Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:19:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable coin  (Read 679 times)
Dellosoft
Copper Member

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:19:42 AM

The advantage of stable coin to me is that price fluctuations do not affect it like it does to the entire market. Stable coins are pegged to FIAT currencies like USDT, TUSD, USDC pegged to USD, so 1USDT for instance is approximately 1usd, there might be slight fluctuations but almost negligible. Facebook coin will be a stable coin to ensure the volatility of crypto market doesn't affect it.
adamlillian

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:21:28 AM

Pls I'd like to be enlightened on the importance of stable coin in the crypto space... I hear Facebook coin will be a stable currency... what are the use of stable coins??
For a business that is very stable in the stock market, they will certainly not want their prices manipulated in the crypto market. That's the first reason.
The second reason is that they just want to establish relationships with many businesses and want to pay more easily with advertising costs and many other services.
they will also have their own strategies to earn more revenue in the crypto market. and the US economy has risen again thanks to Facebook.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:26:20 AM

Stable coins are not exposed to price volatility like other coins such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. Therefore the price of your stable coin holdings will remain same anytime.

One important use case of stable coins is that you can enjoy to keeping your wealth in the the digital form instead of traditional fiat money in the form of  physical cash without exposing to any change of your wealth. This means, you don't have to keep them in a safe locker or bank or any other physical location.

Another use case of stable coins is that it can be used for trading. In a bear market/trend, value of regular cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin goes down against traditional fiat currency. Therefore, keeping your digital currency in the form of stable coin which is pegged to USD or EUR will help you to not to become unprofitable in a bear market.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:48:39 AM

Pls I'd like to be enlightened on the importance of stable coin in the crypto space... I hear Facebook coin will be a stable currency... what are the use of stable coins??

I trade crypto coins every day. By utilizing price changes in a coin that every day happens to generate profit. But if this coin of Facebook will be a stable coin will certainly be very difficult to generate profit. And it will be difficult to attract the attention of investors because of the absence of developments in the coin.
Jan_Vl

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 07:00:04 AM

Stable coins can be used only for trading, right now I don't know any other ways to use stable coins
Iceblast

Activity: 783
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:11:56 AM

the importance of stable coins for us as investors can to save coins as a safe thing to avoid losses, for example USDT stable coin prices and can be an alternative deposit such as gold.
If Facebook coins can be like that, I think it's useful for safe deposit coin choices.

Plecet Bank

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:16:20 AM

It may not be so much pointless for stable coins. We make a profit because the price of the coin has increased price. So the changes that happen to the coin and especially Bitcoin will have an impact on all the coins. If Facebook coins exist, I think the price will be threaded. And if it stabilizes it will be difficult because we see from this long already happening inside the market.

Register13

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:26:08 AM

Honestly, stable coins only becomes useless because these are just centralized coin that they have a fixed release price that doesn't change. Stable coins are not that popular among the crypto community because they are centralized and only gives you a minimal amount of profit. Unlike bitcoin, ETH and Dencoins token that has a highly rate and well known.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:32:19 AM

Perhaps the stability of the cryptocurrency, in the actual use process, more convenient for us to operate, more practical, BTC now slowly feel the replacement of gold status, there are storage functions, I hope that BTC can small transactions, increase operational.

shadowduck

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:21:46 PM

Perhaps the stability of the cryptocurrency, in the actual use process, more convenient for us to operate, more practical, BTC now slowly feel the replacement of gold status, there are storage functions, I hope that BTC can small transactions, increase operational.
BTC already allows you to make small transactions using the lightning network. in the future, we will all see that bitcoin can be used by a lot of ways and then many cryptocurrencies will simply go away

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:51:04 PM

Stable coins are used to move crypto assets such as eth and xrp so that the value of fixed assets even though the market is bearish,
and for Facebook coins I don't know whether or not to set a coin or not.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:58:29 PM

I think the primary purpose of stable coins is to protect crypto holders from the effects of high volatility of cryptocurrency and thus making their investments more secure by providing it with a safe haven crypto. Though there has been debated and outstanding issues with regards to its nature, stable coins did have a very important use case in cryptoverse.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:17:34 PM

Stablecoin is used for pegging crypto based currency to fiat currencies.  So Facebook currency will  be pegged to the USD and probably other fiat currencies. 
Also stablecoin is mostly used by traders to protect their funds from cryptocurrency volatility.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 06:23:27 PM

The advantage is that we can use stable coins to hold money on and when we want we can buy crypto coins with, but i think is risky to hold a lot of money on stable coins because if they are not backed up by real money they can drop.
Kiefner

Activity: 921

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:01:09 PM

A stable coin can be used to pay for something and not be afraid that its price can change greatly in a short period of time. That's what Facebook needs. It will be much more convenient for them.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:08:30 PM

now we have seen too much stabilcoin and will stable coins have an impact on the growth of the cryptocurrency world or vice versa?
I can't imagine if there is a lot of stablecoin on one market and there will be other crypto pairs.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:18:33 PM

A stable coin is exactly what it sounds like, a coin with stability, whereas stable =  an almost static price. If you buy Bitcoin and are afraid the bear might attack (downtrend), you could then lock your balance away with a stable coin and keep relatively the same amount of money you had before the bear attacked.
    If a stable coin is worth $1, the price will most likely stay very close to being a dollar, without fear of it crashing to $0, hence it being stable!
   Many stable coins are backed by real dollars, or assets in order to achieve stability.

lousie9

Activity: 1680
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:28:38 PM

The use of coins is stable, usually future coins can be used as legitimate payments and can be accepted by many spaces in all institutions and it is clear that if the coins are stable, prices will continue to be stable like Bitcoin Then stable coins are suitable for investment? of course not if we want prices and profits quickly, so it's better to invest in unstable coins but vice versa if we want a long-term not wrong if we choose a stable coin.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 09:25:43 PM

in terms of usage, which is often used by many people is using stablecoin as security assets if there is a decline in the crypto market, so they exchange their bitcoin or altcoin so that the value in $ does not go down and from what I see there is also one of payment. because the price resembles the dollar rate and certainly there are many other uses. perhaps stable coin is also used as collateral to borrow money
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 09:34:32 PM

Once people have earned their profits from crypto, they want to use it for other purposes. For example, to pay for any services. Facebook releases its coin for this purpose.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: