Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Surprise from Coinpayments.net  (Read 309 times)
Sondra111 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:28:31 PM

Hello, I want to warn everyone about unexpected payments using the service coinpayments.net !
I have some kriptonite bytecoin. I decided to use BCN to pay for my VPN.
 When forming a payment !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't notice (distracted) iD of the payment.
BCN went off without a payment iD. (70 usd).
I wrote about the need for a refund in coinpayments.net !
Answer: it is necessary to pass KYC. Thus, you can pay,but you can not return.
 I'm not a criminal,I just like minimal anonymity.
 I am not going to pass at them KYC.
 They're just intermediaries between me and the VPN service.
Be careful with coinpayments.net !
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:35:11 PM

Have you make a support ticket to the VPN website/company for this issue? I'm sure their the one's responsible here and they're the one who should contacting coinpayments on your behalf so it will reflect to their account's balance and you will get the services of the VPN you paid for.
Sondra111 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:40:30 PM

Yes I wrote in VPN service, but so far didn't find understanding.
The amount is not large,but the situation angered me.
I'll write again.
 Thank you for your advice.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:54:41 PM

Why is the OP making his complaint from a fresh account? It's obvious this isn't the main account on this forum for someone who uses coinpayment services. Is your complaint actually legitimate?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 03:59:14 PM

This is the first time that I heard that coinpayments need a KYC except for their partner shapeshift.

Did you use the shapeshift when paying on VPN subscription? Shapeshift needs KYC verified before you were able to use them.

Coinpayments are not scammer I used them for a long time without any issue except for converting the coins because it needs KYC.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sondra111 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 04:16:02 PM

I didn't think of anything. I'm not accusing anyone. I just described the situation. I don't superprofi in cryptopedia. I like a simple user it's not necessary. I sent BCN without ID to their address. Thank you all
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 04:18:22 PM

Why is the OP making his complaint from a fresh account? It's obvious this isn't the main account on this forum for someone who uses coinpayment services. Is your complaint actually legitimate?
And why the fuck does his account status matter when he's reporting a service fraud?

@OP : I understand your frustration and this is sickening to know how a payment service will scam you in the name of KYC. Please link their forum accounts/member profiles in the thread so I could tag them. You definitely deserve a refund.
Sondra111 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 04:37:23 PM

Here's the answer  Coinpayments.net to my request for a refund.

Dear...
When visiting your deposits page you are provided with the warning message that you must include the Destination Tag/Payment ID/Memo/Message when depositing to your account. We try our best, but not every recovery attempt can be successful due to technical limitations, and exhausting manpower utilization options. Upon successful recovery, a fee of 8% will be deducted before depositing the recovered coins into your account.

We view protection of users' privacy as a very important principle, but to proceed with a recovery, you must provide additional information to identify yourself.
If you object to your information being transferred or used in this way, please disregard this request, and do not reply to this ticket to acknowledge the terms and disagree to a coin recovery attempt.
Otherwise if you agree, proceed to complete KYC at https://www.coinpayments.net/acct-kyc
Sondra111 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 04:44:27 PM

and more:
Things to keep in mind:
Make sure the documents you submit are legible and in high resolution, as any pixelated or low resolution submissions will be rejected.
The recovery process can take up to 15 days, but can be as short as 48 hours. Please be patient with our developers.
Our support agents will respond to you when there is an update on the status of your recovery.
Once you submit the requested documents, please do not add any additional response as it may bump your request out of queue and delay your recovery.

Sondra111 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 05:11:01 PM

Thank you all.I'm not accusing anyone,just warning you about the pitfalls.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 06:32:28 PM

Sorry for your loss, but I don't think they will scam such as small amount. Your fund should be returned. I am using this wallet from long time, but still now I have't face any problem like that. Currently also I am using coinpayment wallet without KYC verification. I am really not getting what happened with you. Don't give up, continue contact on their support, hope they will do something for you.

Please link their forum accounts/member profiles in the thread so I could tag them. You definitely deserve a refund.

Here you will found,
Coinpayments.net Signature Campaign
CoinPayments Coin - Decentralized Market + Discounts

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Sondra111 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 06:40:07 PM

the answer quote above is the third answer to me.
Do not forget to specify ID, otherwise minus 8% and plus KYC!
Sondra111 (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 07:42:28 AM

Thus,paying for ice cream,you should be ready to read a large agreement and pass KYC from the seller. Not exactly a future for crypto-enthusiasts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: