bch.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 04:24:37 AM

I can't believe I'm reading some of the posts from the bch and bsv horde who actually think that the real bitcoin will die and one of these shitcoins will end up being the world currency. How can these people have become that delusional? without segregated witness and ln bitcoin itself has no chance gaining mass adoption, how the fuck can they think that increased block sizes could?  Huh

The supporters of the forks have every right to prattle about how great their coins are, but the market has decided that they are not bitcoin. The institutional and possibly sovereign buying is of the original chain - what is traded as BTC. There was a brief time in which it seemed BCH could be a contender for the top spot, but there is rarely ever a suggestion of it any longer.
WinslowIII (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 02:43:31 PM

The supporters of the forks have every right to prattle about how great their coins are, but the market has decided that they are not bitcoin. The institutional and possibly sovereign buying is of the original chain - what is traded as BTC. There was a brief time in which it seemed BCH could be a contender for the top spot, but there is rarely ever a suggestion of it any longer.

Yes, they have every right to be delusional and to spout off crazy things like their market caps will overtake bitcoin's someday. Just like I have every right to call them lunatics, which they are. Bitcoin is light years ahead in adoption, branding, image, everything. Every day this gap widens. There is absolutely no reason for someone new to crypto to buy or want to use one of these forked shitcoins over the real thing - this is the real reason they will remain alts, and hopefully both will die someday and become asterisks in the history of bitcoin.
exstasie
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:05:08 PM

There is absolutely no reason for someone new to crypto to buy or want to use one of these forked shitcoins over the real thing - this is the real reason they will remain alts, and hopefully both will die someday and become asterisks in the history of bitcoin.

There is inevitably going to be a group of users who doesn't understand the economic design and therefore emphasizes "cheap fees" and "fast confirmations" as the supreme goals. This narrative is bolstered by the fact that these "features" were hyped by early Bitcoin companies like Blockchain.info and Bitpay and Coinbase, who promised users cheap and fast transactions forever. It's no wonder those companies were in the big block forker camp and support BCH today.....and it's no wonder there's still a niche of naive users who buys into this crap.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: