Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook will issue "GlobalCoin" before 2020 - What do you think about this?  (Read 411 times)
bounty.cvn (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:21:01 PM

Social networking giant Facebook will release its own electronic money called "GlobalCoin" in 2020, news from the BBC.

The news agency said on Friday that Facebook will plan to issue an electronic-based payment system in many countries before the first quarter of 2020 and is planning to test it before the end of the year.
More information about Facebook's e-money plan will be revealed in the coming month. They also added that Facebook is looking for advisors from the US Treasury Department and leaders from British bank Mark Carney about opportunities as well as legal issues for the discovery, the project is given is called "Project Libra"

This news comes at a time when reports suggest that Facebook is having talks with payment companies including Western Union, Visa and Mastercard to be able to support and financially support the electricity currency. They were pegged for their legal fees. The e-currency development project is expected to help billions of Facebook users can transfer money as well as make online purchases.

On May 2, Facebook registered to set up a new "Libra Networks" company in Geneva (Switzerland), which will enable them to "provide financial and technology services as well as hardware development simultaneously." is the software attached. " Last month, it was reported that Facebook could mobilize $ 1 billion to deploy this stablecoin project.
What do you think about this. Let's discuss the future of Facebook coin and social disturbance
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:25:27 PM

It is good to see a major tech firm taking advantage of block chain to provide services for the users. Social network is one of the sector that requires dynamic progression otherwise some other comes in to steal away the traffic. Crypto based rewarding social networks has been started to take away some of the traffic from Facebook as they are more rewarding to both content creator and viewer and Facebook wants to retain its position.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:17:27 PM

I am afraid of these upcoming coins. Facebook coin applied for licenses in UK bank, if they receive that they will become the first legally cryptocurrency used by masses.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 05:22:35 PM

I really don't like the idea to combine crypto with banks, but what i want to ask will Facebook name their crypto as "Global Coin"? I also think that this new coins can affect maybe old coins.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:24:39 PM

Facebook is one of the global household names in the world and its involvement into crypto will go a long way to depict the core benefits of cryptocurrency to ict companies and the likes and how they can drive more value through crypto
3x1t

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:30:43 PM

What do you think about this. Let's discuss the future of Facebook coin and social disturbance

What is crystal clear right now is that Facebook coin won't be a financial instrument for speculations in the cryptocurrency market since they are emitting a stable coin for internal payments to their social network.

Concerning the mass adoption (what is expected by the bearish market traders), I don't believe it will be a cryptocurrency in conventional understanding of its word (like bitcoin or ether).

The time will show anyway.   
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 10:39:21 PM

I think it will be the most usual stable coin, only very popular and convenient to use. I do not like Facebook and their policies, but I will be glad if they cope with this task.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 11:08:52 PM

To be honest we should tale this crypto initiative from fb positively as i think it will boost confidence among general public as fb has millions and millions of active users and also people will be interested to know and invest in other mainstream cryptos that will eventually help in adoption and market growth.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:07:43 AM

To be honest we should tale this crypto initiative from fb positively as i think it will boost confidence among general public as fb has millions and millions of active users and also people will be interested to know and invest in other mainstream cryptos that will eventually help in adoption and market growth.

Yeah, I also feel we should embrace it wholeheartedly since it only shows that crypto is becoming more mainstream and this could be "a light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak. And when it happens, I think it will contribute to global mass awareness on cryptocurrency and I think more people will get involved in crypto than ever and that will be great for the whole cryptoverse in general!
Simple_Plan

Activity: 113
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 02:06:01 AM

The only thing that I expect in Facebook's coin is that it will make cryptocurrency more popular to people. I don't expect it will contribute anything like technology to crypto world. Mark Zuckerberg is a cunning old fox. He just tries to benefit from his users.

∞ HYPNOXYS | A Backed Protocol To Decentralize The Chatting Industry
visit : www.hypnoxys.com
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 02:15:10 AM

I have to tip my hat to Facebook for their realization of needing to introduce cryptocurrency to the masses. If anyone can reach the people, then it would have to be Facebook. Their reach alone extends around the globe. They will single handedly hip people to the utility of crypto currencies. Sweet!  
The only downside to this is the fact that Facebook is centralized and the main attribute that Satoshi was trying to push was decentralization. Still, this is going to be big!

Dr.Sponge

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:12:04 AM

i think its a great idea if they were realizing the global coin they had issued for around many years. its a great thing if they realize their most important thing for the crypto.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:14:33 AM

Facebook is one of the global household names in the world and its involvement into crypto will go a long way to depict the core benefits of cryptocurrency to ict companies and the likes and how they can drive more value through crypto

If you will going to look at what will be the main event in this facebook coin launch in the market, it will going to be simple, cryptocurrency market adoption will be at its finest at more and millions of people around the globe will be encourage to learn and understand how cryrpto works, in result, more volume will be generated
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:21:00 AM

Facebook crypto currency will be much different than current eco system

1. It will be centralized instead of decentralized.
2. I do not think facebook will allow mining of it currency.
3. Facebbok will dictate on the pricing of cryptocurrency.

Q: Will it help btc or other crypto adoption?
A: No.

I am alive
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 03:21:05 AM

It would be a step forward for Facebook.
Facebook is losing a lot of users from it's platform because of privacy issue and it's being greedy. Tokenizing the platform would at least solve some problems like rewarding the content creators.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:26:19 AM

I will just wait for them to launch and observe how the market will react to that globalcoin. Other than it will be a stable coin and be used as global payment, I don't have any idea what this coin is all about.
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:11:42 AM

Q: Will it help btc or other crypto adoption?
A: No.

Its too early to tell what will be the effect of that coin if Facebook did really implement it but I guess it will create a buzz over social media and other media channels and will help spur mass awareness for cryptocurrency and the industry in general which I think will result to a positive effect among non believers.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 10:12:33 AM

expect a ton of these types of coins from a lot of different companies, banks and governments. basically we had 3 periods so far. the first one was the revolution that started with bitcoin and then some other initial altcoins that were decent projects. the second one was the pumping period where the hype was so much that it attracted lots of scammers who created a ton of shitcoins (mostly ICO tokens) and took newbies' money. the third phase is going to be the centralized sector doing the same thing but under regulation!!!

my guess would be the 4th period is the death of all the junk including the coins created in 2nd and 3rd periods and only the good projects surviving and going on.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16677

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 10:16:42 AM

Why is this advertised as if it's competition for Bitcoin? It sounds to me like Facebook is going to compete against Paypal.
A centralized payment system doesn't need a blockchain and can't be anonymous.

saba1256

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

airdrop-pepe.art

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 10:36:43 AM

As you know FaceBook wants to launch own coin as like Bitcoin but Bitcoin will always prime and this announcement will boost the crypto market.

Airdrop PEPE Claim 10$
A NEW EXCHANGE,SIGN UP TO GET 7 USDT  (https://u.to/Yzz7Hw)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: