Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone explain to me the motive behind airdrops?  (Read 1646 times)
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:59:08 AM

Airdrop is a way of advertising a cryptocurrency. People love freebies and many see it as an avenue to create a crypto portfolio with various coins of which most are shit coins. developers incentivize those interested in their project with a small amount of their token. the value of these coins are so small but people still do them.
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:32:56 AM

Therefore many projects slow down distribution by reason of wanting the value of the token to be stable first. That is what the project usually does to avoid falling in price. And there are also those who parse the allocation from Airdrop itself because people don't sell much, this is actually unfair.
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:40:41 AM

I dont even know why developers are doing airdrops maybe to promote their coin and spread news about it?but its still a no no for me.Airdrop can make the price of their coin dump because so much people will have the token and will surely sell it immediately

Actually, there was a good airdrop project a few years ago. The project was POLYMATH.
They give an Airdrop token to the users and the value is very good. I got around $400 from that free airdrop.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:44:13 AM

The motive behind the Airdrop is to cheat the investor of the crypto and steal their personal information. But, I think only 1% of the Airdrop may be the legit. Think yourself why someone give you money without any work. So, do not indulge into this scam.
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:41:19 AM

The motive behind the Airdrop is to cheat the investor of the crypto and steal their personal information. But, I think only 1% of the Airdrop may be the legit. Think yourself why someone give you money without any work. So, do not indulge into this scam.

Many airdrop not require our KYC when we sign up. I dont think airdrop is tool to mining our data, but to spread the word about the project. If more people holding the token, more people have a chance to invest and find out about the project

ahmed04

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 01:38:34 PM

The organizers of the project do not care about your time. They try to collect the largest amount of money in the shortest possible time. And so they use all the tools to attract the community. Don't listen.

rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 02:52:59 PM

The organizers of the project do not care about your time. They try to collect the largest amount of money in the shortest possible time. And so they use all the tools to attract the community. Don't listen.
What makes sense is what you say. Therefore, it is better for you to participate in a bounty program than to be airdrop. Because airdrop is certainly easy to do but the value is higher for bounty. As said that the project did not really deal with the time you spent participating in or working on airdrop.
kevinex

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 02:56:08 PM

What makes sense is what you say. Therefore, it is better for you to participate in a bounty program than to be airdrop. Because airdrop is certainly easy to do but the value is higher for bounty. As said that the project did not really deal with the time you spent participating in or working on airdrop.
for some reason now many airdrop campaigns are still being carried out and there are also many who follow them, even though now the requirements we are asked to follow are sometimes difficult. I myself haven't been on an airdrop campaign for a long time.
WolfheartTargaryen

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 02:57:50 PM

for some reason now many airdrop campaigns are still being carried out and there are also many who follow them, even though now the requirements we are asked to follow are sometimes difficult. I myself haven't been on an airdrop campaign for a long time.
I have been both a marketing advisor and community manager and can say with 100% certainty that airdrops and bounties are almost always a complete waste of time and money.
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 03:03:00 PM

I have been both a marketing advisor and community manager and can say with 100% certainty that airdrops and bounties are almost always a complete waste of time and money.

do you have some data to support this statement, or you just expressing your opinion without any data to support it
i do not think so, since this is a young niche of business and bounty and airdrop are the way to promote an idea without initial cash investment needed for marketing purposes, you are providing part of the company that will have value in the future for present support by the community that follow crypto currencies
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:55:34 PM

The main goal of free distribution from each project is to attract users to your project. Typically, distributions are not large in amounts, and most people bolshenvsha eats them for pennies and the course does not particularly affect the distribution of free distribution is usually allocated a couple of percent of the total tokens.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:59:53 PM

I think airdrops are used by developers to create artificial deflation or to increase the users of their tokens/projects.
 Most of the developers way of incentivizing users through Airdrops  has been thesame for a long time now and with no creativity. Sometimes I wonder if they think this things through or they're probably just spamming the ICO space deliberately with worthless tokens to make it look unattractive and useless
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:10:54 PM

Giving their tokens to get more attention about the project and it is really nothing loss of the project team if they didn't get success but it will e a great blow for the people who were promoting it but when it get success small portion will go to the participants but team will enjoy all the profits they had made.

ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:48:54 PM

Airdrop is carried out in order to ensure that most people have concentrated tokens of the project. So is it good advertising, are rarely generous airdrome, so it's cheap advertising.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:17:26 PM

I think be of the major reasons for airdrop is to build the  social media community of a given project. Although there may be some other reasons.
Loedong

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:29:17 PM

talking about airdrop has a good side as well as a negative side, airdrop describes an alternative to promoting projects other than ICO. to get Token generated from airdrops is also not too difficult, but a negative side that needs to be noted is that token airdrops cannot be guaranteed as profit.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 07:34:48 PM

Cheapest way of advertising your project and creating awareness through thousands of people with a very low cost, Airdrop is a very strong tool to advertise your project, it helps project to build their followers or future investors and strong community, airdrop can attract thousands of people in no time, i myself came to know about Tron because the binnace airdrop they did bck in 2017, after receiving the airedrop, imade more research and then invest on the project, it is powerful tool of advertising.
reynald70

Activity: 598
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:41:17 PM

talking about airdrop has a good side as well as a negative side, airdrop describes an alternative to promoting projects other than ICO. to get Token generated from airdrops is also not too difficult, but a negative side that needs to be noted is that token airdrops cannot be guaranteed as profit.
Yes, Airdrop Tokens do not guarantee that we will get a decent profit, because so far Airdrop generators are very cheap, so Airdrop is only a cheap promotional material from a project to attract buyers to buy their Tokens.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:07:35 PM

The main purpose for airdrop is to attract and build community members for the project. Another one is to increase the number of the token holders it's also a means of advertising for the project to seek out investors.
Pithaxz

Activity: 452
Merit: 2

EPSILOAN.xyz

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:16:58 PM

Yes, Airdrop Tokens do not guarantee that we will get a decent profit, because so far Airdrop generators are very cheap, so Airdrop is only a cheap promotional material from a project to attract buyers to buy their Tokens.

yes that's one reason why some bounty hunters don't like airdrop because of a number of reasons including airdrops tokens that can't be set as a price benchmark, but I think there are still some people who like airdrop.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: