Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook will issue "GlobalCoin" before 2020 - What do you think about this?  (Read 411 times)
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:13:51 AM

In my opinion this is good news, because later the crypto world will develop and there will be many people who know crypto
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:26:12 AM

Reading the note posted by the OP it's not clear to me if what Facebook is going to launch is really a cryptocurrency or not, they don't say if this coin will have its own blockchain or if it will not have any blockchain at all, according to what is written there it seems Facebook is going to launch some kind of internal payment processor with an “in-game currency”.
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:34:37 AM

On the one hand, it is good, more people will start to be interested in cryptocurrency, and on the other hand, it is bad, large corporations are always trying to change the market for themselves and this can become a problem for us.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Register13

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:49:26 AM

If the facebook will really launched a new coin like the above said "global coins" it may leads us into two ways effects like being a good opportunity to every hunters because it seems that cryptomarkets gets along new market system that provide hunters to become more interested in joining bounties for a good investment like the dencoins tokens. But on the other hands, it can also be a threat to the others bounties because it may leads to affect the rate of the old coins.
aioc

Activity: 2884
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:10:18 PM

Social networking giant Facebook will release its own electronic money called "GlobalCoin" in 2020, news from the BBC.

The news agency said on Friday that Facebook will plan to issue an electronic-based payment system in many countries before the first quarter of 2020 and is planning to test it before the end of the year.
More information about Facebook's e-money plan will be revealed in the coming month. They also added that Facebook is looking for advisors from the US Treasury Department and leaders from British bank Mark Carney about opportunities as well as legal issues for the discovery, the project is given is called "Project Libra"

This news comes at a time when reports suggest that Facebook is having talks with payment companies including Western Union, Visa and Mastercard to be able to support and financially support the electricity currency. They were pegged for their legal fees. The e-currency development project is expected to help billions of Facebook users can transfer money as well as make online purchases.

On May 2, Facebook registered to set up a new "Libra Networks" company in Geneva (Switzerland), which will enable them to "provide financial and technology services as well as hardware development simultaneously." is the software attached. " Last month, it was reported that Facebook could mobilize $ 1 billion to deploy this stablecoin project.
What do you think about this. Let's discuss the future of Facebook coin and social disturbance

Is this comes from an article? if so please edit it and post the link it or quote where you copied, you might get ban for copy-pasting, going back to your post, if they are going to use $1 billion for this project, this is one of the costliest cryptocurrency projects, and will give all the top coins a tough fight in the position.

zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 12:29:55 PM

I think i will avoid this.

Yes it is good thing for cryptocurrencies to become mainstream but on the other hand, it will be probably a money grab operation for facebook.

CryptoKush

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:30:00 PM

I think this is good news. Facebook can make cryptocurrencies much more popular than they are now. It will be interesting for me to watch the competition between Facebook and Telegram.
fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:36:48 PM

I'm really looking forward to this event, because entering the cryptocurrency market from Telegram and Facebook will actually make the cryptocurrency a global means of payment. I think that this will significantly affect the popularization of cryptocurrencies and increase the market capitalization by billions of dollars.
mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:53:50 PM

I'm really looking forward to this event, because entering the cryptocurrency market from Telegram and Facebook will actually make the cryptocurrency a global means of payment. I think that this will significantly affect the popularization of cryptocurrencies and increase the market capitalization by billions of dollars.
Yes, with Facebook entering the world of Cryptocurrency it will make a very good impact on other Bitcoin and Crypto digital currencies, because we know that Facebook is the best company so far. Hopefully when it is published it will have a good impact on the price of Bitcoin.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:23:13 PM

Reading the note posted by the OP it's not clear to me if what Facebook is going to launch is really a cryptocurrency or not, they don't say if this coin will have its own blockchain or if it will not have any blockchain at all, according to what is written there it seems Facebook is going to launch some kind of internal payment processor with an “in-game currency”.

Sounds like this coin won't even be a crypto currency and will just be stored on a centralized database so they can implement their own payment processor.  More like a video game currency than being in any way related to bitcoin.
eidoscore

Activity: 723
Merit: 106

STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 01:25:48 PM

is a good news for cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem when big company like facebook enter blockchain industry and make investor come for investing in cryptocurrency.

after few big company join in cryptocurrency ecosystem make this ecosystem more trusted for investor

elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 02:21:55 PM

This is very positive news for the entire cryptocurrency market as a whole, since this kind of news has a positive effect on the market as a whole and attracts more and more cryptocurrency investments and of course many influential companies, and I am very happy about that.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:05:07 PM

I see only positive aspects in this. Such a large company first cancels the ban on advertising cryptocurrencies on its platform, now its head wants to release its kripo. This is great and will have a very positive impact on the development of crypto.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 06:28:34 PM

Honestly speaking, I knew that they were talking about this and they have been working on it for a while but actually hearing it makes it much more real. I really want to believe that this would be one of the first where companies create their own tokens and coins and work with that and profit with that because then all others will follow and the value of fiat will drop.

Think about it even oil is based on dollar (which it doesn't have to but the world picked dollar to value it) and if we stop giving worth to stuff in dollar value and start stuff like "steam coin" or "amazon token" and what not in the future then we will be devaluing dollar and all other fiat which was the whole point of starting bitcoin. We are sick of dealing with centralized currency so we want everything (even including centralized coins) that will drop fiats value.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:59:50 AM

Q: Will it help btc or other crypto adoption?
A: No.

Its too early to tell what will be the effect of that coin if Facebook did really implement it but I guess it will create a buzz over social media and other media channels and will help spur mass awareness for cryptocurrency and the industry in general which I think will result to a positive effect among non believers.
That should be the only advantage the coin will have in the crypto market least it will once again help the market create the hype through its awareness, and maybe some project will get an increasing when new investors gets to know about cryptocurrency and choosing projects to invest in randomly, other that this benefit.

I doubt if it will really be of benefits to regular people out there since they are not creating investment coin, but something more like a stable coin that will be used to purchased their product and maybe pegged to a dollar, but like you said, we still cannot predict what its effect will be until we practically see it.
eidoscore

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 04:20:15 PM

Honestly speaking, I knew that they were talking about this and they have been working on it for a while but actually hearing it makes it much more real. I really want to believe that this would be one of the first where companies create their own tokens and coins and work with that and profit with that because then all others will follow and the value of fiat will drop.

Think about it even oil is based on dollar (which it doesn't have to but the world picked dollar to value it) and if we stop giving worth to stuff in dollar value and start stuff like "steam coin" or "amazon token" and what not in the future then we will be devaluing dollar and all other fiat which was the whole point of starting bitcoin. We are sick of dealing with centralized currency so we want everything (even including centralized coins) that will drop fiats value.
this is just my speculation

i think if Facebook really create their own altcoin, maybe this just used for their ecosystem like for paying Ads using their own crypto, paying streamer in facebook, and etc.

this is a reasonable thing that I think about this Facebook coin now

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 05:13:39 PM

Globalcoin will not be as global as current cryptocurrencies exist in the coinmarketcap. Facebook doesn't make a right decision with blocking the ads related to crypto projects, ICOs but now they decided to suddenly launch their own global crypto for using it on WhatsApp and Facebook.
eidoscore

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 04:41:38 PM

Globalcoin will not be as global as current cryptocurrencies exist in the coinmarketcap. Facebook doesn't make a right decision with blocking the ads related to crypto projects, ICOs but now they decided to suddenly launch their own global crypto for using it on WhatsApp and Facebook.
facebook has released tires on crypto ads for a long time, and today facebook just annouched their stablecoin specification to public, and now on this forum many thread just created and discuss this coin

katerina5643

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 02:51:12 PM

ofc, facebook intends to capture some part of the cryptocurreny market in order to give all people acess to basic financial services.
btw,regards to this thread.i've found related article so u can read & figure out more.
here's a link.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-inc-fb-wants-more-220415665.html
katerina5643

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 02:55:52 PM

hey , everyone. recently i have found an interesting thread regarding this discussion. You can check it following the link.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: