Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:08:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Zuckerberg: US government surveillance is a threat to the internet  (Read 1228 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:00:54 AM

Mark Zuckerberg: US government surveillance is a threat to the internet

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/13/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-us-government-surveillance

<< Facebook founder reveals he personally called President Obama to express "frustration over the damage government is creating". >>
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:15:02 AM

Sure... He had no clue... I believe him.

Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:35:36 AM

Facebook has connections to the CIA. So stop the hypocrisy.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
am

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 09:21:48 AM

Is this not hypocrisy in itself though? How could a database of nearly every US citizen not be connected to the CIA?

I think Zuckerberg is actually quite inspiring - he's clearly still doing FB because he believes the mission otherwise he'd be living on or near a beach right now.
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:35:20 AM

Really Mark? You're against surveillance by the US government, are you? Last I checked, when you're the creator and majority shareholder of a site, you do have some say in whether or not you pipe everything that happens on the site directly to the NSA.
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:18:03 AM

Didnt he call all his users "a bunch of dumb fuckers", Facebook's initial funding came from CIA/NSA backdoor funding organizations such as In-Q-Tel (main finance contributor during the development of google...i mean skynet)

Him not knowing is absolute horseshit, he was down with it all as long as people saw him as the innovative creator and not the spooked backed douche creating a database users would willing fill with their own information.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:07:48 PM

Didnt he call all his users "a bunch of dumb fuckers", Facebook's initial funding came from CIA/NSA backdoor funding organizations such as In-Q-Tel (main finance contributor during the development of google...i mean skynet)

Him not knowing is absolute horseshit, he was down with it all as long as people saw him as the innovative creator and not the spooked backed douche creating a database users would willing fill with their own information.

AN OPEN LETTER TO MARK ZUCKERBURG

Shut the fuck up.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

Is this not hypocrisy in itself though? How could a database of nearly every US citizen not be connected to the CIA?

I think Zuckerberg is actually quite inspiring - he's clearly still doing FB because he believes the mission otherwise he'd be living on or near a beach right now.

And what is FB's mission?
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:44:40 PM

Hope in next few posts we have these all details about his and facebook mission because many peoples know about this all

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:04:09 PM

US government surveillance is a threat to the internet!
Facebook surveillance is a threat to the internet!
Paid trolls are harmless.  Cheesy

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:48:08 AM

Steal your life and your data, get paid to hand it to many agencies, being sure not to discriminate in favor of the NSA, possibly agencies of many countries, and further not discriminate in favor of governments, but also accept payment from many businesses who would like to know us better.

Then, just to complete the big happy hand holding circle, get all the illegal mexicans free American citizenship (but don't bother with getting poor illegal Guatemalen and Bolivian refugees free Mexican citizenship).

I got a feeling this Zuckerberg is getting played like a card by a card shark.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:52:46 AM

Steal your life and your data, get paid to hand it to many agencies, being sure not to discriminate in favor of the NSA, possibly agencies of many countries, and further not discriminate in favor of governments, but also accept payment from many businesses who would like to know us better.

Then, just to complete the big happy hand holding circle, get all the illegal mexicans free American citizenship (but don't bother with getting poor illegal Guatemalen and Bolivian refugees free Mexican citizenship).

I got a feeling this Zuckerberg is getting played like a card by a card shark.

Zuck is getting paid very well, but who knows if he will be happy in the end?

Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:02:20 AM

Get your data and send it to the CIA and other american agencies.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:08:45 AM

Get your data and send it to the CIA and other american agencies.

Including photos (FACEbook)
Something smells fishy there, but everyone is using it.   Grin

dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:20:26 PM

Mark Zuckerberg: US government surveillance is a threat to the internet

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/13/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-us-government-surveillance

<< Facebook founder reveals he personally called President Obama to express "frustration over the damage government is creating". >>

Lol, is that kind of like google doing the same thing? All these companies have been selling their server data to government agencies for years (and it's been leaked more than a few times too).

Now that heavy military operations are coming to a close people are more willing to criticize companies/government over spying and illegal activities. I don't think they were expecting the public backlash, and now the smart companies are trying to get ahead of the ball and pretend to be on a side they're not.
zeeshanblc

Activity: 390

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:41:11 AM

Suckerberg is giving facebook users info to the governments for years. Why tell this now?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:44:19 AM

Suckerberg is giving facebook users info to the governments for years. Why tell this now?

Maybe he is going rogue?
Probably not...

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:07:07 PM

dangerkid

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:37:35 PM

facebook surveillance is a threat to the internet.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 06:06:11 PM

Step 1: Have one of your employees "leak" information making the US administration of the internet unpopular.
Step 2: Use this new sentiment to introduce "international control" of the internet to appease this sentiment.
Step 3: Enjoy the new layer of unaccountability on top of the existing unaccountable national level of law and exploit it.
Step 4: Profit

Mark is just doing what he is told.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: