Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:16:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A thumping Mandate by the people of Bharat!!  (Read 258 times)
saraschoudhary (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 07:12:53 AM
Merited by JSRAW (2), amicrypto (2)

हिमालयं समारभ्य यावत् इंदु सरेावरम् |
तं देवनिर्मितं देशं हिंदुस्थानं प्रचक्षते ||

Bharatiya Janata Party has made a record when it won 302 parliamentary seats out of the 542 seats that were polled for. The NDA alliance got 350+ seats as a coalition with the BJP leading the pack. The magnitude of the victory can be imagined by the fact that 17 states and UTs gave an overwhelming 50%+ vote share to the BJP which is a big feat to achieve in a multi-party system where first past the post wins. The scale of the victory is unprecedented in the history of electoral politics with close to 10%+ vote share swing in the favour of BJP coalition. This is a vote for the hope and aspirations of the new Bharat that wants nothing but the best. This is a vote for the work that has been delivered in the past 5 years where basic amenities required in living a 21st century life have been provided to the lowest strata and the remotest village by the government.

Hope the work continues and structural reforms needed in the system are put in place by the Modi led government at a greater pace.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 08:09:30 PM

The scale of the victory is unprecedented in the history of electoral politics with close to 10%+ vote share swing in the favour of BJP coalition. This is a vote for the hope and aspirations of the new Bharat that wants nothing but the best. This is a vote for the work that has been delivered in the past 5 years where basic amenities required in living a 21st century life have been provided to the lowest strata and the remotest village by the government.

Hope the work continues and structural reforms needed in the system are put in place by the Modi led government at a greater pace.
I understand the scale of the victory, some of the things does not makes sense, what has they delivered in the past five years, i am not sure i have seen anything that could substantiate the claim, they hiked the petrol price claiming that it is being used to built toilets for the poor, but if there is no food on the plate then what is the use of toilet in the first place  Tongue Cheesy, i hope they wont take us back to the 16th century in the next five years.
saraschoudhary (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 06:06:21 AM

I understand the scale of the victory, some of the things does not makes sense, what has they delivered in the past five years, i am not sure i have seen anything that could substantiate the claim, they hiked the petrol price claiming that it is being used to built toilets for the poor, but if there is no food on the plate then what is the use of toilet in the first place  Tongue Cheesy, i hope they wont take us back to the 16th century in the next five years.

If you could not see the changes, then you need to open up your mind. I guess it is futile to give a list of changes that has happened in this country (structural, political, economic and bureaucratic). Petrol prices are linked to international crude prices and if you are so upset about the taxation on crude products then you better stop using the roads. The massive infra spending undertaken by the government is paid partly by the taxes on crude products apart from various other taxes.

Only an idiotic mind can claim that we don't need toilets. And who told you that people in India don't have food to eat?

About taking to the 16th century..Guess you never read history. India and China were the biggest economies in the world with a lion share of the world GDP. Indians were so rich that people begged (English, dutch, french etc) o trade with us. If Modi is able to take us to the glories of 16th century, it would be the return of the age of massive prosperity. But, I know that you would not be able to comprehend these facts.

P.S. I truly believe there are two types of people in the world. First, those who are ready to give in a fight no matter how adverse the situation is. They find positivity in the gloomiest of all situations. Then there are others who are always cribbing and crying about everything. Even if they are placed in heaven, they would find faults in everything. Try to change your mindset and move to the first group. That is the only way one can move forward.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:03:27 AM
Merited by JSRAW (1)

If you could not see the changes, then you need to open up your mind. I guess it is futile to give a list of changes that has happened in this country (structural, political, economic and bureaucratic). Petrol prices are linked to international crude prices and if you are so upset about the taxation on crude products then you better stop using the roads. The massive infra spending undertaken by the government is paid partly by the taxes on crude products apart from various other taxes.
If every Indian who went to the booth while voting opened their eyes you will not claim these things here, Petrol price hikes can be blamed to international crude prices but what happened when the crude prices came down at an all time low $28 USD, the petrol prices remained the same if not higher as it was when the barrel rate was $140 USD, so what are you talking about. I do not want to debate with people who have other agenda rather than looking at the facts.

I will just post an article from BBC
This article cannot be doctrined by the opposition parties or vested people right since it is a global media, so go through that and then we will have a debate.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:52:42 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2019, 07:44:04 AM by JSRAW
Merited by SaShiRaJaVu (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

If every Indian who went to the booth while voting opened their eyes you will not claim these things here

I am glad that Indian voter closed their eyes during voting, we didn't have any choice per se. Majority of us see only shitty opposition, weak leadership, pseudo secular and commies with tukde- tukde gang. Thanks but no thanks and those crying about bjp winning with a majority, they need to step out from their drawing rooms and check the situation in the ground level. Watch out its hard work fellas!!

I am (edited) Delhite and ground reality in Delhi is very clear Modi for India, Period! My GF is (edited details) , she along with her family supports BJP whole heartily. so are Shia and Ahmadiyya community.

Indians already re-elected Modi as their Prime Minister despite his blunders with some Economic Policy. now the ball is in ruling party's court, they need to get their shit together in the next 5 years. otherwise, in the 2024 election, we people of India will kick them out without any second thought.

And yes we don't want Grand Shitty Alliance with Rahul Leading India at any cost!!

PS: Anyone can quote this statement here for future ref. if by any chance Bjp gets their shit together then "Yogi" is Future Indian Prime Minister.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
saraschoudhary (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:55:29 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2019, 02:02:38 PM by saraschoudhary

This article cannot be doctrined by the opposition parties or vested people right since it is a global media, so go through that and then we will have a debate.

Let me teach you how to debate. Not bragging but I have been a YP, MUN winner at multiple platforms. There are multiple aspects to any facts and one can also twist the data to suit their point of view. Will explain this when I get to the article. And simply quoting an article is not the way to analyse any point. Articles are written by humans and every media house has their own agenda they try to pursue. For eg: BBC/The Wall Street Journal/Economist will always have a negative note about India. This is because they still come from the cold war mindset where India was towards USSR and they had to report everything in a negative way. Their attitude towards India has been critically harsh after the emergence of Right winged parties (Modi), because they fear that the global hegemony can be challenged by a strong India and powerful India that is taking decisions that don't suit their agenda. Just to give you an idea, read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_BBC#Anti-Hindu_bias (also read Indophobia just above it).

I can quote multiple articles and interviews by eminent personalities that say Modi government has been the best so far. But that not why I support him. I support him because I check for facts and analyze them with what is happening on the ground.

If every Indian who went to the booth while voting opened their eyes you will not claim these things here, Petrol price hikes can be blamed to international crude prices but what happened when the crude prices came down at an all time low $28 USD, the petrol prices remained the same if not higher as it was when the barrel rate was $140 USD, so what are you talking about.

I guess you didn't read up my previous point. When the prices were low, the government didn't lower the price of petroleum products to ensure the rapid pace of infrastructure development that is needed in this country. Did you know that despite the labour costs being lower, India still lags behind China and South East Asia in the total cost of making and exporting a product? It is because of lack of infra be it the transportation, electricity etc. The next wave of growth and massive job creation can only be done by setting up manufacturing hubs that can competitively produce goods. To attract those investments we need Infra. Where is that money needed to push the infra going to come from? Debts, taxes and other such stuff. It was a conscious decision by the government to not reduce the prices and rather use the funds for infra spending.

If you want to enlighten yourself, please read on these reports at: https://www.ibef.org/industry/infrastructure-sector-india.aspx
Also, if you want to read on what the business leaders are saying: https://www.livemint.com/Politics/JlYQVmRmRpu7ESTqPrkeoO/Infrastructure-in-four-years-of-Modi-govt-A-thumbs-up-for-b.html

I can quote many such articles but the I guess you would get my point. I am a regular at industry conclaves and summits and believe me when I say this that every penny that is being collected is put to very good use in infra spending. I have the privilege of interacting with business colleagues from across the world and they are dying to be a part of the Indian growth story.  

Also, the entire reply on article will be long and I will post in on another reply with proper references. Will take up my time but I think showing the light to Indians would be worth the time and effort.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:19:04 AM

Don't know why this thread in " Off Topic" Can anyone explain that to me?  it should be in Main discussion page so that more people can see this thread and participate in discussion.

This topic can make into Main page  How Indian Govt. cheated the whole nation (NewsFlash) but big news like this "Indian Election" ends up in off topic.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 05:58:17 AM

^^OP needs to move it.

I don't have any hopes regarding Modi and BJP. In politics, it's always said to choose the party that's less evil. People feel Congress is the worst as they have been ruling for years while BJP made few positive changes but for me things have gone worse with BJP. I honestly never supported Modi but felt may be the inflation and corruption will be under control but nothing happened. Today we can see more corruption around us and prices of everything has increased. Right from holy places to police stations, everyone is corrupt. Even if you want to go through legal means, they make it impossible for you unless you give them few thousand notes.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:50:25 AM

Let me teach you how to debate. Not bragging but I have been a YP, MUN winner at multiple platforms. There are multiple aspects to any facts and one can also twist the data to suit their point of view. Will explain this when I get to the article. And simply quoting an article is not the way to analyse any point. Articles are written by humans and every media house has their own agenda they try to pursue. For eg: BBC/The Wall Street Journal/Economist will always have a negative note about India. This is because they still come from the cold war mindset where India was towards USSR and they had to report everything in a negative way. Their attitude towards India has been critically harsh after the emergence of Right winged parties (Modi), because they fear that the global hegemony can be challenged by a strong India and powerful India that is taking decisions that don't suit their agenda. Just to give you an idea, read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_BBC#Anti-Hindu_bias (also read Indophobia just above it).
I am game for a debate, you think that anyone can twist a date to suite their point of view and you really think that the foreign media has a bias when it comes to reporting but you link yellow news papers and cite that they are the right view and statistics, this is called hypocrisy, you can shut out every foreign media and pick and choose which media suites you and you call them a fair media  Cheesy Tongue. I will not call Modi a right wing party when their entire motive is Hindutva. What powerful decisions have they taken so far, demonetization which is a joke to begin with and GST  Roll Eyes.

I guess you didn't read up my previous point. When the prices were low, the government didn't lower the price of petroleum products to ensure the rapid pace of infrastructure development that is needed in this country. Did you know that despite the labour costs being lower, India still lags behind China and South East Asia in the total cost of making and exporting a product? It is because of lack of infra be it the transportation, electricity etc. The next wave of growth and massive job creation can only be done by setting up manufacturing hubs that can competitively produce goods. To attract those investments we need Infra. Where is that money needed to push the infra going to come from? Debts, taxes and other such stuff. It was a conscious decision by the government to not reduce the prices and rather use the funds for infra spending.
If building India is their main agenda when it comes to increasing the petrol price, are you telling that the private companies who over look on how the petrol price should be also needs to earn the massive profit from these price hikes and the government is satisfied with the tax they get to built the entire nation, what kind of logic is that. So your claim is that when these private corporate earn massive profit by squeezing the money each and every citizen earns that includes below poverty citizens, India will grow  Roll Eyes.
saraschoudhary (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 07:03:49 AM

This reply is solely to debunk the article by BBC. All other aspects of the thread and replies will be duly respected. None will be spared.

Point 1: Is India a Manufacturing superpower?

If you had the brains to check the graph displayed by BBC, you wouldn't be raising the question. The manufacturing as a % of GDP is declining till 2014 which has been arrested. What does that mean in terms of numbers is that if economy was growing by 5% then manufacturing was growing at a lesser rate which is why its weightage was declining. India has made massive strides in setting up manufacturing hubs. Electronics, defense products, capital goods are now being promoted in the country and massive investments have been made. Obviously, these are systematic changes and needs time plus a lot of other aspects also weigh in. The government choose to clear all the bad books (loans) taken by private players which has reduced the private expenditure in the country and other global factors also play a big role but the progress in manufacturing is heartwarming. If you want to read a detailed analysis of Make in India, pls read this

Point 2: A promise to create jobs

This one requires a big explanation and I don't have the time for writing an entire blog piece. To give you a brief idea, NSSO determines the job rate in the country on a historical approach (Read this). This approach is not taking in the factors like jobs created by self employment, small business etc. To make the data more comprehensive, a new method is being devised. Approximately 15.5 crore people were given MUDRA loans to start small businesses be it your catering, stitching, pan shops and many more. This post by Amitabh Kant beautifully explains the entire case of what is happening in the country about jobs.

Point 3: Keeping India secure

Do we even need to debate this? I will explain to you about what I meant about twisting the data to suit your agenda. The article takes "Terror incidents" into account. How is that even a meaningful parameter. If terrorists try to infiltrate the region that would be counted as a terror incident but that is not what we should be looking at. Parameters to judge should civilian death, terrorist deaths. Let me enlighten you with the data. This is the original database complied using MHA data. And for the fatalities data, check this and then decide.

Note: All the data is from highly trusted official sources. I have not quoted a media agency unlike you. This is how facts are presented even in the parliament. Also, while debating one should never bring articles as their source.

I would have loved to write a more detailed blog about every point that was raised but I don't have the luxury of time.

saraschoudhary (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 07:24:23 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2019, 07:37:53 AM by saraschoudhary

I am game for a debate, you think that anyone can twist a date to suite their point of view and you really think that the foreign media has a bias when it comes to reporting but you link yellow news papers and cite that they are the right view and statistics, this is called hypocrisy, you can shut out every foreign media and pick and choose which media suites you and you call them a fair media  Cheesy Tongue. I will not call Modi a right wing party when their entire motive is Hindutva. What powerful decisions have they taken so far, demonetization which is a joke to begin with and GST  Roll Eyes.

There is a raw data and then inferred data. I can analyse any data to derive multiple conclusions from it. You would get a better picture after reading point 3 in the previous reply. Also, if you want to know about the "Powerful changes" made, let me assure you that this govt has been the most proactive in structural reforms in all major parts including economy, political, socio-economic and all other aspects. Wish you did some research on your own but looks like you are just an average joe who believes what he reads in a foreign newspaper. Please read this to know about bills passed: https://www.prsindia.org/parliamenttrack/vital-stats/functioning-16th-lok-sabha-2014-2019. Also to understand more about the changes that have taken place, read this: http://indiareforms.csis.org/ (Only economic reforms are covered in this).

If building India is their main agenda when it comes to increasing the petrol price, are you telling that the private companies who over look on how the petrol price should be also needs to earn the massive profit from these price hikes and the government is satisfied with the tax they get to built the entire nation, what kind of logic is that. So your claim is that when these private corporate earn massive profit by squeezing the money each and every citizen earns that includes below poverty citizens, India will grow  Roll Eyes.

Now, I know that you don't even have the basic knowledge about the Indian economy. What private profit? Prices are directly linked to international prices. The cuts are taken by a) Upstream companies which take out crude oil (ONGC, OIL, International purchase (~80%). Then comes your downstream companies which refine your raw crude to usable products (IOCL, BPCL, HPCL) and then they pass it to distributors who have a fixed commission range and cannot charge above it. What idiotic nonsense are you talking about?? Infact, your oil purchases were subsidized which has been removed to an extent. But because the prices are reviewed only once in 15 days, the agencies and companies still have to take a loss if the prices in opposite direction in that 15 day period. Please go and read more.

P.S. It is a humble opinion that try to understand the mandate. A party that sweeps 50%+ vote after staying in government must have done some good. This is the first time that schemes have been delivered to the last man. Previously, the schemes were made for the politicians to make money and very little benefit was given to those it was meant for. Try to understand this, if you want to know why the government was re-elected.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: