Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone explain to me the motive behind airdrops?  (Read 1642 times)
Christinebeauty (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 07:58:12 PM

I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 08:08:45 PM

I also don't understand why the project developer made airdrop, because airdrop has a good side and a bad side, if the good side I see is to make it easier for people to know about the tokens or coins in the market, and that will definitely affect the price.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 08:14:23 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?
It's a bad marketing strategy in my opinion.

Let's say if they sent 1m token to 50k addresses then maybe almost 50k peoples will know about the project and those 50k peoples will probably look for the price and will also try to learn more about that project.

Maybe some peoples will convert and will do promotional works (bounty) for them to earn more of those tokens. And from promotion, they may get investors to get funded up their project.

They send such low amount because they don't want peoples to dump the tokens when they will list the token in exchange. It's just a marketing startegy imo, and win win thing for them.
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 08:16:05 PM

Airdrops is a usually norm for a new project to give free coins to its community members for performing simple task assigned. It helps the project to gain more publicity and attract potential investors.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 09:04:16 PM

I must say that not all airdrops give and distribute amount of tokens lesser than the minimun amount that you can deposit and trade in an exchange, this is my testimony as well being an airdrop hunter because I have sold and earn several times from the airdrop like the first airdrop I ever joined gave me $200 when I traded it and that's what encourage me to keep joining and participating airdrop. But that was before, now it's true that you can hardly sell the token that you get from an airdrop. But those who had been lucky to participate with hydro airdrop got more than $3k from its airdrop when sold on its ath.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 09:05:54 PM

All frankness, airdrops are very good
It pushes a project into limelight, and is the first stage of marketing a Blockchain or crypto currency project for a very low fee.

Airdrop used to be very rewarding; but it’s now worth 0$ Or 1$
Akonobea

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 09:20:24 PM

Airdrops are ways to create awareness about a project really fast. Because you don't do much tasks, you don't get enough money. Scammers have also used airdrops as a means of collecting people's information for their own purposes.

Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 09:52:06 PM

I do not think all the projects use this tactic. Maybe it was the one you encountered. Recently someone created threat that he earned $50 from the airdrop. Find him, maybe he can help you. Or if you think you can not make any profit, just stay away.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 09:57:01 PM

It is for the exposure and people are still buying these airdrops with the belief that they will grow in manner in the future. If there are no people who are attached and keeps on joining these airdrops.

Soon these developers will learn that people doesnt like it anymore but as long as there are takers of it, amount and value of that airdrop doesnt really matter to them.

Signature for rent
ElephantPro

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 09:57:46 PM

There have been a lot of successful air drops, but these air drops were from earlier in the crypto game. Unfortunately for me I wasn't here at the time. But who knows what will happen in the future.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:02:01 PM

It is only for marketing purpose. How could you tell people that this coin exist? Without doing airdrop, nobody is gonna be interested in their coin. The amount of coins given is too small, but it can make people curious about it. And maybe new investors are going to buy it.
Dluches

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:06:03 PM

Airdrops are one of the cheapest forms of marketing services in the crypto industry. Airdrops are done with the aim of promting the project in the real world and also getting other members to sign up on this project.
spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:17:58 PM

airdrops are truly marketing strategies to reach out to the mass adoption of a project. gone were the days that when you fill out 5 airdrop forms, you could end up being paid by at least 3 of them but not in this current era of crypto, I'm not saying airdrops ain't profitable, it is but to me, most times I consider it as a waste of time and data consumption because at long last, the project will be listed and you then realize the amount you had is nowhere to be compared with the minimum amount you have to get before you deposit your tokens on the exchange platform? I have earned much from airdrop but the airdrops off late are just waste of precious time and the annoying moment when airdrop participants are required to go through KYC.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:31:36 PM

Airdrops are one of the cheapest forms of marketing services in the crypto industry. Airdrops are done with the aim of promting the project in the real world and also getting other members to sign up on this project.

The OP is right, some of those airdrops are not worth sending to exchanges. Yet, there are still a large number of people participating airdrops, maybe they have multiple accounts to make their effort worthwhile. LOL But projects are still doing airdrops aiming to let crypto users feel their existence in the market.
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 10:31:57 PM

Average, airdrop has been made for the one of way to do a strategic marketing promotion to get a many of investor which want to invest with their project. Even though sometimes the developer project should give the some much coin.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 10:33:29 PM

I think airdrop are made so more people find about that coin and on that way dev try to get more trade volume and maybe think some people will still buy and sell and buy again or hold the coin.
daniel2023

Activity: 616
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:36:57 PM

That is part of the ingenuity in the system right now. Based on the above and many reasons i hardly do airdrop this day. I have couples of  tokens gotten from airdrop but i cannot trade them. What is the need of participating in something that has no benefit.
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:13:16 AM

you should not expect so much from airdrop, mos especially these coming from ICO projects, because they will not be coming in any reasonable amount. I still prefer to participate in airdrops from non-ICO and non-premine projects. Although by the time they are first listed, they usually, they are usually priced at unimaginable low prices, that you might not be able to trade, but if you can be patient enough to hold, then the better.
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:30:32 AM

I think, because that's their purpose. Airdrops will create effects and spread on the strong community. They succeed with this marketing campaign. The safer part to get these rewards is a transaction limit so you can open the reward. This means that the discharge rate of bounty or airdrop will decrease. The purpose seems clear.

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:34:14 AM

you should not expect so much from airdrop, mos especially these coming from ICO projects, because they will not be coming in any reasonable amount. I still prefer to participate in airdrops from non-ICO and non-premine projects. Although by the time they are first listed, they usually, they are usually priced at unimaginable low prices, that you might not be able to trade, but if you can be patient enough to hold, then the better.
Airdrops participation is never satisfy in expecting tokens because number of Airdrops are enter in the market so continuous participate in all the airdrops surely they earn good profit. But some lazy peoples are available in the market so they are all feel like this. Some peoples are waiting for long term so they feel happy to enjoy in every profit.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: