Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:48:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSA] Chartrade is a scam exchange site. Don't deal with anyone on it.  (Read 181 times)
asherlock (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:17:38 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

I'm sorry because I didn't know where else to post this. I've been selling Google cloud accounts and I got contacted by someone saying they'd like to purchase 100 accounts. I told them they would take at least 2 weeks as it takes me a while to get them. Anyways fast forward 2 days and he says he wants to pay right away. I told him that I just had 44 at the moment and therefore he should pay only for the accounts I have to avoid the stress on myself of getting him the other 56 accounts on time.

He made up some bullshit story about how his account got hacked and he wanted to deal with me by sending me btc on Chartrade.com. I found this odd but I said okay. He sends me funds on Chartrade.com and when I tried to withdraw them, it asked me to "verify my address" by sending 0.02 BTC to the exchange first. I found this very funny so I told the guy about it and he acted surprised as if he didn't know what was happening. I realized that this was all a very clever, creative and elaborate scam and told him to go screw himself with his scamming BS. He blocked me after that.

So basically you might be contacted by someone who will try to buy a ridiculous amount of your goods or services and tell you they want to pay through an exchange. They'll send you the funds on this exchange (Those funds don't actually exist because they own those websites so they can just create 10000 BTC in the exchange database if they want to lol) and then the exchange will require you to deposit a certain amount of crypto before you can withdraw. The moment you deposit anything, you will be scammed lol.
asherlock (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:38:54 AM

Bumping this so more people can see
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 09:06:39 AM

Referring an exchange for making payment safely has been another new creation from those scammers. They want to build trust by making transaction on a exchange site like OP mentioned on his thread. Its a new trick by how they force their targeted person to make deal by using a exchange website. Its pretty much clear that they are the owner of that exchange site.

OP for much visibility of your case to everyone you can edit your threads with related screenshots of that exchange and conversation too. 

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 09:34:57 AM

It's an old scam trick that has been going on for a while now. I have seen a couple of members talk about it but no one has actually made a proper report about it. I would recommend you to report on how it happened with the inclusion of screenshots of messages from the scammer.

Sometimes the scammer sends a random message to a member telling them to help him withdraw some money from an exchange with a promise of splitting the withdrawn money with the helper. Usually the amount to be withdrawn is usually large so it can tempt an unsuspecting member.
When the member tries to withdraw the funds, they are welcomed with a "Deposit 0.02 BTC to be able withdraw" kind of message

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
me_Atman

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 06:17:40 PM

I can tell a more funny story related to chartrade.  There seem to be sitting not the most stupid people!
 I looked at the screenshots on prnt.sc (there are all the photos in the public domain and you can see any by going from the url).  I came across funny photos like this https://prnt.sc/nzg2q7 and there were a lot of them.
 I tried to go and it turned out.  The account was 0.6 btc.  I thought that as a punishment for stupidity I can transfer 0.01 to myself, for them it is not much, but it will remind you how to share your data.
 It turned out that you can only transfer to another account and, surprisingly, the transfer did not require any confirmation via email / phone, the money was just sent.
 Then I tried to withdraw money from my account to the main wallet.  It turned out that I need to translate them 0.02 btc so that I could withdraw 0.01 btc.  In the chat that is on the site, no one answered me, but they assured the support that it was safe.
 I was surprised by a few things past the transfer without money.  There is no binding to the phone number at all, no login code is required to enter.  Who will work with finances and who will entrust them so?  0.6 btc is not small.
 Of course, I did not transfer any money to them.  This is stupid.  But just think what a way it is.  Not everyone knows about the fact that at prnt.sc you can find something interesting, but they know and take advantage of it.  Bravo!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: